PDA

View Full Version : The Lion, The Witch, and the wait a minute...

Tidus5
08-14-2005, 08:27 AM
So I was watching TV today and I thought mine eyes had decieved me, but I saw a preview for the Chronicles of Narnia. They are actually making a movie about it, and from the look of the preview it looks like its going to be good.

Man, I can still remember watching the old animated movie on tv back in the day. For that matter, I can still remember watching the old Hobbit and Lord of the Rings animated movies too. I feel old. :mad:

Anyway, any thoughts on this movie or fans of the books?

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808475642

Shlup
08-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Pfft, this is old news. You're so uncool.

(I'm teasing.)

It looks cool, yes. I liked reading the book in sixth grade, so it'll bring back a feeling of good times.

Tidus5
08-14-2005, 08:37 AM
me ---> :twak: <--- Shlupquack :D

LW&W = :thumb:

Rye
08-14-2005, 01:40 PM
I read the books a bit when I was younger, so I'll go see it. Plus, Amy Lee is doing the first score for the song, I think, or at least one of the songs in the movie, so that's something I must see.

Rusty
08-14-2005, 01:53 PM
I love the Chronicles of Narnia - so I am very excited to hear that a movie is being made. I can't wait - but it won't be in Australia till 2006, so I have a long wait yet.

Mirage
08-14-2005, 03:44 PM
I remember the TV series. I liked it.

krissy
08-14-2005, 06:18 PM
yea im excited

Dreddz
08-14-2005, 06:26 PM
I have yet to see any sort of preview of it, but I have a 2 video set of the BBC version of it...so Im there...

Medi
08-14-2005, 11:35 PM
I have loved the Narnia books for a long time. I'm so excited to see them in theaters :D!!!

TheAbominatrix
08-14-2005, 11:59 PM
I've been drooling over this film for 6 months. I'm so so excited, the trailer they showed in the theatres gave me chills. The Chronicles of Narnia have been my favorites for so long, and I'm so happy to finally see a serious production made of them. The cartoons were pretty bad, and the BBC versions were very cheesy.

The studio is taking this project very very seriously, so it should turn out to be wonderful.

Tidus5
08-15-2005, 12:04 AM
I heard they were actually making all of the weapons and such from real swordsmiths.

TheAbominatrix
08-15-2005, 12:08 AM
http://www.narniaweb.com/ This is my source of info, you can look there for verification. I hadnt heard that myself, but Weta Workshop is handling all of the crafting, so it's possible.

Tigmafuzz
08-15-2005, 12:45 AM
In the commercial they said 'The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe' was the first in the series...

Wrong!

It was 'The Magicians Nephew' first!

Idiots!

TheAbominatrix
08-15-2005, 12:48 AM
In the commercial they said 'The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe' was the first in the series...

Wrong!

It was 'The Magicians Nephew' first!

Idiots!

You may want to check your facts before you go calling people idiots.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was written first. However, in later years they decided to switch the order of boxed sets and such to be chronological, hence The Magician's Nephew became first. Check the dates on the book, LWW was written first and always meant to be first.

Original Order:
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Prince Caspian
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Magician's Nephew
The Horse and His Boy
The Last Battle

(I may have switched around MN and HHB, because I always get the order on those two confused).

The Chronological Order:
The Magician's Nephew
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
The Horse and His Boy
Prince Caspian
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle

kikimm
08-15-2005, 02:25 AM
Yeah, that's how it was. I liked having The Magician's Newphew first.

I still didn't like the books, though, so I'm not really excited for this movie. But everyone else in my family peed their pants during the trailer, so I know I'll end up getting dragged to see it. It does look like it's well-made, so I'll probably like it.

:D