PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Metal Gear Solid 4

Erdrick Holmes
08-14-2005, 06:05 AM
Got any predictions for this game that aren't obvious?

Here's one that I thought up.

Snake will die.... I'm serious, the legendary hero, Solid Snake wil be wormfood in this game. How do I predict this will be a good chance of happening? Here's a few.

1. FOXDie was put into Snake's bloodstream at the begining of MGS1, it's a specially designed virus to kill people with specific genetic characteristics. Everybody on Shadow Moses, except for the ones Snake killed, Ocelot, and Maryl were targeted by the FoxDie Snake was carrying to die... including Liquid Snake. Liquid and Snake are clones of Big Boss, making them to have the exact same DNA, Liquid died from FOXDie so that must mean that at some point Snake will keel over from it to.

2. Snake is aging rapidly. Notice how Snake looks alot older in MGS2 than he did in MGS: Twin Snakes. When the project to make clones of Big Boss were starting Big Boss was in his late fifties, so by nature the clones of Big Boss will age quicker to catch up to the age of the host. Snake probably ages twice as fast as a normal person, he probably won't even live to be 60.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-14-2005, 10:15 AM
Everybody on Shadow Moses, except for the ones Snake killed, Ocelot, and Maryl were targeted by the FoxDie Snake was carrying to die... including Liquid Snake.The only people FOXDIE was designed to kill were Solid Snake, Kenneth Baker, Decoy Octopus, Psycho Mantis, Vulcan Raven, Sniper Wolf, and Liquid Snake. (Of course, Snake killed Mantis, Raven, and Wolf before FOXDIE had a chance to.)
Liquid died from FOXDie so that must mean that at some point Snake will keel over from it to.Naomi specifically states at the end of MGS1 that, unlike the other FOXDIE targets, Snake is set to die from FOXDIE at a random time. It could take effect in ten seconds, ten years, or he could live a full life with it never happening.
Snake is aging rapidly.Technically, Snake is experiencing "accelerated aging."
When the project to make clones of Big Boss were starting Big Boss was in his late fiftiesAccording to what Liquid said in MGS2, yes, but Kojima changed that aspect of the plot in MGS3. Officially, Big Boss was cloned during his forties, and Liquid simply had the wrong information. Not that it really changes anything.
Snake probably ages twice as fast as a normal personIt's unknown. The MGS2 script mentions that Snake had only begun to experience accelerated aging prior to the tanker incident. It could be that the accelerated aging occurs in bursts, or it could stop completely after a certain point. The "rules" for Snake's accelerated aging have never been clearly defined.

blackchocobo9999
08-14-2005, 11:21 AM
People are making so many MGS threads. Anyway, i don't think snake will die in MGS4, but i bet a really main character does. Mabye Raiden... anyway, what do you think raiden would have changed his name too? Because at the end of MGS2, he says, ill start off with a new life, and change my name, and he looks at his dogtags and says he dont know any of them. So, i wonder what his name will be...?

Maxico
08-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Yeah, Snake is clearly sporting a moustache in the concept art.
Here (http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1113/highressnakehead2ll.jpg)
I'm guessing it's an attempt to make him look older, as usualy changing a characters apperance for no reason is a bad idea.

Ohhh
08-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Oh yay!! another MGS thread!! i want Snake to be a heartless badass again...
I heard meryl was gonna be in it in some form or another...

Pure Strife
08-14-2005, 04:39 PM
I don't know, with all the surviving and fighting greater odds Snake has done it doesn't really seem in his character to die.

I have no predictions for MGS4 whatsoever, but I am confident Kojima is going to make it another masterpiece.

Dreddz
08-14-2005, 05:25 PM
I think Snake should die in this one.......Brutally.

Cloud No.9
08-14-2005, 06:43 PM
how about this? a re-animate big boss fight bare handed man on man (like most mg's end). but the outcome is uncertain? the biggest cliff hanger.

Drift
08-14-2005, 07:04 PM
raiden SHOULD die. Snake'll go back into retirement training huskies or something. meryl probably die. otacon will become the weirdest fanboy of anime forever.

Erdrick Holmes
08-14-2005, 09:59 PM
I also somehow predict Maryl will be a mother in this game.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Who's the father?

Erdrick Holmes
08-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Well, I couldn't say. It's been 4+ years sence Meryl escaped. Maybe she found a lover or something.

Old Manus
08-14-2005, 10:33 PM
Everybody on Shadow Moses, except for the ones Snake killed, Ocelot, and Maryl were targeted by the FoxDie Snake was carrying to die... including Liquid Snake.The only people FOXDIE was designed to kill were Solid Snake, Kenneth Baker, Decoy Octopus, Psycho Mantis, Vulcan Raven, Sniper Wolf, and Liquid Snake. (Of course, Snake killed Mantis, Raven, and Wolf before FOXDIE had a chance to.)
Liquid died from FOXDie so that must mean that at some point Snake will keel over from it to.Naomi specifically states at the end of MGS1 that, unlike the other FOXDIE targets, Snake is set to die from FOXDIE at a random time. It could take effect in ten seconds, ten years, or he could live a full life with it never happening.
Snake is aging rapidly.Technically, Snake is experiencing "accelerated aging."
When the project to make clones of Big Boss were starting Big Boss was in his late fiftiesAccording to what Liquid said in MGS2, yes, but Kojima changed that aspect of the plot in MGS3. Officially, Big Boss was cloned during his forties, and Liquid simply had the wrong information. Not that it really changes anything.
Snake probably ages twice as fast as a normal personIt's unknown. The MGS2 script mentions that Snake had only begun to experience accelerated aging prior to the tanker incident. It could be that the accelerated aging occurs in bursts, or it could stop completely after a certain point. The "rules" for Snake's accelerated aging have never been clearly defined.

You just completely ruined the spoilers.

Maxico
08-14-2005, 11:02 PM
You just completely ruined the spoilers.

All the games in question are over 3 years old.

Old Manus
08-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Ah, but is this a thread talking about MGS2?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-14-2005, 11:08 PM
It doesn't need to be. Feel free to PM me if you don't understand why.

Cloud No.9
08-15-2005, 12:17 AM
why use raiden again when 99% of people hated him?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-15-2005, 12:21 AM
MGS3 was full of jokes at Raiden's expense. The haters have been given their fan service.

Cloud No.9
08-15-2005, 12:37 AM
ooooh could he go evil like gray fox?

Erdrick Holmes
08-15-2005, 02:12 AM
Umm. You didn't finish MGS1 yet, have you?

Maxico
08-15-2005, 10:45 AM
As I said a while ago. I predict that they are going to pull a Leo with Radien.

That is take a main character that was seen by many as annoying, and turn him into a very cool supporting character.

However, I personaly liked both Raiden and Leo the way they were.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I definitely see that happening, considering the way Raiden looks in the MGS4 concept art and the fact that Kojima's including him in MGS4 at all.

Erdrick Holmes
08-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Pull a Leo?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Leo Steinbuck. Was a wussy main character in Z.O.E., came back as a rockin' supporting character in the sequel.

Cloud No.9
08-15-2005, 06:34 PM
no i know he comes back and is all nice in mgs1.

but for mg2 he was a bit of a nasty man really. raiden could go that way. change sides.

Old Manus
08-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.

Lindy
08-15-2005, 07:49 PM
I predict there will be a nuclear-armed walking tank that may or may not be called Metal Gear, and Snake may or may not be involved with destroying it.

I also predict Snake will get angry and say a line akin to "Tell me how to destroy Metal Gear!!!!111111"

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-15-2005, 07:56 PM
And when he first discovers it, he will grunt "Metal Gear?!" in disbelief, as if it should still come as a surprise that he's run into yet another one of these things.

Erdrick Holmes
08-15-2005, 08:44 PM
I also predict somebody will piss their pants in fear.

Cloud No.9
08-15-2005, 09:10 PM
raiden switching sides would be perfect. everyone hates him so being able to kick the crap out of him would be what many fans want.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Again, we already got to do that (well, close enough) in MGS3.

Old Manus
08-15-2005, 10:16 PM
They should scrap everything brought in MGS2 and bring it back to bare-bones MGS1 style. I'm getting fed up of walking into a room, tranqualising all the guards, and walking on unscathed. This isn't James Bond.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Then simply don't use the tranquilizer guns.

Old Manus
08-15-2005, 10:30 PM
There are guns other than tranquilisers?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-15-2005, 10:37 PM
The only point in any of the games where you're stuck with a tranquilizer gun is at the beginning of MGS2, since it would screw up the story if the first boss battle ended with Olga dead. Other than that, you always have the freedom to choose between tranquilizers and live rounds.

Old Manus
08-15-2005, 10:45 PM
I'll keep that in mind. You're a lifesaver. Ha...lifesaver! Get i - nevermind.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-14-2005, 06:45 PM
The first screenshots are out: http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5534

Looks like the predictions that the game would take place just two or three years after MGS2 were wrong. Considering the sophistication of technology (including slender mini-REXes and Metal Gear Mk.II from Snatcher) and how much everyone seems to have aged (not just Solid "accelerated aging" Snake, but also Otacon), it looks more like a good decade or two after the events of MGS2.

On the other hand, the predictions that the game would take place in urban environments with a wartime setting seem to be accurate. Looks like the Patriots have been exposed and the States have sunk into chaos as a result.

More details, particularly some real-time video footage, will be released at the Tokyo Game Show, which starts in two days.

Maxico
09-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Wow, those are pretty impressive. Although the Snake there seems to be missing an eye. Is that definitely Solid?

Necronopticous
09-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Awesome.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-14-2005, 07:01 PM
It's Solid Snake until proven otherwise, and there's really no reason to think it's anyone else. Liquid is worm food (his body, anyway), Solidus was looking that old back in 2009 (and had his spine severed), and Big Boss lost his right eye, not his left (and was burnt to a crisp).

And we don't know for sure that Solid is actually missing an eye, there. The rad cyberpatch could just be some high-tech sensory device--and a sly reference at the same time.

Maxico
09-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Ah yes, now I look at it it seems more likely that it's used to interface with the little Snatcher esque Metal Gear he has. I would assume that the orange tinted screen would be the view from it.

Cloud No.9
09-16-2005, 01:18 AM
snake actually looks evil now. could he have went the same way as his brothers and father?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-16-2005, 03:58 PM
Trailer (http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1743)'s out.

Edit: High-resolution screenshots, character models, and artwork (http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5548).

The fifth screenshot reveals that the lettering on the rad cyberpatch says "Solid Eye System," which is the same name as the 3D PSP peripheral (http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/english/mga2_03.html) being packaged with Metal Gear Acid 2. And in the trailer, Otacon mentions that Metal Gear Mk.II is equipped with a Cell processor. Gotta love Kojima's references.

Sephex
09-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Looking good.

DK
09-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Snake is a Pensioner. I'm not sure whether I like this or not. He does look gnarly, though.

Edit: Alright, just watched the trailer and it's pretty damn impressive. But the possibilty of Snake dying is more likely it seems. Not only is he old now, but he appears to be ill as well. Possibly the FOXDIE? Maybe that thing he injected was a vaccine of some sorts to keep it under control. Who knows. Looked amazing, though.

Odaisé Gaelach
09-17-2005, 08:37 PM
I predict that Mei Ling will come back, and that she'll be evil.

From the end of MGS2, about the Patriots' list:
"There was a name on it. Snake, it was one of our biggest contributors."

Wiegrahf42
09-18-2005, 04:06 AM
Now THAT was a trailer. Almost makes me want to buy a PS3. Almost. Snake still has his thong I see.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-18-2005, 05:59 PM
A direct feed (http://www.gamesarefun.com/gamesdb/media.php?id=1140) version of the trailer is available now, including around a minute of footage that wasn't in the camcorder version.

Also, most people have deduced from the architecture and background music that the setting is in the Middle East, but now it's been noted that one of the soldiers in the trailer can be heard shouting in Farsi, which is only spoken in Iran and parts of Afghanistan and Iraq.

Swordicanus
09-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Got any predictions for this game that aren't obvious?

Here's one that I thought up.

Snake will die.... I'm serious, the legendary hero, Solid Snake wil be wormfood in this game. How do I predict this will be a good chance of happening? Here's a few.

1. FOXDie was put into Snake's bloodstream at the begining of MGS1, it's a specially designed virus to kill people with specific genetic characteristics. Everybody on Shadow Moses, except for the ones Snake killed, Ocelot, and Maryl were targeted by the FoxDie Snake was carrying to die... including Liquid Snake. Liquid and Snake are clones of Big Boss, making them to have the exact same DNA, Liquid died from FOXDie so that must mean that at some point Snake will keel over from it to.

2. Snake is aging rapidly. Notice how Snake looks alot older in MGS2 than he did in MGS: Twin Snakes. When the project to make clones of Big Boss were starting Big Boss was in his late fifties, so by nature the clones of Big Boss will age quicker to catch up to the age of the host. Snake probably ages twice as fast as a normal person, he probably won't even live to be 60.

I don't think he'll die yes he's old..maybe he'll consider finally leaving it all at the end but you don't find out .......Shinkawa's sketches show a woman in a cloak....I believe this to be Naomi Hunter from MGS1 since she basically invented FoxDie she'll let Snake know what his fate will be.......I still don't think he'll die in Mgs4 though...not yet

P.S surely Ocelot will be killed or die I mean C'mon he's around too long now I feel

Cz
09-20-2005, 07:02 PM
I don't think he'll die yes he's old..maybe he'll consider finally leaving it all at the end but you don't find out .......Shinkawa's sketches show a woman in a cloak....I believe this to be Naomi Hunter from MGS1 since she basically invented FoxDie she'll let Snake know what his fate will be.......I still don't think he'll die in Mgs4 though...not yetWhile it's true that Naomi is set to return in MGS4, it's unlikely that she'll have any more idea than Snake what his fate will be. The incubation period for the FoxDie virus was set to a wildcard value, so she wouldn't have any more idea than Snake when it would take effect.

Old Manus
09-20-2005, 09:48 PM
I think the whole FoxDie thing was a bit of a swizz.

Traitorfish
09-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Tailer? That wasn't a trailer! That was opium for the eyes! That was the coolest thing I have seen since the WoW intro!
A few things puzzle me though:
Why is Snake so old? Was he older than I thought, or is it the effects of that premature aging thing Liquid/Ocelot talked about in MGS2?
And was that an eyepatch, or some sort of hi-tech viewing-thingy? I know he's supposed to look like Big Boss, but he came out of MGS2 with both peepers intact. Still, a lot can happen in ten years... Hell, Raiden may have even reached puberty!

Cz
09-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Why is Snake so old? Was he older than I thought, or is it the effects of that premature aging thing Liquid/Ocelot talked about in MGS2?Yep, it looks like the accelerated ageing has at last kicked in on Snake. If he were ageing at a normal rate, Otacon and co. would be looking much older than they are.

And was that an eyepatch, or some sort of hi-tech viewing-thingy? I know he's supposed to look like Big Boss, but he came out of MGS2 with both peepers intact.The 'patch' is the Solid-Eye System, which is Snake's handy new gadget that seems to act as a scope/thermal goggles. His eye underneath must be working, or else he wouldn't be able to use the system in the first place.

Still, a lot can happen in ten years... Hell, Raiden may have even reached puberty!I don't think that 'X Years after Big Shell' refers to the number ten, but rather an unspecified length of time. Concept art of Raiden, Vamp etc. doesn't show them looking significantly older, and the baby Raiden is holding is almost certainly Rose's, which places this game only a couple of years after the events of MGS2.

Marauder
09-21-2005, 08:23 PM
ok, i'm just.....rambling, but what if it's like MGS-2? Perhaps we play a bit that takes place before the main events, and in that prologue, we catch up with what's happened with Snake, maybe find out what's happened to his eye (presuming that is him) and take it on from there?
And if Raiden does come back, then God help us all. Actually, you never know, they may have upgraded him! Well, stirctly speaking, if things went well, wouldn't his kid be born too?

Yes, yes, i'm going now......

Big D
09-21-2005, 10:33 PM
There was an interview with Hideo Kojima in the Australian PS2 magazine a couple of months ago... he revealed a few major differences which'll set MGS4 apart from the other titles. In the earlier games, there's usually been a clear-cut A versus B fight going on. Naked Snake versus Volgin and the Cobras, Solid Snake versus FoxHound, Raiden versus Dead Cell. Sure there are the background conspiracies and the pervasive influence of the Philosophers/Patriots, but the actual fight has been pretty clear-cut... however, according to Kojima, there's be up to five different competing parties involved in MGS4 - so potentially, an A versus B versus C versus D versus E. It'll be interesting to find out who all these factions are... and whether all the 'heroes' from the previous games are on the same side.

I hope Snake winds up keeping the beard he's got in the MGS4 concept art. The moustache just isn't as cool, somehow. Not that I'm biased toward beards or anything:cool:

Emmerich doesn't look much older; the presence of Raiden's child is also evidence that the game takes place less than a couple of years after MGS2. That'd place it in... 2010? That'd make Snake 38. Being cloned from a man in his 40s, it's understandable that he'd look as old as he does. Even in MGS1, it was noted that he "hasn't aged well".

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Even in MGS1, it was noted that he "hasn't aged well".When?

Big D
09-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally pointed out by Gray Fox:
You look terrible, Snake. You haven't aged well.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-21-2005, 11:02 PM
As if Fox had any room to talk. What a jerk.

Masamuneˇ1600
09-24-2005, 03:24 AM
I predict that Mei Ling will come back, and that she'll be evil.

From the end of MGS2, about the Patriots' list:
"There was a name on it. Snake, it was one of our biggest contributors."

I had always interpreted that comment merely to refer to a financial contributor to Philanthropy. There's really nothing in that remark that suggests Mei Ling will make any sort of significant appearance. It really just attests to the overall influence of the Patriots.

In any case, it should be interesting to see where Kojima's taking this. As much as MGS3 resolved in terms of the story, there's quite a bit to explore here.

And when he first discovers it, he will grunt "Metal Gear?!" in disbelief, as if it should still come as a surprise that he's run into yet another one of these things.

Oh God, I hope so.

Swordicanus
09-29-2005, 07:22 PM
I've a feeling it might end leaving the player "thinking" Snake is dead I've a weird feeling

Psychotic
09-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Snake will be captured, lose his shirt, and be tortured. He will then be guarded by Johnny or some distant relative of his, and then escape.

Swordicanus
09-29-2005, 11:37 PM
At the end he'll learn a big emotional lesson about life lol