PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon Network?

ShunNakamura
08-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Hey.. anyone know the history of this(or maybe I am thinking toonami).

Anyways a Hazy memory of mine is of a channel that on a short timeblock(2-3 hours) would show some "cartoons". Anyways this is a LONG time ago...

but the shows I recall are G-Force.. I know I loved this. I think it also showed Speed racer.. actually I am sure of it now that I think about it. My parents and I would watch it. There were perhaps a few others but I don't recall them. All I do really know is that in my mind it is linked with Cartoon Network/Toonami.

Good grief.... that was A LONG time ago... this was before the shows like Thunder Cats, Voltron, etc.....

Man... I wish I could remember this more clearly... I do recall it was just a small block.. and I seem to recall that the block was THE cartoon block... uggghh.... I just can't remember.

[edit] Btw.. I did do a net search.. and didn't really find what I was looking for. All I saw was bunch of places that said or implyed that Cartoon network/toonami was always a channel of it's own.. yet my memory says/hints differently.... gah.. this WILL bother me for a while..

theundeadhero
08-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Cartoon network first came out on it's own channel around 10 years ago and all it played was the old cartoons. Much like the Boomerang channel now.

Rye
08-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah, you can get all those old shows if you pay for Boomerang, I think.

nightmare666
08-15-2005, 06:50 PM
when i rember cartoon network i rember getting up super early to watch boomerang. the block lasted at least 4 hours long. i do rember a toonami, but all o rember is gundam and DBZ really.

Del Murder
08-16-2005, 02:53 AM
Cartoon Network rocks.

Spammerman
08-16-2005, 02:55 AM

Anyways a Hazy memory of mine is of a channel that on a short timeblock(2-3 hours) would show some "cartoons". Anyways this is a LONG time ago...

but the shows I recall are G-Force.. I know I loved this. I think it also showed Speed racer.. actually I am sure of it now that I think about it. My parents and I would watch it. There were perhaps a few others but I don't recall them. All I do really know is that in my mind it is linked with Cartoon Network/Toonami.

Good grief.... that was A LONG time ago... this was before the shows like Thunder Cats, Voltron, etc.....

Man... I wish I could remember this more clearly... I do recall it was just a small block.. and I seem to recall that the block was THE cartoon block... uggghh.... I just can't remember.

[edit] Btw.. I did do a net search.. and didn't really find what I was looking for. All I saw was bunch of places that said or implyed that Cartoon network/toonami was always a channel of it's own.. yet my memory says/hints differently.... gah.. this WILL bother me for a while..
The thunder cats rocked.

TheAbominatrix
08-16-2005, 03:01 AM

G-Force was only part of Toonami for a very brief time, but you're right, it was Toonami. It was back when Moltar was the host of the block, and it was many many years ago, on Cartoon Network. G-Force and Speed Racer (I'm pretty sure the latter wasnt ever on Toonami, not sure though) were on the network long before Toonami was around.

By the way, if you're interested in G-Force, the DVDs are available... but it's sort of complicated. G-Force was originally an anime called Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman, which was cut up and dubbed in America in the 70's as Battle of the Planets. Then the rights were taken again, and it was dubbed as G-Force: Guardians of Space. Then they took the next two seasons of Gatchaman (Gatchaman II and Gatchaman F) and dubbed it as a show called Eagle Riders.

The DVDs are available as Battle of the Planets, they have G-Force epiosdes as well, but that set was discontinued and they're working on a Gatchaman DVD set now. There are also mildly good comics under the Battle of the Planets names (including crossover issues with Thundercats and Witchblade).

I'm so obsessed with that show xD

filipina
08-16-2005, 01:35 PM
cartoon network,toonami?!!! animax?!!!! :rolleyes2

theundeadhero
08-16-2005, 04:22 PM
I miss space ghost :cry:

lordblazer
08-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Yeah Toonami changed so they could create more of a flashthing to attract more kids to watch it.lol....That robot thingy majigger.

Aphelion
08-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Oh, Space Ghost (brings back memories)...What was his enemy's name? Zorak, was it? He was SO cool... :D

lordblazer
08-16-2005, 05:07 PM
Zorak,Brak,Mortar lol. man lol space ghost owned so did all the old Space Ghost coast to coast eps.

auronfan1
08-17-2005, 07:43 AM
adult swim play alot of anime back in the days but before that toonami came on before it at 9:00 ended at 11:00 then adult swim came on played like cowboy bebop and trigun that was like 4 years ago tho

Max
08-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Zorak,Brak,Mortar lol. man lol space ghost owned so did all the old Space Ghost coast to coast eps.
heh moltar not morter