PDA

View Full Version : Shall I bother getting Quina?

Beclem
08-14-2005, 06:59 PM
I'm re-playing FFIX again and just left Lindblum.. I'm contemplating whether to get Quina or not, because although she's extra help, I find the character quite bland, and it's extra work levelling it up.

What do you think is best?

Polyonymous
08-14-2005, 07:01 PM
I would get quinna, s/he might not be the best with physical damage because it's random, but his/her blue magic is worth it I think. And besides, if you don't get quinna, you can't get lvl. 5 death which will help out tons when you want to level your characters.

Master Quan
08-14-2005, 07:35 PM
You have to get him/her anyway.

So I'd wait until later so s/he'll be a higher level when you recieve her/him.

Del Murder
08-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Never miss an opportunity to get Quina!

Beclem
08-14-2005, 11:52 PM

I was under the impression that characters that you pick up along the way are at the same level as the rest of your team. For example, everyone was at Level 15 when I entered Lindblum and when I picked up Freya, she was at Level 15.

eestlinc
08-15-2005, 02:58 AM
Quina is awesome.

tan
08-15-2005, 05:32 AM
she's good, but not my best (IMO). I saved room for that fox chick (sorry can't remember her name) so I would have an extra white mage around the second time I played it. But yeah, she was good the first time around.

btw, I always thought quina was a she. not to be off subject, what gender did you think he/she was?

eestlinc
08-15-2005, 05:45 AM
Eiko is the fox chick. :moose:

we have a Quina gender thread already (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=67950)

Quina
08-15-2005, 05:54 AM
The first topic in this post makes me sad. :(

Master Quan
08-15-2005, 11:02 AM

I was under the impression that characters that you pick up along the way are at the same level as the rest of your team. For example, everyone was at Level 15 when I entered Lindblum and when I picked up Freya, she was at Level 15.

Uh huh. Which is why I made the comment in the first place.

You arrive at Quina's home again later in the game when your characters are level 30, not 15, and when you recieve Quina, s/he'll be level 30.

Ultima Shadow
08-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Don't you mean "The first post in this topic makes me sad?"

Anyways... Quina is by far the most powerful character in the game. Yes, I'm serious... THE most powerful! Quina's stats are high, compared to the other magic-users and he/she has the most powerful move setup in the entire game... which includes the most powerful protective spell in the game (Mighty Guard), 2 attacks that can do 9999 dammage on any foe (Limit Globe and Frog Drop), the most powerful "bad status move" in the game (Bad Breath), the most powerful "bad status recovery move" in the game (Angel's Snack), a move that kills one of the most powerful monsters in the game, Grand Dragons, in 1 singel hit at any level (level5 Death), a very powerful curative move that effects your whole party (White Wind) and finally... Quina has the all powerful and superior move known as Auto-Life.

On top of all this, Quina is by far the funniest character in the game. :greenie:

boys from the dwarf
08-15-2005, 11:27 AM
miss an opportunity to get Quina!
:cool:

Slade
08-15-2005, 11:32 AM
You have to get him anyway. Plus you need all the help you can get when fighting that bloody Gizamaluke.....damn thing

Ultima Shadow
08-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Plus you need all the help you can get when fighting that bloody Gizamaluke.....damn thing
Which can, infact, be killed in 1 hit by Quina at level 1. :cool:

TurkSlayer
08-15-2005, 01:02 PM
Never miss an opportunity to get Quina!

Chris
08-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Sure, Quina is one of the strongest characters in FFIX, that is if you max out her Blue Magic list.

Beclem
08-15-2005, 05:40 PM

Aw, I'm sorry.

I'll pick her up just for you then. ;)

boys from the dwarf
08-15-2005, 06:19 PM
you end of with it anyway but you can miss it out the first time but it is best to get it anyway for the frog catching prizes.i kinda like quina personality and it is quite funny but i think its my 2nd least favourite character.

DaKeRMySteRrr
08-15-2005, 06:22 PM
You have to get him anyway. Plus you need all the help you can get when fighting that bloody Gizamaluke.....damn thing

Not particularly. Though you would think so, since it is only Zidane and Quina. You really only need auto-float on Zidane and then it doesn' matter if you have Quina or not. I know that when I fought him, Quina died automatically and I just left 'it' dead and fought with Zidane alone. And I won, so you really don't need Quina for anything.

Aidan
08-15-2005, 09:30 PM
you get him whether you like it or not.

boys from the dwarf
08-16-2005, 05:45 PM

Not particularly. Though you would think so, since it is only Zidane and Quina. You really only need auto-float on Zidane and then it doesn' matter if you have Quina or not. I know that when I fought him, Quina died automatically and I just left 'it' dead and fought with Zidane alone. And I won, so you really don't need Quina for anything.
wrong boss thats all the way on disk 3 and hes called the earth gaurdian not gizalamuke. you got them mixed up :tongue: .but the gizalamuke battle can be won easily without quina and you can kill him in one shot at level one with quina but no one would bother to do that because itd take ages(as well as make most of the game easy if your that strong.)

crashNUMBERS
08-19-2005, 05:09 AM
I'm re-playing FFIX again and just left Lindblum.. I'm contemplating whether to get Quina or not, because although she's extra help, I find the character quite bland, and it's extra work levelling it up.

What do you think is best?
Is it even an option??

SoftReset
08-19-2005, 05:24 AM
Its an option until the storyline forces you in Disc 2, since you need Quina to find the excavation site to reach the Outer Continent.

Lushs
08-19-2005, 06:09 AM
I liked Quina's one move, i forget what it's called havent played in a while, but s/he reduces the enemys HP to 1, and then i can finish them off easy...

I say... take him/her, but i would take Quina later on, when you have to leave the continent... because, s/he'll be stronger...

Mihhailovitš
08-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Get Quina he is the best character ever, much better than Kuja the flaming homosexual or peach Zidane.

Christmas
03-29-2022, 03:27 AM
Plz uninstall or throw your console disc to the bin if you dun get Quina. Quina is the sole reason why I enjoyed the game. The tongue makes everyone wet! :bigsmile: