PDA

View Full Version : Radiata Stories.....

Dreddz
08-15-2005, 05:23 PM
This game looks pretty good
They said that a European release is being considered...aka No..
Its made by the same people as Star Ocean too

Thoughts ?

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH I HATE UK

Destai
08-15-2005, 05:46 PM
This game looks pretty good
I dont think it will make a UK Release as the Valkyie Profile wasnt released here and Vadiata Stories is the sequel to it
They said that a European release is being considered...aka No..
Its made by teh same people as Star Ocean too

Thoughts ?

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH I HATE UK This is getting irritating.

Mirage
08-16-2005, 03:59 AM
Radiata Stories is in no way a sequel to Valkyrie Profile, where the heck did you hear this?

Alice
08-16-2005, 09:38 AM
hm im looking forward to the game (dont know anything about it being a sequel, im pretty sure its a flat out original) it looks to be really fun and obsessable ^_^ Im just a bit confused as to how they expect me to pay for it when i have to buy FFAC >.< and they are also releasing Drakengard 2 pretty close.. .thats what certain websites say anyways >.<

Dreddz
08-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Radiata Stories is in no way a sequel to Valkyrie Profile, where the heck did you hear this?
I read it off the Site wrong :(

Aphelion
08-17-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm looking forward to it, but I'm only expecting a fine RPG, nothing more. I won't keep my expectations too high, though Radiata Stories seems to have an interesting plot...I'm not very thrilled about the 150+ characters you'll be able to have in your party (40+ in Chrono Cross were already a pain), but as long as the plot is okay and the battle system is fun, there's no problem at all... :D

Black Mage
08-23-2005, 05:45 PM
I've got faith in Tri-Ace. I'm sure Radiata Stories will be amazing. Though, I'm a little worried about the dubbed voices, since the Japanese cast was darn amazing.

Uh, Character Spoilers?

Not to mention both Lenneth Valkyrie and Lezard Valeth are in the game. Lenneth, whom joins your party.

Mercen-X
08-23-2005, 08:40 PM
:save: Description

The tale begins in the kingdom of Radiata, which lies in a world where humans and fairy creatures coexist. It is here that the protagonists, Jack and Ridley, meet for the first time. While Jack seeks to become a knight, Ridley must accept her fate in becoming one. Destinies are realized when a war erupts between the humans and the fairy creatures and threatens to end the world of Radiata.

In RADIATA STORIES™, enter a never-before-seen living, breathing world where all of the characters live their own lives and the passage of time brings about remarkable changes. Your choices including which side you will fight for determine which of over 175 individuals will lend you a hand in your journey. Precise, easy-to-use controls allow you to add strategies to real-time battles through various changes in your party's formation.

Explore a fully interactive and animated environment by kicking objects! Kick chairs, trees, rocks, monsters, townsfolk, chickens, etc. to earn items or engage in battle. In addition, collect and equip a variety of alternate costumes and weapon types for Jack, each with its own set of stats and special attributes, including cameos from past tri-Ace titles.

:save: Features

Encounter a living, breathing world in Radiata complete with a day/night cycle in which non-player characters carry out their daily lives and your interactions with them will shape the outcome of your journey.
Experience a non-linear and humorous storyline complemented with unique sidequests and event scenes.
Explore a fully interactive and animated environments by kicking objects! Kick chairs, trees, rocks, monsters, townsfolk, chickens, etc. to earn items or engage in battle.
Over 175 characters, each with their own storyline and abilities, can be recruited into your party.
Add tactical elements to real-time battles with the Link System, in which party members engage in fighting formations and combine attacks to perform combos and special attacks.
Collect and equip a variety of alternate costumes and weapon types for Jack, each with its own set of stats and special attributes.

Wiegrahf42
08-24-2005, 03:29 AM
Kick townsfolk? This may be as good as the "Middle finger" expression in Fable.

Mercen-X
08-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Add tactical elements to real-time battles with the Link System, in which party members engage in fighting formations and combine attacks to perform combos and special attacks.
I imagine the combos will be graphically weak like in Ark: the Lad. One character's attack followed by another character's attack with no real change in the animation. So freakin' weak.

Erdrick Holmes
08-25-2005, 03:19 AM
I heard this game's character recruitment system is a blatant rip-off of Suikoden.

Black Mage
08-25-2005, 03:52 AM
I hear characters joining your party for some reason or another is used in every RPG ever.

black orb
08-25-2005, 05:25 AM
Not to mention both Lenneth Valkyrie and Lezard Valeth are in the game. Lenneth, whom joins your party.
>>> Are you sure about this !?

Black Mage
08-25-2005, 05:44 AM
Black Orb, I can point you in the direction of gameplay videos with her in it.

http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/

Just look for Radiata Stories, and you can see with your own eyes.

She's in the Gabriel Celeste and Iseria Queen videos. :)

Also check out the Nibelung Valesti one. :P

black orb
08-25-2005, 06:29 AM
>>> OMG, I believe you now! but I wont see those videos because I want to experience/play this by myself.

Lord Chainsaw
08-26-2005, 05:46 AM
Tri-Ace? I doubt it's going to happen, but I'd like to see Unlimited Indalecio make cameo as a superboss such as the Celestials in SO3. Of course we know Iseria and Celeste will be in the game, but I've had enough Valkyrie Profile cameos with SO3. Unless it's Lezard of course. Then it's okay.