PDA

View Full Version : Loved pets gone.

Spammerman
08-16-2005, 03:26 AM
Has any1 here ever lost a pet that they really loved, and how did you cope with it?I recently lost my pet today, and everytime I think of him, I remeber the last time I saw him on the floorand happy times with him.Its really hard for me.

Kirobaito
08-16-2005, 03:29 AM
The first dog I had, Buckwheat, my family got about 5 years before I was born. He died in February of 1998, before I had Peanut (I got her the next summer). It was very difficult, but I know that it will be nothing compared to the pain I'll feel when Peanut goes.

Marshall Banana
08-16-2005, 04:04 AM
:(
The only pet I lost that meant anything to me was my dog, Gypsy, when I was alot younger. One of my evil neighbors killed her. :cry:
I haven't had another pet since that I've liked as much.

T-MaN
08-16-2005, 04:33 AM
I lost my goldfish back when I was 8 or 9 years old. My friend's little sister put an oily bone that she found in the fish's bowl. My goldfish died, and I was sad and never wanted another fish in my life again. Once I found out who was responsible for the death of my fish...well, let's just say I have a terrible way of showing revenge.

Shlup
08-16-2005, 05:55 AM
I'm always sad when a pet dies, but I've never been too terribly grieved over it. The worst was when the cat I grew up with ran off to die, but at least by running away it kind of let us down gently or something.

Jojee
08-16-2005, 06:34 AM
I had to give my puppy away cos' she tried to commit suicide, twice.
My pidgeon (haha... don't ask!) got its stomach dug out by a wild cat and lived for two more agonizing weeks trying to recuperate.
My fish ate each other. xD
My kitten which I love lovelove died because my cousins fed it something and it choked and I was away.
Both my baby chicks died within two weeks.
I had gerbils at one time but they made too many babies and I think they died but I'm still not entirely sure what happened to them in the end... xD
What's wrong with me?

Hope you'll feel better though, link ^^ *sends love*

Lilian
08-16-2005, 06:39 AM
I've had animals of various types my entire life, so I've had to deal with losing quite a few in my time. I think the hardest was when we lost a dog we'd had since I was a toddler, just a year or so ago. It doesn't ever really get any easier, but it will stop hurting with time. I know that's not very helpful, but it's really all the advice I can give. I hope you feel better soon. -hugs, even though I dunno you- :)

Marshall Banana
08-16-2005, 07:46 AM
My pidgeon (haha... don't ask!) got its stomach dug out by a wild cat and lived for two more agonizing weeks trying to recuperate.
My kitten which I love lovelove died because my cousins fed it something and it choked and I was away.
I had gerbils at one time but they made too many babies and I think they died but I'm still not entirely sure what happened to them in the end... xD
What's wrong with me?

Oh my. :eek:
You must be cursed. Do you have any pets now?

Leene
08-16-2005, 08:15 AM
:save:I have lost two pets my dog and my cat(i was crying for days):( ...:save:

Sephex
08-16-2005, 08:29 AM
Whenever a cat I own dies, I feel terrible for awhile. Most people don't realize how great cats can be.

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 12:37 PM
i posted a thread not too long ago about losing loved ones. i lost my dog who i've known my whole life around thursday two weeks ago. i was in hawaii the whole time for like a month, so i didn't get to spend any time with her or even say goodbye, it hurts so damn much... especially coming home, that was the worst... an empty house with no dog barking or anything....

she was diagnosed with diabetes and cancer awhile ago, but she really hung in there. she lived longer than she was supposed to and i'm hella proud of her for that. a tumor grew, then she had it removed, then another one grew in the same spot. it kept growing then broke the skin and she was bleeding, and that's when my uncle took her to the vet where they put her to sleep...

Yavanna
08-16-2005, 12:49 PM
We had alot of cats (like 15- 20 I think) but we had to move to a smaller house(sewer problems with the one we where in) and the person we were renting it from would let us have pets there so we had to leave em behind. miss them so much...... :cry:

Jojee
08-16-2005, 01:35 PM
What's wrong with me?

Oh my. :eek:
You must be cursed. Do you have any pets now? No, and they must be thankful ^_~

I do want one, though. Just my housing situation...! They don't allow pets and I don't want fish anymore, cos' they are boring ^_^ I'll probably get a bunny!

Resha
08-16-2005, 02:22 PM
My silly Hammy bit my dad's hand and ran away.

I was in trauma for very long, and I still have not recuperated. I want a dog, and a horse.

Zeldy
08-16-2005, 02:22 PM
I lost my rabbit, Thumper, who id had for 7 years, 3 years ago
She only had one eye :weep:

And Wodderwick.. our 3 legged frog ;_;
And Bluey, Greenie and Coco.. my birdies ;_;
And Goldeen and Seaking.. stupid fun park fish.. they killed my fishes;_;
But i still have teh fluffster~ <3 My Rab-Rab

Spammerman
08-16-2005, 08:19 PM
especially coming home, that was the worst... an empty house with no dog barking or anything....
I know how its gonna feel.My dog would climb on the couch and look at me thrtough the window, then jump up and down when I got home, and followed me around the house.I kinda feel guilty, cause I keep thinkin in the back of my mind, that if I wouldve taken him out for a walk instead of lettin him out by himself like we usually do, he wouldn't of been in the street, and would still be here with me.IM getting a dog from the animal shelter, that way I can give another dog a second chance at a good life to help me not feel guilty.