PDA

View Full Version : Griever!

Shinobi
08-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Can anyone give me any hint on how to beat this guy. I dont think im strong enough, what are the recommended stats for this battle.

Discord
08-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Erm... you need a good junction, i.e. a lot of str for Squall. Try casting Aura at him and making as many Renzokukens as you can. Also, I'd strongly suggest having Quistis with White Wind and Guardian or Selphie with Full Cure in your team.

And yes, try getting 9999 HP for everyone:)

I've beaten the game a couple of times. The easies one was with Squall and Quistis at level 100 and Selphie at level 87. 2 healers and one strong attacker just rule:D

raskerino
08-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Griever's pretty easy by this time you should (doesn't mean you need to) have 255 strength on squall, that combined wih aura is an easy way to slaughter all of ultimecia's forms, if you don't have 255 strength let me recommend going out one of the gates into the normal world and drawing around the island of heaven and hell or using the devour strategy. Just having good junctions is all you need (unless you're ultima shadow).

Now, the cheap way: Use holy wars, hero or the end.

Main danger is Shockwave Pulsar so try to have at least 9000 life. Ultimecia is very easy if you just renzokuken every chance u get

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Eden.

Edit: with boost.

raskerino
08-13-2005, 04:42 PM
that works too.

boys from the dwarf
08-13-2005, 06:36 PM
all you need to do is have plenty of megalixirz(preferably from bahamuts card.and yes you can fight bahamut and ultima weapon in the future if youve missed it.)and you will need enough defence and HP to surive shockwave pulsar(if you dont kill him on time he will use it anyway and survive and possibly use it again if you let the battle linger on but i havent tried letting it linger.there is no way of avoiding greiver using shockwave pulsar on you unfourtunately.)after the battle use a megalixir then fight.(the next form of the battle can deal 3000-4000 damage to the entire party so good luck!)

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2005, 12:58 AM
Here's what i did to beat the whole ultimecia thingy (except the first form).
Have Zell and Rinoa with you.
Have 100 megaelixers from bahamut's card. (it's not like you'll be able to use it)
Use cerberus (or just use triple) on your party.
Cast aura on everyone.
Have everyone's strongest weapon.
Make sure angelo knows all of his ablilities, especially wishing star and invincible moon.
Don't use angel wings!
Be sure everyone's stregnth is really high, and use physical attacks and Limits.
With zell's duel just use punch rush and booya continuously, none of the other comands (with some practice and maxed out str. he does over 100,000 with duel!!)
Between Duel, Lionheart, and Wishing Star, it was a breeze!

Other notes:
Make sure you've used a phoenix pinoin, you may need phoenix!
When fighting griever, keep everyone's HP higher than 3000, his shockwave pulsar does a lot.
Ultimecia's Hell Judgement will knock everyone's HP to 1 so have plenty of megaelixers!

Shinobi
08-14-2005, 09:58 AM
um, my stats arnt even close to the above. all my characters are below level 30, everyones hp is well below 3000, i dont have eden and i dont have all limit breaks. so i think im just going to go back to disk 3 and level up more. thanks anyway. :cry:

boys from the dwarf
08-14-2005, 11:10 AM
there is a way to make rinoas angel wing only cast a certain spell so if she constantly casts meteor in angel wing shell be doing 60000+ damage a turn(i forgot the strategy for doing it but it does work.).

ScottNUMBERS
08-14-2005, 01:07 PM
um, my stats arnt even close to the above. all my characters are below level 30, everyones hp is well below 3000, i dont have eden and i dont have all limit breaks. so i think im just going to go back to disk 3 and level up more. thanks anyway. :cry:

You can go back to disk three? :eek:
Leveling up won't make you stronger, it's juctioning Decent magic to your stats that will make you stronger, some Good magic to juction would be..ultima, flare, full-life, tornado, meltdown..etc. As for eden you can draw it from tiamat in ultimecias castle, (I've heard you can get it from either ultima, omega or both but i've never faced them so I wouldn't know.) If you have a high enough spirit stat and shell you'll only need around 3000-4000+ hp. You don't really need all those fancy-pants limit breaks or items either, why don't you challenge yourself instead. :cool: Once you get past greivers shock-wave pulsar hes really not hard at all, the two battles after greiver get considerably harder so watch out ;) Oh yeah and good luck! :D

boys from the dwarf
08-14-2005, 06:33 PM
but levelling does make it easier to get max HP.but it does make things easier to be on low levels in your situation.you will need to go back to the world map and train and draw some good magic.good luck.

Shinobi
08-15-2005, 06:26 PM
I just discoverd the leveling up stratagy where you run from monsters on the island of hell or heaven and let odin do the killing, it works great. :D

Skyblade
08-15-2005, 06:27 PM
To heck with that. Just use Quistis' Degenerator.

Jessweeee♪
08-15-2005, 07:14 PM
I suggest you get all of the GF's then. They help a LOT! I had everyone at level 16 and only had diablos and the other gf's you draw. I leveled everyone up, got the gfs and went junction mad!!

Here's another tip: Go to the Island Closest to Heaven/Hell and use the Enc-None ability. Keep drawing from all of the draw points there until you have 100 ultimas for everyone. They fill up fast!

ezzarian
08-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Have you tried junctioning 100 Holies to you HP and got at least HP+20%? By the way guys, what does Degenerator do?

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Have you tried junctioning 100 Holies to you HP and got at least HP+20%? By the way guys, what does Degenerator do?
pretty sure degenerator just kills a monster or something.

u know what's funny. i've replayed ffviii twice already and each time, i stopped right before adel. (i beat her in my first game then stopped on disc 4 XD i've never even seen the world map in disc 4.

Christmas
08-16-2005, 02:19 PM
u know what's funny. i've replayed ffviii twice already and each time, i stopped right before adel. (i beat her in my first game then stopped on disc 4 XD i've never even seen the world map in disc 4.

Pretty much the same like Disc 3 except all the town got block by a barrier and gates/portals appearing on the world map.

To heck with that. Just use Quistis' Degenerator

That is how I level up in those two islands. :D

there is a way to make rinoas angel wing only cast a certain spell so if she constantly casts meteor in angel wing shell be doing 60000+ damage a turn(i forgot the strategy for doing it but it does work.).

Ya, I seen it somewhere before. Like having only the meteor magic left in Rinoa's magic list. And each meteor hit for major damage.

Alright, back to the topic, try to have shell, protect and haste up when fighting.

Shinobi
08-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Ive got squall on level 100 with 255 strength and everyone else on around lvl 50 with all the good weapons and gf abilitys so i think im going to give it another shot soon.

crazybayman
08-16-2005, 06:35 PM
During battle, allow Squall to get down to low hp. When his turn comes around, keep pressing O until you get his limit break. Do the same for Zell also.

It took me just 14 min to beat Ultima Weapon this way, with Squall at level 92, Zell at lvl 90, and Irvine at lvl 80. I didn't even have to use a Lionheart, rather, I wound up pummelling it with Fated Circles and Blasting Zones.

tranvanhieu
08-20-2005, 10:29 AM
pretty sure degenerator just kills a monster or something.

No ,Degenerator kill all normal monsters in your fight,but always miss a boss

rubah
08-20-2005, 07:02 PM
The End doesn't miss bosses though, but that should be saved for dire straits.

ezzarian
08-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Tran, Degenerator kills only one monster per cast! Anyway, I don't think I'll challenge Ultima Weapon! I'll just get Eden from Tiamat!
P.S.:How come when I read walkthroughs, they all say that you can't return to the world map after you finish the stuff in Lunatic Pandora? Are you guys absolutely SURE that it can be done?

rubah
08-20-2005, 08:11 PM
you may not be able to leave the pandora once you're inside, I dunno.

But you can go to the worldmap in disc4, just not to any towns.

tranvanhieu
08-21-2005, 02:36 AM
Tran, Degenerator kills only one monster per cast! Anyway, I don't think I'll challenge Ultima Weapon! I'll just get Eden from Tiamat!
P.S.:How come when I read walkthroughs, they all say that you can't return to the world map after you finish the stuff in Lunatic Pandora? Are you guys absolutely SURE that it can be done?

^^ I'll check Degenerator out,so long since I last use it .
You can't leave Lunatic Pandora if Rinoa has been caught by Seifer (Squall will say I can't leave Rinoa if you go out),before Rinoa get caught,you still can go out.
In disc 4,if you wanna go out to world map,just face some gates in front of Ulti's castle,take Chocobo and get Ragnarok.

ezzarian
08-21-2005, 06:46 AM
What I mean is that can I still go everywhere when I get outside? Before Rinoa gets caught I mean and after she gets caught, can I do the same?

Skyblade
08-21-2005, 09:07 AM
What I mean is that can I still go everywhere when I get outside? Before Rinoa gets caught I mean and after she gets caught, can I do the same?

Before she gets caught, you can retreat to the Ragnarok and do whatever the heck you please. After she gets caught you must complete the disc before you can return to the world map, but once on disc 4, you can exit Ultimecia's Castle and explore the worldmap, with the slight change that you can no longer access any of the cities.

Shinobi
08-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Thanx for the help guys but you can stop posting here if you like coz i finally finished the game. :)

ezzarian
08-21-2005, 05:44 PM
That's a bummer! A world with no cities! Anyway, can I get a Chubby Chocobo card from anywhere besides side-quests? I have to get all sorts of stuff for the quests which are a real hassle!

ezzarian
08-23-2005, 08:02 PM
I've just finished the game but, I didn't find it very hard! I mean, I did a few Lion Hearts and the game was over! The ending was nice anyway!

Laugh at face of Danger
08-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Protect, shell, aura, meltdown

you've won

ezzarian
08-25-2005, 04:37 AM
Holy wars can be added to those!

Jessweeee♪
08-27-2005, 11:53 PM
If you don't know how to get to the ragnarok on disc 4 here's how:
Go to U's castle and exit through the gateway that leads to esthar.
Find the Chocobo Holy Ground
Ride the Chocobo to Centra (you can go on shallow water) and get the ragnarok.
You can't enter cities on disc 4 because of ultimecia. You can only enter the Deep Sea Research Center, and Tear's Point. You can also go to the area where Laguna fights the Ruby Dragon.
If you need to shop or upgrade weapons, you can talk to the guy on the ragnarok or use Tonberry and Doomtrain's abilities.