PDA

View Full Version : omega and shinryu. who is harder?

Shin Gouken
08-15-2005, 04:32 PM
who is harder, omega or shinryu?

i know alot of people on eoff dont have a difficult time with either of the optional bosses but they are considered the hardest in the game.

omega has the 3-4 counter attacks which are unavoidable but mostly he aims at killing one character at a time (encircle, delta and blaster are all instant kills) shinryu doesnt have a weakness you can exploit and aims at killing your entire party in single hits (blizzard, tidal wave and his mealstrom + lightening combo)

omega can be killed in a single hit where shinryu takes an entire turn.

omega can unleash several attacks in a turn (including his counter attacks) but shinryu generally waits until your party has had their turn before attacking

both are easy enough with the right strategy. just wondered who you thought was more of a challenge

Ryathes
08-15-2005, 11:54 PM
I think omega, of course shinryu is very hard too.

raskerino
08-16-2005, 01:01 AM
well in Ultima Shadow's challenge game Shinryu was more difficult.

-N-
08-16-2005, 06:23 AM
Shinryu - Omega at least as a weakness.

Ultima Shadow
08-16-2005, 11:33 PM
well in Ultima Shadow's my challenge game Shinryu was much more difficult.

EmeraldWeaponluvsRuby
08-17-2005, 10:58 PM
shinryu doesnt have a weakness you can exploit and aims at killing your entire party in single hits (blizzard, tidal wave and his mealstrom + lightening combo)

Yes he does. He's weak to Dragon Spears. Equip a Coral Ring and two Dragon Spears on each charater, make 'em jump and he's dead in two rounds, tops.

As for my opinion, Omega is FAR harder than Shinryu, simply because of the strategy I listed above. Even if you're using the right strategy, Omega can still kill you easily, unlike Shinryu, who's powerless against...well...you know. It took me several tries jsut to get Omega's strategy working, much less actaully killing him.

Dreddz
08-18-2005, 12:01 AM
Shinyru....yep..

Heath
08-18-2005, 12:48 PM
I always found Omega harder, though I've not played the game in over a year, so I should try again sometime.

Shin Gouken
08-18-2005, 07:07 PM
shinryu doesnt have a weakness you can exploit and aims at killing your entire party in single hits (blizzard, tidal wave and his mealstrom + lightening combo)

Yes he does. He's weak to Dragon Spears. Equip a Coral Ring and two Dragon Spears on each charater, make 'em jump and he's dead in two rounds, tops.

As for my opinion, Omega is FAR harder than Shinryu, simply because of the strategy I listed above. Even if you're using the right strategy, Omega can still kill you easily, unlike Shinryu, who's powerless against...well...you know. It took me several tries jsut to get Omega's strategy working, much less actaully killing him.

does anyone actually really seriously go out of their way to find that many dragon spears??? wtf you can kill him in 1 turn at level 45 without coral rings!

true omega is probabley the harder. but not hard really. what strategy did you put together. basically, if you equip time magic and hide you can cast "quick" attack then hide. he literelly cant hurt you. with omega you just have to play defensively. if you try to play offensively you wont last 10 seconds

Del Murder
08-21-2005, 07:24 AM
I found Omega harder but they were both pretty easy if you prepare right.

Burtuc
08-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Omega....Shinruy is super easy..the only thing power about him is how he starts with tidal wave but that easily be absobed with coral rings. After the first attack its all cake and pie -_-

§håd0w
08-21-2005, 11:21 PM
Omega seemed easier only in the sense that it has weaknesses. Unlike Shinryu

The same can be said for Omega and Shinryu in DoS.