PDA

View Full Version : Quina?

Polyonymous
08-14-2005, 07:23 PM
What do you think, is Quina a guy or a girl? I see Quina as being a girl, even though I think he/she acts more like a guy.

Master Quan
08-14-2005, 07:54 PM
This has been proved. Many a time.

HE is a BOY, use the "Protect Girls" method.

Dreddz
08-14-2005, 07:57 PM
I always liked thinking it was a girl....

Polyonymous
08-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Whodov thunk he was a boy. Alrighty then...

SoftReset
08-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Quina's sex is undetermined. The Protect Girls argument doesn't fly with me at all. I stand by the theory that Quina can grow whatever genitals are needed for mating purposes should the need arise.

...but, I've always thought of Quina as a girl. Dunno why.

ScottNUMBERS
08-14-2005, 09:38 PM

That just prooves that quina is not a girl, Its doesn't mean to say Quina is a boy because she/he isn't protected. Quina is an 'it' in my eyes. :cool:

Master Quan
08-14-2005, 09:41 PM
If so, then the purpose of the poll has just been defeated.

If not a girl, then what? An it? That's not on the options. So we must be content in knowing at the very least, "it" isn't a girl.

SoftReset
08-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Quina is a hermaphrodite.

Good night and thanks to all who participated.

*Closes the topic*

Kawaii Ryûkishi
08-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Officially, Quina's gender is unknown. There's no hidden answer; that is the answer.

This thread is still valid as far as it poses the question of what you think of Quina as being.

Del Murder
08-14-2005, 11:05 PM
I think neither.

Ashley Schovitz
08-15-2005, 12:17 AM
Quina is of course a girl, how many men you know are named Quina, but in the game when someone mentions Quina in the third person it has he/she. But I have an aunt named Quina.

Masamune·1600
08-15-2005, 01:49 AM

Except that Quina can equip Lamia's Tiara, a female-exclusive Add-On. These examples really only serve to make the argument even more ambiguous.

There's no hidden answer; that is the answer.

Quina's gender is the same as Gogo's. ;)

FiragaBreak
08-15-2005, 01:52 AM
Quina's gender should not be questioned. Whatever it is, it's its own person.

eestlinc
08-15-2005, 02:59 AM
I think neither.
and Del is the expert on Quina.

abrojtm
08-15-2005, 05:02 AM
Am I remembering incorrectly, or can't Qunia also equip Ribbon/Barrette/Perfume items even though s/he is immune to "Protect Girls"?

G SpOtZ
08-15-2005, 06:04 AM
quinas not real. s/he's not even a character. it's all in your heads because of what you drank this morning.

Polyonymous
08-15-2005, 06:26 AM
quinas not real. s/he's not even a character. it's all in your heads because of what you drank this morning.

Orange juice?

G SpOtZ
08-15-2005, 06:36 AM

Orange juice?
exactly. i drugged ur orange juice.

Quina
08-15-2005, 06:51 AM
Wouldn't all of you like to know!

Master Quan
08-15-2005, 11:03 AM

Except that Quina can equip Lamia's Tiara, a female-exclusive Add-On. These examples really only serve to make the argument even more ambiguous.

We can at least also remain happy knowing that Quina is a transvestite.

Slade
08-15-2005, 11:36 AM
I cant beleive so many people think hes a girl. I (obviously) think hes a guy. Plus there are some parts in the game where theyve forgotten to put he/she in the dialogue and it has 'he' or 'him' or whatever. This to me, shows that the makers saw him as a guy aswell. Besides, he looks a bit too goofy to be a girl.......i just cant see it.

On another not there seems to be a tradition of three female playable characters (dunno bout the early early games but from
IV: Rosa, Rydia, Polom
V: Faris, Lenna, Cara
VI: Terra,Celes, Relm
VII: Tifa, Aeris, Yuffie
VIII: Rinoa, Quistis, Selphie
IX: Garnet, Freya, Eiko
X: Yuna, Rikku, Lulu
X-2: Duh
Even XII: Panelo, Ashe and Fran
So if this is the trend...........Quina's a guy :D )

ZuZu
08-15-2005, 11:40 AM
if Quina is he, then he is gay

boys from the dwarf
08-15-2005, 11:42 AM
i think its a thing and just because it can use protect girls doesnt make it a guy.

Aidan
08-15-2005, 11:49 AM
but in the game when someone mentions Quina in the third person it has he/she.

no. it has a s/he. hope i cleared up the mishap.

Chris
08-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Quina is androgynous.

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Plus there are some parts in the game where theyve forgotten to put he/she in the dialogue and it has 'he' or 'him' or whatever.Even if it did say that everyone should know that if you do not know the sex of someone you refer to them in using male terms such as he/him. However they probably did not do this because the creators thought that children would not know this. So through language technicalities Quina is a he/him but in the game he has no specified gender. Why does he need to be a gender, it is a fantasy character.
Just like we could poses questions like: is Zidane a monkey or a man; is Freya a rat or a goose; and what the hell is with that Aramant anyway?

Polyonymous
08-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Your right, Quina doesn't need to be any gender, but normally you would think of him/her as being a boy or girl throughout the game, so I was wondering what everybody thought s/he was throughout the game.

Aidan
08-15-2005, 09:28 PM
its obviously neither. its like an earthworm. neither sex, yet still capable of reproduction.

Master Quan
08-15-2005, 11:02 PM
An Earthworn has both sexual organs, so it's both. Not neither.

Aidan
08-16-2005, 01:44 AM
whatever, there was something that had neither, but is still capable of reproduction.

hell, for all we know, he a-sexually reproduces. who really cares? lol. you people and your must-have-game-info.

auronfan1
08-16-2005, 10:46 AM
its a monster lol

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Plus there are some parts in the game where theyve forgotten to put he/she in the dialogue and it has 'he' or 'him' or whatever.Even if it did say that everyone should know that if you do not know the sex of someone you refer to them in using male terms such as he/him. However they probably did not do this because the creators thought that children would not know this. So through language technicalities Quina is a he/him but in the game he has no specified gender. Why does he need to be a gender, it is a fantasy character.
Just like we could poses questions like: is Zidane a monkey or a man; is Freya a rat or a goose; and what the hell is with that Aramant anyway?
i dunno what amarant is either. sweet looking red dreads tho. XD
but no posture :mad2:

Karl
08-16-2005, 09:51 PM

protect girls doesnt ALWAYS work, its basically random, u could have it on from disk one to necron and have it never work on garnet eiko and freya, doesnt prove anything, i however did vote guy cuz quale says take HIM throughout the world or w/e but that still doesnt neccesarily prove anything, kinda like the vivi at the end thread, no 1 can be 100% positive on this, it wa meant to be unknown

ScottNUMBERS
08-16-2005, 10:18 PM
If so, then the purpose of the poll has just been defeated.

If not a girl, then what? An it? That's not on the options. So we must be content in knowing at the very least, "it" isn't a girl.

I pressume you aimed this at me. Who said i was concluding the whole thread anyway? My opinion doesn't defeat the purpose of the poll at all. 'It' = neither male nor female, just to clear things up for you. :cool:

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 10:27 PM
i thought "IT" just meant undecided or unknown.

Mercen-X
08-16-2005, 11:17 PM
Quina is of course a girl, how many men you know are named Quina, but in the game when someone mentions Quina in the third person it has he/she. But I have an aunt named Quina.
In X-2, Wakka names his son Vidina.

Quina = throughout the game, I figured him more guyly. It's got basically no feminine quality.

It has Protect Girls, but can wear girl-specific stuff. It's an "it." It, it, it.

Valacion
08-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Umm, on disc 2 you have to go though a cereimony to pass that dwarf Codie place, and its a marrage so vivi and Quina can acctually get married, doesn't that make her female? I don't think vivi is gay

Master Quan
08-27-2005, 11:34 PM

protect girls doesnt ALWAYS work, its basically random, u could have it on from disk one to necron and have it never work on garnet eiko and freya, doesnt prove anything, i however did vote guy cuz quale says take HIM throughout the world or w/e but that still doesnt neccesarily prove anything, kinda like the vivi at the end thread, no 1 can be 100% positive on this, it wa meant to be unknown

What?

Yes, it does. All the time.

marc
08-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Although they refer to quina as he/she instead of sayin him/her or his/hers it jus says him or his, surely that makes him male, and vivi can't have any sexuality, imagine what his penis must be like.

Master Quan
08-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Although they refer to quina as he/she instead of sayin him/her or his/hers it jus says him or his, surely that makes him male, and vivi can't have any sexuality, imagine what his penis must be like.

Do you think before you type?

G SpOtZ
08-29-2005, 12:28 AM

Do you think before you type?
i know i don't.

FluroChoco
08-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Vivi possesses sexuality. At Summoners villiage (memory blank) Zidane talks to him about what male friends do together. Then they go for a pee under the stars *tinkle tinkle*

Therefore-Male

Master Quan
08-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Unless Vivi's using a funnel.

ThroneofDravaris
08-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Well, looks like the only way to settle this is to find some Quina Hentai!

EDIT: http://images.google.com.au/images?q=Quina%20hentai&hl=en&hs=N44&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official_s&sa=N&tab=wi

Damn it!

Mr.Cal
08-30-2005, 09:09 AM
Hahaha! Blank search,huh?

And, um, Vidina? I know it means something in Al Bhed, but it also sounds like Vivi and Quina's names combined. I'm sure everybody noticed that anyway, but could that be a reference back to FFIX? Vivi and Quina…get busy? That might mean that Vivi's sons at the end are Quina's too!

Maybe Quina is female, or maybe Vivi is like a male seahorse that can be impregnated, I don't know. But at Conde Petie, during their marriage on the kirkboat...

Quina: I...s-so happy...
Vivi:M-me too...

Perhaps Quina is a fella and Vivi does indeed…possess sexuality.
Who says gay marriages are illegal in Gaia? Huh?

marc
08-30-2005, 12:56 PM
Gay marriages in Gaia, are the only marriages in Gaia.

KoShiatar
08-30-2005, 01:39 PM
I truly believe the Qu tribe have no gender...