PDA

View Full Version : I gave my 10 YO a miniskirt and a tubetop. You?

SomethingBig
08-14-2005, 07:57 PM
Naw, I don't have a daughter. But as soon as my future daughter turns 6, you can be sure that I'm buying her a tube-top and a micro-mini-skirt. Man, all of her little 6 year old guy friends'll be like:
Six face bo-deezle: Daaaaamn, that's one fine piece of meat, right there. Strut yo sweet thang on ova and lemme tap you!
Shawnreese: Dayum, bro, I is already hittin' it!
Six face: DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

So yeah, I've been seeing an increased amount of little girls with incredibly skanky clothing, lately, from the mall, Blockbuster, and even in church. Speaking of the mall, there's this one store that hires little 8 year olds to wear silver tub-tops and mini-skirts while singing and dancing in the front of it.

For chrissakes, they're still kids. We're not talking about teenagers. We're talking about pre-teens. 8-12 year olds. What kind of parent would allow their children to parade around in skanky clothing? Who are they going to impress? The tricycle gang? Snoop puppy?

Obviously, I'm being sarcastic. My daughter's gonna be walkin' 'round, struttin' her thang in a super-micro-mini-skirt at the age of 6.

Dignified Pauper
08-14-2005, 07:59 PM
This thread is too serious for GE, but just not serious enough for EoEO

However... I agree. Parents are making their kids hoochier and hoochier every year. Why, my little cousin is allowed to wear makeup, and she's 9. Now, that's not bad, except, they buy her tons, and she CAKES it on, along with her suggestive clothing. I don't mind showing skin, but please respect yourself and your children.

Rye
08-14-2005, 08:02 PM
I totally agree. I see girls walking around in mini-skirts and boots already. It's frightening and I feel bad for even looking at the kid. :(

And kids wear make up much too early. I only was allowed to wear make up when I started high school. That's a bit strict, but 13 years old (I was 14 when I was allowed) is fine to me. But I don't cake it on. I wear eyeliner and a bit of mascara, that's it. Too much make up is disgusting.

SomethingBig
08-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Oh God, don't get me started on make up. I've seen some horrible things.

Leeza
08-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Blame this on the parents. I have no idea what some of them are thinking.

Rye
08-14-2005, 08:15 PM

http://badgas.co.uk/moments/moment_019.jpg

Denmark
08-14-2005, 08:18 PM
I bet there are people who like it

like Meat Puppet or something like that. but I don't know his fantasies. :smash:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-14-2005, 08:21 PM
I can certainly say that I don't get anything from it. I mean a big part of the whole allure of little girls is their innocence, and their clothing is something that reflects that.

rubah
08-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Dont' blame the parents, blame the designers that are selling them the clothing.

I know that throughout middle school, we had incrediable trouble with our dress code and wearing shorts.

PLACE DID NOT SELL SHORTS THAT WENT TO SIX INCHES OVER THE KNEE.

I imagine it's worse now.

Although a good many of us just gave up wearing shorts and wore jeans all the time, or just wore boyshorts.

Rye
08-14-2005, 08:23 PM
I blame the designers and the parents, because a lot of the kids are like, 6, and parents dress kids then. 6 year olds will wear whatever you put on them as long as it's not scratchy and uncomfortable. The parents don't have the buy the slutwear.

I'm reminded of that Foamy episode. xD

SomethingBig
08-14-2005, 08:35 PM
I agree. Both the parents and the designers are to blame. Parents shouldn't condone this type of clothing and by buying them, they are supporting the companies that create them. And the designers are to blame because they shouldn't be making them in the first place.

Del Murder
08-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Haha, Snoop Puppy.

Shoeberto
08-14-2005, 08:42 PM
My friend's sister is just like that. She's like...9 and wears all kinds of slutty clothes and makeup. It's sad.

Kamiko
08-14-2005, 08:54 PM
It's getting worse too.
When I was a kid, I wasn't allowed to wear bikinis until I was like, well, this year!
But now, even TODDLERS are wearing skimpy things.
And we wonder why we have child molesters.
GOSH.

Tama2
08-14-2005, 08:59 PM
I'll have to go with parents. If they did buy and allow the kids to wear it then there wouldn't be a prob really.

rubah
08-14-2005, 09:30 PM
I'll have to go with parents. If they did buy and allow the kids to wear it then there wouldn't be a prob really.
Well then either someone's going to have to learn to sew, or we're going to have a lot of kids running around nakie.

Silmaril
08-14-2005, 09:37 PM
I think girls in general are being impressed upon that it is of utmost importance that they show skin and look skanky no matter what age they are.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Yes, I cannot walk down the street anymore without seeing at least five grandmothers strutting around in flowery tube tops.

Kamiko
08-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Your poor eyes!!

Miriel
08-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Eh. I think it's silly to blame the designers. I've gone shopping with my 5 and 8 year old cousins, and it's perfectly easy to fine suitable clothes for them. Just cause the designers are making clothes that are too revealing doesn't mean you have to buy them.

Dreddz
08-14-2005, 10:16 PM
If I ever had a kid, I'd make sure shes in fashion, if that type of stuff is "In" then yes she can have one. I want my girl to be happy....and popular. And popularity is everything as a Kid......

Seymour_Guado_Goth
08-14-2005, 10:20 PM
I wear makeup but with a Gothic style ya'know Black finger nail polish , black lipstick et cetera

Tama2
08-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Well then either someone's going to have to learn to sew, or we're going to have a lot of kids running around nakie.

????????????? idk what you are talkin about.

ZeZipster
08-14-2005, 10:25 PM
I hope I never have a daughter. I hope I never have any offspring, actually.

Old Manus
08-14-2005, 10:26 PM
No, It's just Kylie Minogue, stupid.

Dreddz
08-14-2005, 10:27 PM
ya, I actually dont want to have children.........its very hard finding a partner that has the same views which is a large drag..

Seymour_Guado_Goth
08-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Er... any reason?

Dreddz
08-14-2005, 10:42 PM
Maybe he just doesnt want to.....I dont due to how expensive they are...

Old Manus
08-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Yeah, you should see them on eBay.

SomethingBig
08-15-2005, 12:24 AM
If I ever had a kid, I'd make sure shes in fashion, if that type of stuff is "In" then yes she can have one. I want my girl to be happy....and popular. And popularity is everything as a Kid......
So if popularity meant dressing your daughter in micro-mini-skirts and having sleepovers at boys' home without parents around, you'd be completely fine with it? Why, if you didn't, she'd be the laughing stalk of the whole school! Screw her innocence! This is popularity we're talking about here! You can't be happy without popularity! Damn those 8 year olds and their in-crowds. :mad2:

Seymour_Guado_Goth
08-15-2005, 12:39 AM
:mad2: Hey it's not about that it's about love man! I am sickened by that. Babies do cost but what is so bad about it? Everyone was a baby and imagined if you found out your mom/dad said that beforeyou were born? It would make you feel terrible :(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-15-2005, 12:46 AM
So, regardless of whether they'd be able to financially support a family, everyone who wants to have kids should do so. Sounds great.

Seymour_Guado_Goth
08-15-2005, 12:53 AM
So, regardless of whether they'd be able to financially support a family, everyone who wants to have kids should do so. Sounds great.
Who says he's in a financial problem? If that's the case I understand :tongue:

black orb
08-15-2005, 12:55 AM
>>> My 8 years old cousin use that kind of skimpy clothes, no one in the family has complained about it..

Jebus
08-15-2005, 12:57 AM
>>> My 8 year cousin use that kind of skimpy clothes, no one in the family has complained about it..

Yeah. Same here.

Wearing tube tops and short shorts. She looks like trailer trash.

I comment on it all the time, but *I'm* the one that gets yelled at. "She can wear whatever she wants."

Ugh.

black orb
08-15-2005, 01:03 AM
>>> I really dont care what she wears anyways, its her parents duty to decide what is good or not for her. Not me.

ZeZipster
08-15-2005, 01:07 AM
Er... any reason?

I just don't. I wouldn't have the patience. My sister leads a horrible life, and I see my mother is in a lot of pain because of her, I could never go through that. As just her brother I feel guilty she chose the path she did, let alone the one who raised her? No. I couldn't take that kind of responsibility.

SomethingBig
08-15-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm just scared of having a daughter that wants a new outfit every 2 weeks. There are girls in my school that talk about having 10 pairs of unworn shoes. If I have a daughter like that, I'll be sure to oust her from the family. Remind me in ten years if I forget to.

Mahal Kita
08-15-2005, 04:22 AM
This whole topic bothers me, since I'm noticing it more and more.

I guess they just want to grow up... When I was their age, *shakes cane and clears throat* I couldn't wait to grow up and be like a teenager, or somewhat. But I did keep my clothing under control. And some of my possessions.

It's just this new breed of preteens that scares me. I've seen these practically nine year olds parading around the mall in their skimpy clothes they bought buying more skimpy clothes whilst talking on their new up-to-date cell phones as one of her friends is texting somebody else and the other is reapplying foundation and powder she reached out of her $500 purse. Seeing this makes me almost feel cheated out of that image that I acutally wanted back then, but it also makes me realize how I would've been seen had my parents not held me back inside the house never to let me be seen like that. My parents knew what was right for me. ~_~

Now I'm not saying I will lock my daughter (dare I have one someday) inside the house or make her wear jeans, a high-neck blouse, sweater, and trench coat in the middle of summer as a teen, but it's almost as if there should be an age for that. If my daughter wanted to "'round, struttin' her thang in a super-micro-mini-skirt at the age of 6" no doubt I'd do something about it.

It could be some of the parents fault, but sometimes young girls buy things with their money and the parents just don't pay mind to it.

Girls may tend to get bored with the barbie dolls, the easy bake oven, and the promise of a pink pony. So they turn to what's hip or what their friends like. They want to grow up and express themselves or feel accepted among their peers. But sometimes they're swayed by the media and some designers to sashay in a scantily-clad manner to achieve some kind of feeling of being a woman.

Peegee
08-15-2005, 04:53 AM
10 is pushing it a bit, but before 9 (ie before puberty) the only thing we have to worry about is seeing lower half nudity, which miniskirts do not show.

In fact you can see what my point is heading towards, and that the problem isn't the clothes but your collective mentality towards the idea that women should be perpetually (or if not perpetually not until they or 47 years old and past menopause) prim, proper, and free of sexual thoughts.

I should point out that ten year old boys who walk around topless are not chastised.

DMKA
08-15-2005, 05:01 AM
Clothing is all the same to me really...I don't see how and why people define certain things as "skanky" and others as "oh well that's perfectly appropriate!"...

But then, I'm one of those crazy newage hippies.

Jojee
08-15-2005, 06:40 AM
If I ever had a kid, I'd make sure shes in fashion, if that type of stuff is "In" then yes she can have one. I want my girl to be happy....and popular. And popularity is everything as a Kid...... That's kinda sweet.... in a sad kind of way.... :|

And I've noticed that trend, too. It's not pretty.

Rusty
08-15-2005, 08:58 AM
When I see six year old girls dressed up like they're eighteen - it makes me angry. It is the parents responsibility.

But when I see thirteen year old girls dressed like their eighteen and all they're 'all that' - it worries me, all of them are trying to grow up way to fast.

Jack
08-15-2005, 10:10 AM
I think the whole style ruins the mystery of girls/women period. Don't men want women's faults concealed rather then put out. "Oh look, that girl has a mole on her left thigh". Such things ruin everything if you do get "under the covers" anywway cause you know exactly what she looks like. I like the idea that it's not all out on view,

This doesn't mean I want them covered up, it's just if girls where this then it's less attradtive in the sense it reveals too much.

On point: It's the parents fault for buying it and the media's fault for making it okay and "cool"

Miriel
08-15-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm sure the executives of Fox and MTV have parents too. I say we blame them and point our accusing fingers at the parents of the Baby Boom generation.

Dreddz
08-15-2005, 11:19 AM
:mad2: Hey it's not about that it's about love man! I am sickened by that. Babies do cost but what is so bad about it? Everyone was a baby and imagined if you found out your mom/dad said that beforeyou were born? It would make you feel terrible :(
Like, I would want my Kid to live in a good safe area, if I am finacially not doing well, its not fair on me or the baby
Also, I would make a bad dad....

Peegee
08-15-2005, 11:38 AM
Don't mindlessly churn out babies like it's supposedly a universal norm. I personally will either use my dna to permanently alter the entire planet or refuse to father children, depending on my outlook in life by then.

Either it's worth warping the planet in my image or it isn't worth trying to save.

T-MaN
08-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Blame this on the parents. I have no idea what some of them are thinking.

Agreed.

Ageless_Bum
08-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Its a difference in times and morals.

The trend will contiue and most likely get worst. When i was working at a retail store, I saw a mini tube and supper tight, supper short shorts that could only have fit a toddler. This truely sadened me, partly because (this was branded as a workout outfit) no toddler needs a workout outfit unless the parent is just dressing them up to be seen while they workout somewhere, and because it was branded with barbie all over it.

I work with children of many ages, and I love watching them and knowing that their is a carefree innocence in them. To watch them enjoying life this way is what makes me love working with them. I know that these children dont understand (fully) the implications of wearing such things. As such the parents should stop them, in my opinion, from doing that sort of thing until they can fully make the choice understanding all the consequeces. That is something I dont think a kid could do until teenage, but then I guess I could be wrong.

Do i blame parents when i see it? I must admit my first thought is to do so. But their is another part of me that knows that a parent isnt in control of a kid 24/7. they cant control their dress when at a friends house per say. So I think the best that can be said is I feel sorry for the future.

Mercen-X
08-15-2005, 11:00 PM
ya, I actually dont want to have children.........its very hard finding a partner that has the same views which is a large drag..
I've wanted a family of my own since I was six years old. Why? Because I've always believed I'd be the best family man in existence.

Zeldy
08-15-2005, 11:45 PM
I totally agree. I see girls walking around in mini-skirts and boots already. It's frightening and I feel bad for even looking at the kid. :(

And kids wear make up much too early. I only was allowed to wear make up when I started high school. That's a bit strict, but 13 years old (I was 14 when I was allowed) is fine to me. But I don't cake it on. I wear eyeliner and a bit of mascara, that's it. Too much make up is disgusting.

I actually do wear alot, the teachers dont stop me though as they do with some of the other girls.
I myself am not a fan of little baby girls having their ears pierced x___x
I had my ears pierced when i was 10 and it made me cry then so imagine a 3 year old? uh.. awful ;___;
Id love to have children though, and i plan to do so.
I have names already :<3:

Mercen-X
08-16-2005, 12:04 AM
Id love to have children though, and i plan to do so.
I have names already :<3:

Destai
08-16-2005, 12:19 AM
I babysit my 6 year old cousin on week days. Once or twice I told her to go get changed from her PJ's and she came downstairs in clothes that I first thought were a bikini. The first day she came down stairs in these clothes I didnt say anything even though I wanted to but the second day I told her it was too cold out to wear those clothes which was an excuse I made up on the spot. I dont want to be the one to tell a six year old shes dressing too sexy. I wasnt sexually attracted in the least bit please understand but because she was dressed like this so young I felt way more uncomfortable mentioning this than I would have if she was a 14 year old.

assemblage
08-16-2005, 02:10 AM
i hope to god you're being sarcastic.

a lot of parents that are letting their kids go around like this are in the 18-35 age range. they probably still watch MTV, VH1, all that stuff, and think it's perfectly fine and normal for girls of all ages to buy a $200 strip of fabric, pull it up around the middle of her hips, decide against it and pull it down a few inches further and go to the mall, strutting around. it's...really not natural.

i was at the mall the other day and passed this girl in a store that looked to be 6 or 7 years old. she was wearing what could only have been a bikini top, a micro mini that couldn't have been longer than the length from my wrist to the tip of my fingers, and boots. the killer? she was sitting in Claires getting her belly button pierced. the woman standing next to her, i assumed it was the mother...she looked so proud.

i swear, society is corrupted beyond words.

Peegee
08-16-2005, 02:58 AM
Nice to know you people think dirty thoughts about kids instead of just seeing them trying to emulate adults.

If we didn't think dirty thoughts all the time this wouldn't be an issue.

fire_of_avalon
08-16-2005, 04:20 AM
I think it's stupid and trashy for most people to wear bikini tops when they're not at the beach, but whatever.

And about the shirt thing, I was allowed to walk around shirtless/half naked until I started getting nubs around 8. Then I was forever confined to shirtitude.

it's fine for kids to emulate adults, it's how they learn, but a parent has to be responsible for what their children emulate. If their child emulates whory behavior, the parent should act accordingly. Unless, of course, the parent doesn't find this behavior "wrong". Then they're probably just trashy people and there's nothing you can do about that.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-16-2005, 06:00 AM
so, essentially, you all think that kids are wearing clothes that are to 'sexy' right?

assemblage
08-16-2005, 11:58 PM
yes. precisely.

lordblazer
08-17-2005, 12:03 AM
Er... any reason?

I just don't. I wouldn't have the patience. My sister leads a horrible life, and I see my mother is in a lot of pain because of her, I could never go through that. As just her brother I feel guilty she chose the path she did, let alone the one who raised her? No. I couldn't take that kind of responsibility.
wow I thought you were gonna say you didn't wanna raise a daughter because once she reaches her teenage years and start having periods and PMS that you wouldn't wanna deal with it.

Lord Xehanort
08-17-2005, 12:03 AM

EXACTLY! I wasn't allowed to wear makeup until i was 15! Of course... i only wear it during plays... :shifty:

Girls ask not to be subject to sexism... and then some of them dress like this and negatively influence those around them. *sigh* Dirty little tramps...

lordblazer
08-17-2005, 12:07 AM
bah i think feminazi's are confused females who are against feminist yet they still want a big difference of treatment between male and females.Instead being treated as equals.

*spam*

08-20-2005, 02:21 AM
yes. precisely.
You should be shot. Any one who thinks that young girls can be dressing 'sexy' should be shot. That is what is wrong with the world in this day and age. You're all sick (ok, not everyone, but close enough).

Rengori
08-20-2005, 02:44 AM
There's no point in it all. Most of them are all too young to be dating, and you'll all eventually get old and wrinkly and you will all eventually DIE.
Blatanly stolen from Foamy.

krissy
08-20-2005, 04:09 AM
i just dont like thongs
and too much makeup

Lord Xehanort
08-21-2005, 02:03 AM
There's no point in it all. Most of them are all too young to be dating, and you'll all eventually get old and wrinkly and you will all eventually DIE.

Well said, Foamy.

nik0tine
08-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Am I the only one who does not have a problem with this? Why can't kids wear slutty clothing? Who does it hurt, and how?

bipper
08-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Kinda the same reason you dont wear a deer costume when you go deer hunting....

If you want to attract child molesters and people who have sick minds to your child then give em up for adoption please!

On the same hand is it ok to let your kid go dirty to kindergarden? Neve bath em or anything... it socially decrepid.

Bipper

Reles
08-21-2005, 09:00 AM
Am I the only one who does not have a problem with this? Why can't kids wear slutty clothing? Who does it hurt, and how?

Less clothing=men wanting to rape them.
Less clothing + weight gain=ew

nik0tine
08-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Kinda the same reason you dont wear a deer costume when you go deer hunting.... I like the analogy, but it doesn't work. These kids aren't going "deer hunting". Their intentions are to be hip and to look "good", not to have sex with their third grade classmates. But even if that was what they were looking for, I can promise you that changing their clothing won't change their intentions.

If you want to attract child molesters and people who have sick minds to your child then give em up for adoption please! A child molester is going to be a child molester regardless of what your daughter wears. Also, stuff like this is completely random and unpredictable. I don't like the idea of stopping people from doing thinhgs because something might happen someday.

Less clothing=men wanting to rape them.
Less clothing + weight gain=ew
Child molesters really don't care how little kids dress.

As for weight gain, that's a completely different issue.

bipper
08-21-2005, 09:30 AM
When you dress a certain way it insunuates you are doing somthing. I don't think anyone should ever look at a child in such a way, but i can't say it doesn't happen. Being cautious is better than being a victum in my opinion.

Kids have a society too, and they always want to be just like older people. Well they can't. I don't know of a child that could handle the litigations and responsabilities) being older.(hell some of us young adults can't ;) ) Giving kids skimpy outfits that (older) girls wear for sex appeal (I dont think airing out the cleavage counts as functionaliy) may give the other children the insinuation that they are like an older slutty person that wears the same clothes. Its called typecasting. That is where the deer analogy came from. (well that and the functionality - more of a metaphore)

Personally I am raising my children to be tolerable by society while trying to raise them to be themselves and independant. From there, they can take it when they are old enough. I just feel that parents should not let go too soon, or hold on too long - its a tricky buisness.

Bipper

08-21-2005, 09:39 AM
if you didnt catch that, I dont mind.

nik0tine
08-21-2005, 11:03 AM
if you didnt catch that, I dont mind.
Well I dunno what the fuck you are talking about, so I guess I don't mind either.

I'll comment on your post later Bipper. I'm off to bed now, but I didn't forget you! :p

assemblage
08-22-2005, 02:27 AM
yes. precisely.

You should be shot. Any one who thinks that young girls can be dressing 'sexy' should be shot. That is what is wrong with the world in this day and age. You're all sick (ok, not everyone, but close enough).
um, okay, thanks O_o did you even see what i was agreeing to?

so, essentially, you all think that kids are wearing clothes that are to 'sexy' right?
in other words, i was saying yes, i think that kids are wearing clothes that are too sexy.

so don't shoot.

disapointedchild
08-22-2005, 02:51 AM
Society is going so downhill. Parents are caring less and less about what I feel are very important things. Man, innocence isnt evan a stage anymore. Its quite disheartening for someone looking for a nice, proper girl.

Calliope
08-22-2005, 07:34 AM
Any children of mine will be exceedingly modest and polite, because if they act up, I'm burning their clothes and they will be forced to construct their own out of conservatively coloured glitter, plastic bags, and yesterday's newspapers.

I'd let my ten year old girl wear a miniskirt and a tubetop, under her other five layers of clothing.

Fortunately, I am never having children.

Mindflare
08-22-2005, 07:48 AM
Children should go back to being cute, simple, and happy. The standard thought of children's clothes are so awesome looking, I think, even for adults, though, that's rarely seen. I don't think <i>anyone</i> should wear excessively revealing clothing. We wear clothing for a reason, right? I don't see how anyone can do that to themselves.

Such modesty is a good thing, I think.

As for who to blame... it's the parents mostly, but designers who fill the stores with their garbage anger me. In pretty much all manners of clothing these days, not limited to childrens' clothes.

08-22-2005, 08:10 AM
yes. precisely.

um, okay, thanks O_o did you even see what i was agreeing to?

in other words, i was saying yes, i think that kids are wearing clothes that are too sexy.

so don't shoot.
yes I did see. you agreed that young girl can be dressing too 'sexy'. so you should be. you think the clothes are sexy, even on a child. that is wrong. clothes are clothes. to qoute nikOtine.

Why can't kids wear slutty clothing? Who does it hurt, and how?

When you dress a certain way it insunuates you are doing somthing.
thats complete bull. if I put on tight leather pants and a loose flashy shirt, does that insinuate something, how about if I wear a dark hoodie sweatshirt and dark pants? does that insinuate that im doing something wrong? No, it doesnt. the way you dress can be a way of expressing yourself, or for popularity, or to be comfortable.

I don't think anyone should ever look at a child in such a way,
this is the point I was trying to get across to assemblage

bipper
08-22-2005, 05:46 PM
thats complete bull. if I put on tight leather pants and a loose flashy shirt, does that insinuate something, how about if I wear a dark hoodie sweatshirt and dark pants? does that insinuate that im doing something wrong? No, it doesnt. the way you dress can be a way of expressing yourself, or for popularity, or to be comfortable.

If you (or a chick) wears slutty clothing, guys will look at you, this gives the outfit a function. I didn't mean for it to sound like if you wearing a hoodie you are gonna rob a bank. so back to the slutty clothing; When a child dresses in a slutty manner they are imitating an older individual. It's more than just clothing, its societey's view of a sex symbol being typecast on children.

If our society became a hard core porn addicted society; would it be ok for children to run around in bondage gear? I see it as only being a small step away.

Bipper

Leeza
08-22-2005, 06:00 PM
thats complete bull. if I put on tight leather pants and a loose flashy shirt, does that insinuate something,
You're contradicting yourself.

No, it doesnt. the way you dress can be a way of expressing yourself,
What are you trying to express by wearing tight leather pants?

08-22-2005, 06:08 PM
thats complete bull. if I put on tight leather pants and a loose flashy shirt, does that insinuate something,
You're contradicting yourself.

No, it doesnt. the way you dress can be a way of expressing yourself,
What are you trying to express by wearing tight leather pants?
please enlighten me on how I am contradicting myself.
I dont know what I a trying to express by wearing leather pants, I dont wear leather pants. maybe, someone who does is wearing them to express something. people have been known to thing of clothing as artwork.

bipper
08-22-2005, 06:13 PM
people have been known to thing of clothing as artwork.

I dont know what I a trying to express by wearing leather pants

look REALLY hard...

Art work is subjective granted. Some might think my jean and tshirt style is the ultimate sexy; that is only half the conciquence of dressing in this way. The other half of the problem is the roles these clothes play in society. You run to a police man for help, you run to a hooker ... for directions *cough*

Bipper

Leeza
08-22-2005, 06:19 PM
To most of the population, tight leather pants are usually suggesting sex in some way, whether or not that's what <i>you</i> might be wanting to express.

I still put most of the blame for this on the parents. Designers can design whatever they want, but their designs won't stay on the racks for long without someone buying the stuff and most 10 year old don't do their own shopping. The parents do it for them.

Fuzakeru
08-22-2005, 06:36 PM
To most of the population, tight leather pants are usually suggesting sex in some way, whether or not that's what <i>you</i> might be wanting to express.

I still put most of the blame for this on the parents. Designers can design whatever they want, but their designs won't stay on the racks for long without someone buying the stuff and most 10 year old don't do their own shopping. The parents do it for them.

I agree completely with Leeza.

Rengori
08-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Most of the kids (especially people who spend about 7 hours at the mall a day(exageration)) will tell their parents to get that. That still doesn't change the fact they aren't good parents.
Not stolen from Foamy this time! Yay!

08-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Most of the kids (especially people who spend about 7 hours at the mall a day(exageration)) will tell their parents to get that. That still doesn't change the fact they aren't good parents.
Not stolen from Foamy this time! Yay!
just because they buy certain clothes for thier children and give thier children less limitations than you se fit, does not mean that they are bad parents

nik0tine
08-22-2005, 11:05 PM
We wear clothing for a reason, right?For style, maybe?

Rengori
08-22-2005, 11:51 PM
just because they buy certain clothes for thier children and give thier children less limitations than you se fit, does not mean that they are bad parents
I would not all someone a good parent if they bought their child those damn slutty clothes.

Peegee
08-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Another point to be made is that as a general rule our society expects that other people will deal with sex, and that parents do not do anything related to sex ed. No 'birds and the bees' talk from mom or dad, it's sex ed at grade 7 or 8.

We want to pretend that sex doesn't exist so that we have less to worry about. Instead of worshipping sex or outright denouncing it, we're just more and more ignorant about it.

For example, the idea that I can tell women about their own biology that they have no concept of is bizarre and completely unnatural in my opinion.

Rengori
08-23-2005, 10:54 PM
Another point to be made is that as a general rule our society expects that other people will deal with sex, and that parents do not do anything related to sex ed. No 'birds and the bees' talk from mom or dad, it's sex ed at grade 7 or 8.

We want to pretend that sex doesn't exist so that we have less to worry about. Instead of worshipping sex or outright denouncing it, we're just more and more ignorant about it.

For example, the idea that I can tell women about their own biology that they have no concept of is bizarre and completely unnatural in my opinion.
Same with learning about PMS from you're 7<sup>th</sup> grade science teacher. *shudders*

NeoTifa
08-23-2005, 11:58 PM

http://badgas.co.uk/moments/moment_019.jpg

@.@ i didnt know they had pictures of my mom on the internet XD lol ((it really does look like her. just put her hair down, make her hair redder and shazaam! istant beth! >.>))

this is getting way outta control, i do agree. blame BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if they aint seeing all of those hoochies bobbing their booties in hoochie shorts w/ half their @$$ hanging out, then they wont be copying. rap pop culture has hit big in ohio at least. i thank god bri covers herself and only wears mascara o.o

assemblage
08-24-2005, 01:50 AM
okay, IBCrayZ, yknow what, you don't seem to understand what i'm saying. i'm trying to get through to you that there are these kids all over dressing sexy and I DON'T LIKE IT!! that's why i said society is corrupted and that kind of thing is unnatural. i'm sorry, but i honestly don't know how you could've missed that.

in case you didn't get what i was trying to say there, here you go --

kids are dressing too sexy for their age. i don't like it. i am against it. i hate it. suki ja nai desu. i'm on your side, man.

i don't know how to make it any clearer than that.

*slowly wonders who Bri is.....*