PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it...

Chibi Angel
08-15-2005, 08:10 PM
When you forget to do something like save a second copy of your work and then it gets deleted and you get really pissed and just want to kick yourself? My computer was acting up and decided to wipe my floppy disk, my entire summers worth of writing gone in one second cuz I forgot to save backup copies. I hate technology :mad2: Has anybody else had something that you know you should do then forget and really regret it later?

Rye
08-15-2005, 08:18 PM
That happened a lot with my graphics. I'd make a banner, and I'd want to change something like the text or brightness of one part but I didn't make a .psp file (or a .tif file in Photoshop. They basically are files that hold all the information of the image, like layers, so you can edit it layer) and I'd be really annoying. xD

Lindy
08-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Your computer is acting up...so you wipe the backup disc? And now you're wondering WHY you lost everything?

I'm sorry, my mind it's just...too blown.

Chibi Angel
08-15-2005, 08:41 PM
I didn't wipe the disk, my computer corrupted the whole think and I HAD no backup disk. I'm not entirely stupid you know :-\

Lindy
08-15-2005, 08:44 PM
You're stupid enough not to backup your work on an external device.

Shoeberto
08-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Yeah, it's happened to me. Except in one case it was an RPG Maker game I had spent a whole summer working on.

I think it was...this past Friday night I was working on a map for a game I play, and I was getting bored of working on it, so I closed the program, expecting it to ask me to save it, like most do. But the window said "You will lose all unsaved progress." Instead of thinking, I clicked through it, expecting a Save as... window to pop up, but it didn't. So I lost some progress there.

It's quite irritating, but I only have myself to blame for that one.

Mr. Mojo Risin
08-15-2005, 08:46 PM
I hate it when I'm chiseling something into stone and then a divine wind blows and shatters my tablet in an irreversible process. And then I go: "Curse thee!"

...or something like that.

Polyonymous
08-15-2005, 08:53 PM
I've been working on something when the power went out before. Lucky for me, when I started the computer and opened the program, it told me there was some data that had been auto saved and it asked me if I wanted to retrieve it. I was happy. :D

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-15-2005, 09:04 PM
The power went out when I was watching the ending cut scene for FFVIII. I sued the power company the bastards!

Leene
08-15-2005, 09:15 PM
When you forget to do something like save a second copy of your work and then it gets deleted and you get really pissed and just want to kick yourself? My computer was acting up and decided to wipe my floppy disk, my entire summers worth of writing gone in one second cuz I forgot to save backup copies. I hate technology :mad2: Has anybody else had something that you know you should do then forget and really regret it later?
:save:Yes i really hate it.:save:

Chibi Angel
08-16-2005, 01:44 AM
You're stupid enough not to backup your work on an external device.
I never said I wasn't stupid just not entirely stupid.

Lindy
08-16-2005, 01:45 AM
I know, I just like to reinforce the fact that a person is stupid.

Chibi Angel
08-16-2005, 02:02 AM
Gee thanks that makes me feel special.

Yuffie514
08-16-2005, 02:41 AM
Gee thanks that makes me feel special.

i save everything on zip-disks. 100MB/200MB - your choice. some modems have a built-in zip-drive, but my laptop made me have to buy a separate one which i have to plug into. data CDs have 800MB, but you have to burn in every new thing you save b/c they won't be visible on some PCs and also appear as shortcuts.

ooh, and not formatting a disk is dangerous. i thought floppy-disks go crazy over that, but now it's a problem with zip-disks.

rubah
08-16-2005, 03:11 AM
You still use floppies?

That being said, I haven't backed up anything in a long time. I'm flirting with disasterX.x;;;;;;;;;;;

Yuffie514
08-16-2005, 03:24 AM
if that was for me, well i jus use them only for small tasks (transporting files on bro's PC via my laptop, school work). i hate them, but who cares.

Kirobaito
08-16-2005, 03:29 AM
I got to the second disk of FF7 when I accidentally saved over my game.