PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VI finished in 5 hours and 26 minutes!

Fire_Emblem776
08-15-2005, 03:45 AM
this is soo increadible but yuo wont be able to see the vidios unless you got fast internt, but its broken up into segments.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/FinalFantasy3.html

this site makes us al look like fools! i would still be int the world of balanance!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-15-2005, 04:00 AM
It doesn't make anyone look like a fool. Speed running an RPG may be an accomplishment, but it's missing the point.

eestlinc
08-15-2005, 04:10 AM
did he get excalibur 2?

Fire_Emblem776
08-15-2005, 04:18 AM
their is one?

Mitch
08-15-2005, 06:33 AM
Wow, he's a nerd..... good one

Rase
08-15-2005, 06:54 AM
Obviously he bent the laws of time using a machine with a chronologic ray and built in microwave to make it appear he did it in that time, when in reality nobody cares.

boys from the dwarf
08-15-2005, 11:22 AM
i bet what he did was speed up the game and make all of the bosses easier by cheatin or something and skipped the long parts b ecause i doubt this to be normally possible.hed of spent at least 5hrs and 26 minutes in fights if he had been doing it completely fair.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-15-2005, 02:45 PM
The Speed Demos Archive only posts verified legitimate speed runs. They're very strict about it.

Zone Eater
08-16-2005, 04:00 AM
How is it enjoyable to speed through a game like FF6, with such a great story? whatever floats your boat i guess. Seems like an RPG is kind of a wierd choice for a speed run though.

Fire_Emblem776
08-16-2005, 06:30 AM
if you already fininshed the game why not play it agin in the fastest time possible?

Sephex
08-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Well, as hard as that probably was, I appriciate speed runs more in action games. I might watch this eventually, I guess.

<-Wakka->
08-17-2005, 06:03 PM
It doesn't make anyone look like a fool. Speed running an RPG may be an accomplishment, but it's missing the point.

i agree speed running an RPG is nothing special really, in fact its probably better that you clocked up a lot of hours really, shows the effort and dedication in some ways. The only RPG i can ever remember speed running was FFX-2 for the second time to get 100% completion and the best ending. I play an RPG for a long adventure :D

GooeyToast
08-21-2005, 12:23 AM
the world was ruined, and then restored all over again in 5hrs 26mins.

i wish i was that fast with running a mile.

Slothy
08-21-2005, 07:19 PM
i agree speed running an RPG is nothing special really, in fact its probably better that you clocked up a lot of hours really, shows the effort and dedication in some ways.

I would say that a speed run probably shows as much if not more dedication than those who just clock a lot of hours stat maxing and what not. You've got to make sure you've got everything planned well to do a speed run, since you simply can't take the time to level up, and have to make as few mistakes as possible to get through. The need to plan ahead is important in any game you try to speed run, even RPG's.

I haven't watched that yet since I'm too lazy to download it, but I noticed it on there a while ago. That site has a lot of really cool videos on it.

Peter_20
08-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Hey, I can´t seem to view this stuff, it loads forever and nothing happens.
I SHOULD be able to watch it, I mean, I´ve got a Windows XP and I think that´s pretty new and fast and whatnot, so what am I doing wrong here?
It didn´t even work when I downloaded that codec!

cookieface
08-31-2005, 04:57 PM
how many times must it be said that the "speed games" on that site are a crock, a farce, a lie? it can be done with cheat codes, I'll give you that.

bipper
08-31-2005, 10:57 PM
Speed gaming was a VERY important skill to have back when I was a kid, and you saved games to the cartrage. You needed to hurry the hell up and beat the game before you retuned it and some guy who named his characters after sexual parts rented the game and deleted all the other saves there and replaced him with his crap saves...

I will find you perv... and I will kill your... http://www.marvistavet.com/assets/images/cute_dog_face.gif

:D

Bipper
jking of course

Master Quan
08-31-2005, 11:35 PM
Wow. Because I've actually got nothing better to do than to watch 16 bit images for 5 hours straight.

Thanks man, this was quite the pick me up.

Strider
08-31-2005, 11:41 PM
Going through a game as fast as you can kinda takes the fun out of it.

Unless it's something like Contra. Then it's on like Donkey Kong.

Mo-Nercy
09-01-2005, 12:26 AM
i bet what he did was speed up the game and make all of the bosses easier by cheatin or something and skipped the long parts b ecause i doubt this to be normally possible.hed of spent at least 5hrs and 26 minutes in fights if he had been doing it completely fair.
It's probably legit. I doubt that even this guy would go so far to "enhance" the gaming experience.

But if he feels playing a game as a fast as possible does improve the quality of the game, good for him.

Dreddz
09-01-2005, 01:43 AM
Gratz to him, I could Never Do That.....

Peter_20
09-24-2005, 02:53 PM
I can't play those things NO MATTER what I do!
And I've GOT fast Internet! :mad:

Vaprice
09-25-2005, 06:28 PM
wow....

congrats...

geek.........you pwn that game.... xD xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD