PDA

View Full Version : Cheats

Russ80
08-14-2005, 03:24 AM
whats the infinite/9999 JP and item dupe tricks?

BG-57
08-14-2005, 03:28 AM
The item duplication trick works as follows:

Suppose you want to copy a Knight Sword like Excalibur.

Go to a shop that sells swords, equip a character with Two Swords ability.

Equip the shield in the right hand and the sword in the left (in other words, the reverse of the usual positions).

Go to the shop and ask for 'best fit' A second copy of the sword should appear in the right hand.

Agree to pay for it and quit.

Your character now has two copies of the same sword! :D

Note: this bug does not work with all weapon types.

Tekno Drifter
08-19-2005, 04:32 AM
Duping is silly....

BG-57
08-19-2005, 04:44 AM
Having a party armed with Excaliburs (for the guys) and Chaos Blades (for the gals in combination with Setimsons) will create an almost undefeatable force permenantly in auto-haste. Not too shabby. :D

Tekno Drifter
08-19-2005, 04:47 AM
But it's cheating. And that takes away the fun. I mean...what's the point if you know you can max out your characters with little or no effort???

BG-57
08-19-2005, 04:53 AM
Yes it's cheating because the makers didn't intend for it to be possible.

In the first playthroughs of Tactics I avoided using it. But in later playthroughs I was in more of a rush to level up, so it became too much of a temptation to resist, much like W-Item in FFVII.

Besides, playing god is fun, although it's not for everyone.

Tekno Drifter
08-19-2005, 04:59 AM
whatever...it still takes away from the fun...

Sasquatch
08-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Actually instead of doing two-swords, just have somebody with a shield and a sword, and put the shield in their right hand and the sword in their left. Go to a store, put a (equal/weaker) sword in place of the shield, then do Best Fit, and it'll go back. Back out of it until you get to the screen with all your characters lined up. This finishes it -- you can go back in from there and do it again, if you want to, and get however many you want.

As for the JP Trick... It doesn't work with every Job. Only Jobs with a lot of things to learn -- enough to take up more than a full page. Like White/Black Mage, for example. Get enough JP in that job to learn some ability, something that obviously doesn't take much to learn. Select it, and a little window will pop up asking if you're sure about it. Then hold SQUARE and press DOWN. (Or UP, I guess.) This'll change what's on the page, just like it would normally. Make it go to something you don't have enough JP for, and select "Yes". Then back out of everything, again, to the page with everybody lined up. Go back in, and they should have 9999 JP for that Job. The problem with this, though, is that even though you can Master Jobs, you might still be at lv. 1 for that Job. Which means you'd have to be that Job to gain a few Job Levels before you can get some other Jobs.

Yeah, it's cheap. Yeah, it's cheating. Yeah, it's wrong. No, I'm not above it.

Behold the Void
08-19-2005, 06:05 PM
I never used it, I've always spent time mindlessly leveling instead, but I'll probably do it eventually. If someone's already brought every character to level 99 with all the good equipment and all jobs mastered (as many of us here have) I think they're free to cheat every now and again :D

Despotus
08-20-2005, 03:58 AM
I never used it, I've always spent time mindlessly leveling instead.
I agree with your first point, BtV. In addition, I cannot abide cheating with weapon dupe when there are ninjas that will throw Chaos Blades, Excaliburs, Save the Queens, Defenders, Dragon Whiskers, Chirijiradens, and so forth at very high levels. Just use Catch, cheatahs ;)

RedCydranth
09-03-2005, 01:23 AM
I can honestly say that I have never done any of those cheats once. Nor will I in a serious play through. I might just to see it work and then reset. As Despo said, There's legit ways to winning.

I also agree with the statement that if you beat the game, you can go through and cheat the game. If you cheat the game to beat the game, you never really beat the game. I don't own a GameShark and I probably never will. If I know there's a cheat I do not use it. If there's an error designed to be exploited (Like FFII's attack your own players to maximize stats and select/unselect to gain quicker points)I use it. The tactics errors weren't supposed to be there, thus is cheating. Button cheats also I disagree with (Shining Force for Genesis comes to mind... U,D,U,D,L,R,L,R,D,R,U,L,B,A Start (hold start) for the control enemies and name all characters code.). They are there for fun, but not to beat the game with.

If you have never beaten FFT, i really suggest you use your brain and common decency to not cheat your first play through. I cheated my way through FFVIII the first time and since then I regretted it. That is why I'm now replaying it legitimately to prove to myself I can do it right on my own (I also beat it legit, but a friend did most the game. I just took over for a few sequences. i mostly watched.)

Dark Messenger
09-04-2005, 12:29 PM
I use the cheats because I've finished the game more than once. First few times, I never even knew the cheats! Or even about Poaching (which isn't cheating).

BTW, Poaching isn't cheating! Even poaching Chantages and Ribbons... there are only a few battles where you can Invite a Uribo, not including Deep Dungeon's END.

RedCydranth
09-04-2005, 06:06 PM
No one said it was. Poaching is one of the best ways to get advanced items earlier than you are supposed to. Its completely legal, as is catching good swords when enemy ninjas throw them at you.

Eternal Dark Night
09-04-2005, 07:44 PM
isn't there a cheat were you can make all your guys at level one but still have the same abilities that way you can keep on seeing those little guys jump up and down when they level up.

greymon138
10-02-2005, 03:01 PM
I know something that levels you down. It is the degenerator trap. If you activate it, you will lose one level, and your stats and abilities will still be the same. Just use the teleport skill and fail it on a degenarator trap. After sometime, you will be superb!