PDA

View Full Version : "Star Ocean" or "Tales of-" series?

Destai
08-12-2005, 11:44 PM
I've only played Star Ocean 3 and Tales of Symphonia but I thought they were both good. I thought Star Ocean was better in graphics, Music and Battle system but I still think theyre both great games. I was looking at screens for tales of abyss and I think it looks brilliant. Which series do YOU prefer?

Dreddz
08-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Ive played and completed SO 2 + 3
Other than Tale of Symphonia, Tales of series, no surprises, never made it to UK

lol, just gotta laugh abput it now.....UK SUCKS !!!

Black Mage
08-13-2005, 01:12 AM
Why do I have to pick?

If I must, I'd pick the Tales series. I love both series, but Tales of Phantasia tips the scales in my book.

Now, if you pitted Wolf Team against Tri-Ace, I'd have to reconsider.

Lord Xehanort
08-13-2005, 02:35 AM
I didn't care for SO2... but I haven't played any Tales games other than Symphonia. I worship SOTET and TOS, so i can't choose.

Aphelion
08-13-2005, 01:13 PM
I haven't played much of the Tales series (I'm still looking for a Japanese Tales of Symphonia copy for my PS2), but from what I could see, it is pretty good, but I'm gonna have to pick Star Ocean. :D

XxSephirothxX
08-13-2005, 01:35 PM
Tales of Symphonia's battle system was much better than Star Ocean 3's, with the exception of it being 2D. I don't see what people saw in Star Ocean 2, either--I thought it was an average-at-best RPG. Star Ocean 1, however, was fabulous, but from what little of Tales of Phantasia I've played, I think it's better. So probably the Tales series.

Destai
08-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Tales of Symphonia's battle system was much better than Star Ocean 3's, with the exception of it being 2D. I don't see what people saw in Star Ocean 2, either--I thought it was an average-at-best RPG. Star Ocean 1, however, was fabulous, but from what little of Tales of Phantasia I've played, I think it's better. So probably the Tales series.I thought SO3's battle system was far better than tales of symphonia. ToS's system seemed like a kiddy version of the SO3 system.