PDA

View Full Version : the mastered "all" materia

G SpOtZ
08-12-2005, 11:56 PM
does a mastered "all" materia do anything special? or is it just there so you can sell it for 1.4 million gil?

Mitch
08-13-2005, 12:16 AM
It revives Aeries

Rednikcam
08-13-2005, 12:30 AM
It sells for that much?

Wow.

Peter_20
08-13-2005, 12:31 AM
Yes, itīs the best Summon in the game!

Seriously, no, and I think it IS pretty special with an easily mastered Materia that sells for 1.400 000 Gil.

G SpOtZ
08-13-2005, 12:33 AM
well i was thinking that it sells for so much for a certain reason. if something sells for that much i would think that it has a meaning for it to be expensive, but all i've learned so far is that it's just there for selling and once you master it, like any other materia, another new one is made. o.O

Shoeberto
08-13-2005, 12:38 AM
I never sold my mastered Alls. I just used them with a nice mastered Cure materia. Regen + All makes for some nice battles.

Mercen-X
08-13-2005, 02:03 AM
Once you've mastered the All materia, the limit to "all enemy/ally" attack/aids is removed. Just like any mastered summon in which you can infinitely cast them as long as you have the Mp. The same is true of your spell+All combination. When All is mastered, you can attack all enemies as long as you have the Mp.

G SpOtZ
08-13-2005, 06:19 AM
oh. that's not SO special. i'd rather sell em when i need to.

Rengori
08-13-2005, 06:34 AM
well i was thinking that it sells for so much for a certain reason. if something sells for that much i would think that it has a meaning for it to be expensive, but all i've learned so far is that it's just there for selling and once you master it, like any other materia, another new one is made. o.O
A materia sells for how much AP has been put on it.

Dignified Pauper
08-13-2005, 06:40 AM
I don't think I ever mastered a single Materia. Not until I cheated to get a quick run of the game to refresh my memory on it.

Peter_20
08-13-2005, 12:00 PM

Donīt judge their meaning by their prices too much.
In fact, a Master Materia sells for 1 Gil, so those prices arenīt that reliable. :beer:

Dreddz
08-13-2005, 12:48 PM
I never sell any of my Materia, I try to master as many as possible....

Rengori
08-13-2005, 06:38 PM

In fact, a Master Materia sells for 1 Gil, so those prices arenīt that reliable. :beer:
Like I said, a materia sells for how much AP is on it. Since Master Materia doesn't grow, it will sell for 1 gil.

soulICE
08-13-2005, 08:23 PM
useful for when you want to buy sylkis greens in bulk (say, 99 at a time).

G SpOtZ
08-13-2005, 09:58 PM
that makes sense...

Shin Gouken
08-14-2005, 05:04 PM

thats what the w-item cheat is for :) just duplicate those babies

Rye
08-14-2005, 05:06 PM

thats what the w-item cheat is for :) just duplicate those babies

What cheat? :D

Peter_20
08-14-2005, 05:07 PM
that makes sense...

OK? :rolleyes2

So, then tell me why the KOTR Summon doesnīt sell for even more?
It takes AGES to master, which would have made it far superior to the All Materia, which it isnīt.

G SpOtZ
08-14-2005, 08:57 PM
it shouldn't matter, if you sell it ur an idiot XD

Masamune·1600
08-15-2005, 01:20 AM

Like I said, a materia sells for how much AP is on it. Since Master Materia doesn't grow, it will sell for 1 gil.

Prior to mastery, most materia sell at a rate of 1 gil per AP set to the materia. At mastery, however, a number of materia sell for massively beyond their AP value. In this sense, selling mastered All materia is a cost effective decision, as mastered All materia have the highest gil to AP ratio (40 gil to 1 AP) in the game. Other materia do sell as high or nearly as high, however; a mastered Comet materia will also sell at 1.4 million gil, as will Speed Plus and Magic Plus materia.

A number of materia (beyond the Master set) sell for 1 gil, even when mastered. These include all Summon materia. These materia can accrue enormous amounts of AP, so a direct gil to AP statement is clearly inaccurate.

So, then tell me why the KOTR Summon doesnīt sell for even more?
It takes AGES to master, which would have made it far superior to the All Materia, which it isnīt.

In general, materia that sell for 1 AP are very rare and valuable, so the low price might exist to discourage the gamer from selling the rare orb. The same condition exists with rare items; Megalixirs, for example, sell for only 1 gil.

eestlinc
08-15-2005, 02:29 AM
things that sell for 1 gil are priceless and can never be bought.

fantasyjunkie
08-15-2005, 03:12 AM
All materia is just like an instant million gil :) for me

Peter_20
08-15-2005, 06:08 AM
All materia is just like an instant million gil :) for me

Me too! :)
I always think if them like "yay, Iīve got īem, now Iīm RICH! Muhahaha!!!" :D

G SpOtZ
08-15-2005, 06:19 AM
if you buy the villa at costa del sol and then put cloud in the water and leave the ps/2 on for an hour, you'll see him start getting tired and start drowning then tifa will come in a bikini and save you. you get to see a nice screenshot with tifa in a bikini, then pale white cid in a leopard speedo XD

mastered materia woooooh

soulICE
08-15-2005, 11:02 PM
thats what the w-item cheat is for just duplicate those babies

aye, but W-item isnt available until 3rd disk. its so easy to level an All wearing double/triple growth while running around mideel and slashing grasshoppers into extinction while still on 2nd disk. you can even start this at disk one, once you get the tiny bronco.

Mercen-X
08-15-2005, 11:50 PM
A number of materia (beyond the Master set) sell for 1 gil, even when mastered. These include all Summon materia. These materia can accrue enormous amounts of AP, so a direct gil to AP statement is clearly inaccurate.
m16 beat me to it. Arr!
W-Item, W-Spell, W-Summon, E.Skill, 2x Cut, Morph I believe, Slash All, Mime, MP/HP Absorbs, Steal As Well, Magic Counter, Final Attack, Quadra Magic, Sneak Attack, Gil Plus, Exp. Plus, HP <-> MP, Mega ALL, Underwater, Exit, Comet, Fullcure, Contain, Ultima

Apocalypse, Ragnarok, Ultima Weapon, God's Hand, Premium Heart, Missing Score, Conformer, Limited Moon, Death Penalty, HP Shout, Venus Gospel, Ziedrich, Chocobracelet, Poison Ring, Peace Ring, Champion Belt, Ribbon, Water Ring, HypnoCrown, Safety Bit, Reflect Ring, Tetra Elemental, Sneak Glove, Cat's Bell, X-Potion, Turbo Ether, Elixir, Megalixir, Dream Powder, Mute Mask, War Gong, Lovo Weed, Fire Fang, Antarctic Wind, Ice Crystal, Bold Plume, Swift bolt, Earth Drum, Earth Mallet, Deadly Waste, M-Tentacles, Stardust, Holy Touch, Ink, Vampire Fang, Ghost Hand, Dragon Scales, Impaler, Shrivel, Molotov, there's more, but I can't think of them right now.

Aidan
08-16-2005, 01:33 AM
the most useful thing about an al, is you can master like 10 over night, and sell them for so much gil.

and whenever i made it to costa del sol, i almost always had an almost master all, so i would build up and sell it just so i could buy the villa.

also nice to buy anything else.

fantasyjunkie
08-16-2005, 04:30 AM
the most useful thing about an al, is you can master like 10 over night, and sell them for so much gil.

and whenever i made it to costa del sol, i almost always had an almost master all, so i would build up and sell it just so i could buy the villa.

you can buy the Villa? I never knew that! :eek:

Peter_20
08-16-2005, 07:48 AM

you can buy the Villa? I never knew that! :eek:

I donīt know about it either, but I guess you will be able to it as soon as you pass the 300,000G limit.

Aidan
08-16-2005, 11:55 AM
wtf are you talking about? you guys are confusing.

Rostum
08-16-2005, 12:14 PM

They're talking about the Villa in Costa Del Sol. The one you can buy.

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 12:40 PM
i thought i killed my own thread awhile ago when i made up that stupid outrageous rumor.

^^;;

eestlinc
08-16-2005, 03:22 PM
rumors are bad

buying the Villa in Costa del Sol is kinda dumb, but you can do it.

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 03:58 PM
rumors are only bad if they're almost believeable and people decide to believe them because they're ignorant XD

but rumors are good when they're outrageous and funny. and cannot possibly be real.

Rengori
08-16-2005, 04:08 PM
I can't beleive some people are still crying in their bed because "FF7 was banned."

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 04:18 PM
I can't beleive some people are still crying in their bed because "FF7 was banned."
<sniffle...> T~T

XD funny.

Rhi
08-16-2005, 05:16 PM
i dont use all materia anymore - i mastered 'mega all' 4 times

and for the 300,000 gil for the villa, i have almost 29 million gil (comes from training everyone to lvl 99)

i want the maximum amount of money, so that i can't get any more :D

i also want 3 of each master materia (i hav 2 magic, 2 command and 1 summon so far, ill get one set once i beat emerald) and i want 3 ribbons, i hav 1 so far

Rengori
08-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Want, want, want. You sure are greedy.

Shin Gouken
08-16-2005, 08:15 PM
i dont use all materia anymore - i mastered 'mega all' 4 times

and for the 300,000 gil for the villa, i have almost 29 million gil (comes from training everyone to lvl 99)

i want the maximum amount of money, so that i can't get any more :D

i also want 3 of each master materia (i hav 2 magic, 2 command and 1 summon so far, ill get one set once i beat emerald) and i want 3 ribbons, i hav 1 so far

more ribbons would be great. but how do you get more ribbons or cant you? in ffv there were four in the game, one for each character

Rhi
08-16-2005, 08:17 PM
i know someone with two ribbons so there must be at least one more i think you get them by morphing something

Shin Gouken
08-16-2005, 08:20 PM
i know someone with two ribbons so there must be at least one more i think you get them by morphing something

:eek: *runs to morph anything and everythingthing in sight*

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 08:21 PM
you morph tonberries to get ribbons.

Shin Gouken
08-16-2005, 08:29 PM
you morph tonberries to get ribbons.

you just saved me alot of morphing time dude. apreciate it, here, have some smarties. i wasnt going to eat them anyway.

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 08:46 PM
mmm. smarties.

TheSpoonyBard
08-16-2005, 08:52 PM
You find one Ribbon in the Temple of the Ancients, one Inside Gaea's Cliff and you can Morph Tonberries (Northern Crater) or Ho-Chu (Battle Sqaure) to get a third one.

Rhi
08-16-2005, 09:12 PM
hey, I WANT SMARTIES!!!!!!!!!!!! i told you that you could morph something to get them...i feel left out...

Shin Gouken
08-16-2005, 09:16 PM
smarties all round *makes it rain smarties*

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 09:17 PM
lets swim in a pool or smarties.

Aidan
08-16-2005, 09:19 PM

They're talking about the Villa in Costa Del Sol. The one you can buy.

i know. ive already stated that ive bought it before. they were going on on som wierd crap, and one guy said he didnt know you could get it, and i didnt know if he was serious or not. lol.

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 09:21 PM
a pool of smarties should come with the villa. why the hell am i spamming in my own thread?

Shin Gouken
08-16-2005, 09:31 PM
imagine if it REALLY could rain smarties :eek: (ok stops spamming now)

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 09:34 PM
now tell me. does anybody keep their mastered all materias to the point where they have too many? XD

eestlinc
08-16-2005, 09:43 PM
tetra elemental > ribbon

you can morph cactuars to get tetra elementals

TheSpoonyBard
08-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Why are Tetra Elementals better than Ribbons? I'd have to say the best accessories are either the Touph Ring, Championship Belt or Circlet before stats are maxed, after that the Protect Ring or the Sprint Shoes are preferable. Tetra Elemental and Ribbon can be replicated with Typhoon/Contain=Elemental and Hades=Added Effect repectively.

eestlinc
08-16-2005, 11:12 PM
If your characters are strong enough then status effects don't cause enough of a problem to necessitate ribbons.

KoShiatar
08-17-2005, 10:20 PM
*dives in a pool of smarties*
And nobody knows there's a secret chest full of smarties in the Shinra Mansion basement.

G SpOtZ
08-17-2005, 11:11 PM
doesn't that open after you fight clevage weapon?

Rengori
08-18-2005, 01:53 AM
I think you fight Cleavage Weapon in the whorehouse in FFIV.

eestlinc
08-18-2005, 04:03 AM
*cleave*