PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill Movie

Giga Guess
08-14-2005, 05:46 AM
I heard a rumor about it...wondering if anyone can confirm or deny it for me....

Shoeberto
08-14-2005, 05:50 AM
It's true.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0384537/

Giga Guess
08-14-2005, 05:54 AM
Erm...did anyone tell them about Harry? Or Cheryl?

kikimm
08-14-2005, 05:54 AM
Yeah. I know there's a blog of one of the guy's who's working on it floating around somewhere, but I'm a bit too lazy to go dig it up at the moment. It's kind of interesting, though.

:D

Shoeberto
08-14-2005, 05:57 AM
I'd imagine they're trying to tell an original story based in the Silent Hill universe. Kind of like how SH1 and SH2 had no common plot elements outside of the town itself.

DJZen
08-14-2005, 05:58 AM
That's the nice thing about Silent Hill, the star isn't the main character, it's the town itself. It'll probably be nowhere near as good as the games though. $10 says Uwe Boll is behind it.

Giga Guess
08-14-2005, 06:02 AM
I'd imagine they're trying to tell an original story based in the Silent Hill universe. Kind of like how SH1 and SH2 had no common plot elements outside of the town itself.

But then why have Cybil, Alessa and Dahlia?

Erdrick Holmes
08-14-2005, 06:02 AM
I think this movie would be HARD to screw up.

-Advent-
08-14-2005, 06:07 AM
That's the nice thing about Silent Hill, the star isn't the main character, it's the town itself. It'll probably be nowhere near as good as the games though. $10 says Uwe Boll is behind it.
Good thing he's busy with messing up Dunegon Seige.
Now gimmie that 10$ :D

DJZen
08-14-2005, 06:09 AM
Because it means Uwe Boll is not destroying one of the few things I love in this world, I will do so gladly.

-Advent-
08-14-2005, 06:13 AM
*Gladly takes the 10$* :D
I'm looking forward to this movie as well they better not mess it up.

Shoeberto
08-14-2005, 06:23 AM

But then why have Cybil, Alessa and Dahlia?
I didn't take that into consideration...I'm not sure. They could be re-telling Harry's story with a different character, but that'd be dumb. It's hard telling at this point.

It doesn't come out for a year, though, so that gives us plenty of time to get new information and pass judgement on it.

krissy
08-14-2005, 06:36 AM
i have seen set pics and it looks good

Dreddz
08-14-2005, 09:26 AM
looks like a load of crap

Slothy
08-14-2005, 01:11 PM
I think this movie would be HARD to screw up.

Funny because I think it could actually be screwed up very easily. The whole suspenseful horror thing the games have going on, not to mention an absolutely sureal world at times could so easily be screwed up it's not funny. I haven't seen a horror movie myself that got the suspense scare right, and the tendency in Hollywood is to make people jump rather than creep them out, so I'll hold out hope, but if it's not the least bit scary I won't be surprised.

I think the key will be making sure all the surreal elements in Silent Hill are good. If they can make me believe the characters are walking into the depths of hell, and living the most screwed up nightmare imaginable, then they'll have done their jobs.

blackchocobo9999
08-14-2005, 02:54 PM
i saw it on a programme once mentioning it, a couple of weeks ago i think. It told you who the actors were but i forgot because i never really play Silent Hill, coz i prefere Resident Evil myself, which they relesed a movie of, which was not like, as horrific as the games, so i hope the movies dont make the same mistake as the Resident Evil movies did with the suspence, but the movies were still very good.

Pure Strife
08-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Silent Hill is already so cinematic you have to wonder why it needs a movie. If this becomes an action movie ala Resident Evil it will simply not be Silent Hill, so let's hope they get someone good behind the cameras as well as infront.

Dreddz
08-14-2005, 05:31 PM
I think God hates me
All my favourite gaming series are getting movies that are going to suck
Resi
Doom
FF ( thats Spirits within, not AC ( although we will have to see about that one )
House Of The Dead ( not one of my favourites, but I liked the second one )
and now SH

Oh, and those directors know its going to be crap, oh they know.....

SomethingBig
08-14-2005, 08:04 PM
From what I've seen, everything's perfect from the scenery down to the characters. It's suppposed to be a twist of SH 2 and Pyramid Head will be in it. Go to IGN and look at the town. All your doubts and fears will be blown away.

Giga Guess
08-15-2005, 02:43 AM
Got a link...?

SomethingBig
08-15-2005, 02:50 AM
IGN. I'd search for it myself, but I just finished my summer paper and I'm too lazy to do anything but type on EoFF.

Giga Guess
08-15-2005, 02:52 AM
I needled around, but couldn't find it....just tons of info on the games.

SomethingBig
08-15-2005, 07:03 AM
Did you try filmforce.ign.com? It's not just a gaming site, y'know.

krissy
08-15-2005, 07:05 AM
seriously, the sets look like a town

Yuffie514
08-16-2005, 03:59 AM
i can't wait for it. i hope it meets its expectations, but who cares. Final Fantasy: TSW, flop or great, i stand by it. at least it's good enough to be a movie. of course, it'll always flop Resident Evil in the subject of horror. i like the scare and if it's good enough for me, then that's all i should care about.

SomethingBig
08-16-2005, 07:12 AM
I never really understood why people hated TSW so much. It wasn't much of a FF, but it was a great movie, nonetheless.

For all you crazy lazies out there:
http://filmforce.ign.com/objects/480/480114.html