PDA

View Full Version : FFVII for PC

SublimeStar007
08-14-2005, 07:01 PM
don't know if you guys answer technical questions or not, and this probably isn't the right place to ask questions but if you guys could just answer my question w/o being like hey this isn't the right place blah blah..anyways...i loaded my FFVII on my PC, and i have a 128mb VC and 1GB of RAM and all that good stuff so i'm more than capable of running the game, and I dl'd the XP Patch as well but when I start the game it starts normally and when I click "New Game" the Intro doesn't start, its just a black screen, so if you guys have any suggestions on how I can fix that and what not that would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Shoden
08-14-2005, 07:15 PM
don't you have to download the FMV's seperatly?

Erdrick Holmes
08-14-2005, 10:00 PM
I think one of the video card patches on the EoFF frontsite can help you.

Dreddz
08-14-2005, 10:22 PM
check the disc for any scratches/ dirt /fingerprints, if it still mucks up
.................dont look at me

AtomicFeline
08-15-2005, 03:00 AM
Tell me, can you still bring up the Menu? Also, did any FMVs for the start of the game play (ie. The squaresoft and eidos symbols).

If so, you will definatly need at least one of two patches. The first one can be found here (http://ftp.eidos.co.uk/pub/uk/final_fantasy_7/patches/ff7betap1.exe). That one is for a known problem with Upside-Down videos, but this patch also fixes no-video bugs. If that doesn't finish it, then contact me for the TM20 codec patch at One.FelineREMOVETHISCAKE@gmail.com

eestlinc
08-15-2005, 03:10 AM
yea, you probably need a patch for the FMVs. They're very screwy on the PC version.

SublimeStar007
08-15-2005, 05:50 AM
i ended up installing it and uninstalling like 3 different times and i finally got it to work!!! so its all good now, thanks for the help guys!!

G SpOtZ
08-15-2005, 06:42 AM
i like ur avatar and sig.

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-15-2005, 02:50 PM
If you have loads of free space you might as well search the net for a tutorial so that you can run the FMVs from the hard disk rather than the CD (it makes gameplay a lot smoother and no annoying waiting for the disk to load).

But you'll need the patch, aforementioned before you do that. Get it here or at the edios FFVII site.