View Full Version : The Black Mages I and II

Lawr
08-13-2005, 12:01 AM
Just wondering if The Black Mages
were part of Square or not
, but anyway their remixes are awesome!

Mirage
08-13-2005, 12:05 AM
Not directly part of Square-Enix. Nobuo Uematsu got them done.

Fireblade13
08-23-2005, 04:32 PM
What do you mean

rubah
08-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Nobuo plays keyboard in the Black Mages.

moving this to music also.

cookieface
08-30-2005, 04:50 AM
wow I didn't know he actually played keyboard himself in that. i don't think this guy could write a bad theme if he tried.

blackmage_nuke
08-30-2005, 09:04 AM
that guy can do anything

if there was another BM album what would u wanna hear?
i'd wanna hear:

one winged angel: VII
devils lab: VI
meridian dance: SoM
Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec: VIII

crono_logical
08-30-2005, 11:49 AM
I don't think Meridian Dance was composed by Uematsu though :p

blackmage_nuke
08-30-2005, 12:22 PM
I don't think Meridian Dance was composed by Uematsu though :p
it wasnt but it would sound mad if it were remixed by the black mages

cookieface
09-03-2005, 04:10 AM
I dunno, I guess the FFIII boss music, and the FFIV boss music would be good, though seems kind of hard in a rock theme, but who knows.

Better yet, I'd rather have a new great game released with music by Nobuo and company. A game called Gun Hazard had some awesome music by him, and it even looked a lot like FFVI. And it was an action game. We need more games like this.

Yoruhoshi
09-03-2005, 06:01 AM
*smiles* I have both the Black Mages cds. They are like, supremely awesome. I listen to them all the time. I am a black mage myself though not a member of the Black Mages band. *sighs*

Shoden
09-04-2005, 06:06 PM
My favourite is Jenova and Those who fight further.

Maybe I'm a lion wasn't that good.

I have One winged angel though.

Lawr
09-05-2005, 05:32 AM
If you want to listen to the Black Mages I (http://bluelaguna.net/music/bm/mp3s.php) or the Black Mages II (http://bluelaguna.net/music/bm2/mp3s.php)
or any other faamous RPG's songs click the "music" link in my sig.

Shoden
09-07-2005, 05:10 PM
the 1st album is superior to the 2nd IMO.

SeeDRankLou
09-09-2005, 12:16 AM
The second album was more experimental, which was a good in some places and not so good in others, especially when they started using vocals.

I like the Black Mages. Even some of the songs they do that just mimic the original, it just sounds much better being played by actual instruments than in MIDI or whatever format. I was very surprised by how much better Dancing Mad and J-E-N-O-V-A sounded in that fashion.

I would like to hear them do a chocobo song, the one from FFVIII would probably suit them the most, but just do a chocobo song. I think The Sword of Doubt might sound good in a rocked style, and maybe The Extreme. Songs from the earlier FFs sound good when they redo them, it's just that I kind of can't tell beforehand that they would, the constrast is only apparant in hindsight.