Muscular and has a scar:
Basch

Carries a shotgun and seems like Zell:
Banflear

Dark skin colored Viera race:
Fran

Well, thats the character list of FF12 so far
(I think that might be all of them...)

Edit: Darn it they already have a site for this stuff...

crashNUMBERS
08-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Hey!! It's always good to help. It happens all the time!!

rubah
08-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Balflear will be SO much cooler than Zell, thankyouverymuch.

Ouch!
08-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Balflear will be SO much cooler than Zell, thankyouverymuch.
I sure hope so. Seifer was right, Zell's a chickenwuss.

kikimm
08-16-2005, 06:12 AM
Hm. I don't like all of this comparing the characters to others from ones in previous installments, but whatever. :bigsmile:

Balflear does look awesome. In the real world, that usually doesn't mean anything, but in the gaming world, it's a little different. So there's a good chance of him living up to his appearance. I think Basch is just as cool, though.

:D

crazybayman
08-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Hm. I don't like all of this comparing the characters to others from ones in previous installments, but whatever. :bigsmile:
It does suck. However, there's a lot of apparent similarities between XII and X.

Vaan - Tidus - The teenage, blonde-haired, somewhat girly looking hero. Hopefully has a more manly voice than Tidus.

Ashe - Yuna - Teenage, darker-hair, bears a place of good social standing, Yuna being a summoner, Ashe being a princess. However we still don't know if Ashe and Vaan get together like Tidus and Yuna, as it seems she's marrying someone else

Penelo - Rikku!! NOOOOOO!!! I hope not, but I'll bet penelo will be an annoying, over-active, hyper, wimp, who's quick enough to get the first hit, but not strong enough to be useful. Hehe....anyways, I'd imagine, like Rikku, Penelo will be the younger, upbeat teenager, who maybe has a crush on Vaan. And maybe they get together.

Basch - Auron. Older, stronger, more mature warrior. Or so it seems. Both bearing scars.

Balflear - can be a throwback to airship owner/pilot Cid, in FFX and FFVII, and the lady loving / gunwielding Irvine in FFVIII.

Fran - Bringing in new races like in FFXI, which I haven't played.

Always similarities in the characters from FF game to game.

TurkSlayer
08-16-2005, 01:12 PM
I really wish they would add one more character. Six just doesn't see like enough.

crazybayman
08-16-2005, 01:35 PM
I personally prefer a limit of 6.

too many characters, like in FFVII, always results in me leaving a few out, and never levelling them up. LIke Yuffie and Cait Sith :p

Quote from FFVII: About Random Battles:

"Now who to chose.....how about Yuffie and Cait Sith? Just kidding guys! Nobody likes yoooooouuu!!!!"

:p

Ouch!
08-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Here's to hoping that Pennelo doesn't turn out to be another Selphie. Rikku wasn't so bad in FFX. It was in FFX-2 that she got really annoying. Selphie, however, was always annoying.

Sephiroths Clone
08-16-2005, 11:14 PM
I think that she will be more serious. For some reason she doesnt look like the hyper type to me. ::Fingers Crossed::

rubah
08-16-2005, 11:50 PM
I also think penelo looks more laid back. Her colors are a lot more pastelly and neutral than rikku or selphie's.

Dudius
08-17-2005, 12:40 AM
I hope you get to play as that King in a battle (the one that handed down the sword). That armor looked amazing.

Knights_Of_ROund_Table
08-17-2005, 12:46 AM
a limit of characters in a final fantasy game, no such thing lol. i loved ff7's numerous characters to choose from, but that might just be my own opinion.

Lawr
08-17-2005, 06:56 AM
Vaan - Tidus - The teenage, blonde-haired, somewhat girly looking hero. Hopefully has a more manly voice than Tidus.

Hopefully he isn't like Tidus I agree.
Tidus was too girly and whenever I heard his voice
my mind would veer off from the story.
(Prissy little girl...)

lgrowse
08-20-2005, 11:55 AM
vann's girlfriend is penelo and ashe's husband is killed in battle

Hiraku
08-20-2005, 05:45 PM
Hi! I am new here! Nice to meet you all!

Now on to what I want to say... I don't feel that Vaan would resemble Tidus personality- wise. The fact that he snatches stuff from other people and has a big dream of becoming a sky pirate soaring in freedom is more like Zidane- Both show some degree of dislike toward whatever symbolizes power, fame, and riches.

And I don't think we need to worry if Penelo is gonna be another hyper girl. Penelo, like many other people, dealt with the pain from the aftermath of the war, and people who endure horrible things usually are more mature. In a preview I saw, Penelo treats Vaan as a big sister who looks after him and guides him through life (even though it has been officially confirmed that Penelo is Vaan's girlfriend). Like that time when Penelo scolded Vaan for stealing and reminded him that the money belongs to the people, not himself.

I don't feel that the discrimination that Rikku suffered can compare to an experience as big as a war, but that's just me.
But Penelo's hope for a world of peace gives her that sense of optimism toward life that we would also see in Selphie and Rikku.

On another note... I do hope that guy who Penelo and Vaan are with is also a playable character... I want that old bangaa in my team, if not, a moggle would be nice...

BTW, doesn't it strike you that FF game has always put these 3 kinds of female characters as playable one? There's a gentle one, a tough one, and a cheerful one. Makes you think :rolleyes2

ZeZipster
08-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Balflear has the potential to out bad ass even FF7's Cid and Barret.

ReiHino
08-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Final Fantasy XII is a combo of old style and new style FF series put together.Plus it's the last one for PS2 ever.Next one is for PS3.

Savannah
08-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Vaan = Zidane/Tidus

Ashe = Tifa/Rinoa/Garnet/Yuna

Penelo = Yuffie/Selphie/Rikku

Basch = Vincent/Albert/Auron

Banflear = Irvine/Wakka

Fran = Freya/Lulu

Just my loose interpretations from the little I've seen and read so far.

Ryathes
08-23-2005, 09:48 AM
In ff7 even if the characters are not in your party they still level up some, not like in ff8, or ff9.

charliewhitcher
09-01-2005, 08:43 AM
i think that final fantasy 7 has got the most secrets and things to do n alot of characters are goood i think nut ff10 and ff10-2 were also very good but ff8 wos not as good but still class

Dreddz
09-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Should be more than 6, better replay value....

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-01-2005, 06:54 PM
come on people u just know your gonna get at least 2 more characters because theres 2 more races in the world that are not represented by characters in your pt so far.

Banga
and the other big ugly pig guys

also i think Penalo will be more quiet and reserved like Yuna in FFX and Ashe will be the more outgoing one.

Just what i think though ;)

Mirage
09-01-2005, 07:25 PM
I want like 10 characters, with several optional ones, so that you have to choose between some of the optional characters.

Hinky the Pickle
09-02-2005, 02:08 PM
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/488/488222/vids_2.html

Watch the video in the top left corner. At one point they open the menu and there are 2 empty character slots in addition to the 6 confirmed characters, meaning there's still 2 more characters that haven't been revealed. ;)

Sephiroths Clone
09-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Nice...hopefully one of the other two characters is a Bangaa, they look so cool. Oh and moogles too....i dont like those pig thingies i think theyre called Seeqs.

Hiraku
09-03-2005, 01:43 AM
I hoped for a bangaa, too.
the race description said that Bangaa develops their own magic, I'd like to have that in use during battle ^_^. A sense of uniqueness...
I think the likely other character, if it really is gonna be a bangaa,
would be that Mikael guy (?), not sure about his name, just knows that he's been with Vaan and Penelo, possibly as a boss/mentor.
I'd like to have a moogle, too. That way, there would be some comic relief, I miss the "kupo"...
But, probably not gonna happen... SquareEnix might put that emperor as the other additional character instead, well, it's good, too... :rolleyes2

TurkSlayer
09-03-2005, 06:11 AM
Nice...hopefully one of the other two characters is a Bangaa, they look so cool. Oh and moogles too....i dont like those pig thingies i think theyre called Seeqs.

I feel the same way as you. I haven't had a playable moogle since FFVI (Cait Sith only technically counts) and I've been hoping for one since the first preview. A Bangaa would be really awesome too. Somehow I doubt they'll give us the moogle though. I think they're probably give us the long haired leader of the judges, because from everything I've read he seems like a good guy.

Sephiroths Clone
09-03-2005, 05:30 PM
I think they're probably give us the long haired leader of the judges, because from everything I've read he seems like a good guy.

Really? I dont know something about him makes me think hes bad. His face looks evil too me.

TurkSlayer
09-03-2005, 08:33 PM
He may look slightly evil, but so far everything I've read is that he is very compastionate about Dalmasca(the city they've taken over) and how he is sad that they hate him so. He says I believe "I will suffer your hatred. I will defend Dalmasca". There is more in his speach then that, and the whole thing just makes him seem like a guy who cares for his people. It just seems to me that he's probably a good guy. By the way, I believe his names Vayne.

Hiraku
09-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Um... I went to another Final Fantasy Site, and this person got a picture of this character...
It says it is a new character, but I don't know if he's gonna be playable...
I think his name is Ramon (most likely to be dubbed later on as Raymond), and he looks younger than Penelo. The magazine also says his age is a mystery, so he might be actually 100+ years old, who knows?
Since the magazine says that this kid is supposedly high- class and noble-like, I am guessing he is gonna be a stuck-up and a snob.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/s-chao215/mag43.jpg

ps:I think some people already know about this, if Ramon is already being mentioned on this site, I'm sorry to take up space.

Sephiroths Clone
09-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Yea he does look kinda of like a brat to me.

Dreddz
09-20-2005, 08:14 PM
I dont think they look too similier, but they could of made the characters a bit more different........

Destai
09-21-2005, 02:22 PM
He looks like Ashe. Her noble cousin or something?

Hinky the Pickle
09-22-2005, 12:31 AM
He kind of looks like a bard to me. I wouldn't be surprised actually considering almost every bard to date has been stuck-up or of noble blood.

Hiraku
09-23-2005, 02:02 AM
I doubt that he'd be a bard...
We already have a dancer, Penelo, and it'd be wrong to steal her thunder... (did I use it right? steal her thunder?) I mean, being the only artiste in the game is what makes her unique, right?
I think he'd be a potential healer if he's playable... that or a character who is so horrible, no one would even think about using him...
I do, however, picture him doing sneaky moves during battle

JJC8623
09-23-2005, 10:30 PM
I think he will be the resident magic user.

boys from the dwarf
09-28-2005, 07:44 AM
vaan. hte main character with dreams of becoming a sky pirate. seems a lot more zidane than tidus to me.

penelo: she is vaans girl friend and have known each other for ages. penelo seems a lot more of a goodie instead of some hyperactive prat.

ashe: the princess of damalasca and after most of her family is killed in a war she finds vaans and joins up with him. she is the main female.

balthier: he is a kick ass sky pirate who cares nothing about war and only cares for his job.

fran: she is balthiers patner in crime but not much more is known.

basch: the murderer of vaans brother and various other family and also ashes father. he joins the group when he is on the run from the law.(i dont know how he joins up though.would you let your brother and fathers killer join you?)

ramon: some little noble looking guy who seems to work for vaan. i dont know if you can use him in battles though.

Jhei
10-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Ramon is not really confirmed yet if he's playable or not. And pronouncing Ramon is like this Ra-mon, not Ray-mon. Ramon is a Spanish name, that's why it's pronounced like that (in my opinion). Anyways, the rumors state that Ramon is looking for a rare type of Maseki (masekis are stones that are used to produce energy), Bamaseki. Bamaseki is a Maseki that absorbs the power of another Maseki. There are also rumors that Ramon might be the little brother of Vayne, that's why he's ashamed of his background.

FFX_fanatiq
10-03-2005, 03:15 AM
Princess resembling Yuna:
Ashe

Uh....Yunas based on a japenise person and ashe's based on a french

do tell how they look alike?

Hiraku
10-04-2005, 03:53 AM
Ashe resembles Yuna for many people b/c they both have shoulder-length hair (Yuna actually has really long hair, but she tied most of them back. I don't really notice that, though until FFX-2. I know, I'm slow)
So... Ramon is looking for rare stone... maybe he'll have a Yuffie personality.

boys from the dwarf
10-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Ashe resembles Yuna for many people b/c they both have shoulder-length hair (Yuna actually has really long hair, but she tied most of them back. I don't really notice that, though until FFX-2. I know, I'm slow)
So... Ramon is looking for rare stone... maybe he'll have a Yuffie personality.
hes seems a lot more like some kind of noble so i doubt hell be a theif so just call him a treasure hunter or ill rip your lungs out! not seriously but locke rules!!!best FF quote ever!