PDA

View Full Version : FF7 Loses =(

Buccura
08-16-2005, 07:50 AM
A looping flash I made a while ago that depicts my feelings about Square-Enix and FFVII.

Sad but true =( (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/WrathChild/FFVIIloses.swf)

Sephex
08-16-2005, 08:35 AM
What?

Christmas
08-16-2005, 08:38 AM
Square is draining every bit of money out of FF VII like Shinra draining Mako from the planet?

TheAbominatrix
08-16-2005, 08:44 AM
If fans wouldnt buy it, they wouldnt make it.

Buccura
08-16-2005, 09:06 AM
Square is draining every bit of money out of FF VII like Shinra draining Mako from the planet?

Pretty much.

auronfan1
08-16-2005, 10:47 AM
If fans wouldnt buy it, they wouldnt make it.
ture good wording

Aidan
08-16-2005, 11:44 AM
honestly, who cares why they made it. its a good game, and if you dont think so, thats alright.

TheAbominatrix
08-16-2005, 11:46 AM
No one is talking about FFVII itself, instead about the sequels and prequels of the game.

Aidan
08-16-2005, 11:53 AM
ah, guess i misunderstood even though buccura said correct to this statement:

TheAbominatrix
08-16-2005, 11:54 AM
It's referring to the amount of spin off games spawned from VII, essentially Square is cashing in on VII's popularity.

eestlinc
08-16-2005, 03:21 PM
so now Square-Enix is like the Cid's Knights?

too many plot twists...

Buccura
08-16-2005, 11:22 PM
so now Square-Enix is like the Cid's Knights?

too many plot twists...

Huh?

krissy
08-17-2005, 02:24 AM
cid's knights are like shinra
they get in the way

anyway lol at the flash

edit: a spin off migth be square-enix squeezin the box somehow and milk coming out (attatching an undder to the game box maybe)

Cloud Lionheart
08-17-2005, 04:34 PM
Like the flash... lol... You got that dang song in my head now!!!

Destai
08-17-2005, 05:30 PM
xD, But personally Im thrilled theyre milking VII because Im a rebel like that and I actually like what Ive seen of Advent Children and the Sequels and Prequels. And Im still hoping for that remake anytime now.

Mr. Dardanelles
08-18-2005, 11:48 AM
I think there nowt wrong in the spin-offs/sequels and prequels. There is so much you can do with a story and world like FFVII. Besides, S-E know people are gonna buy it because of the success of the orignal. And let's be honest, anyone in their own right mind will buy a copy of one of the versions if they are a fan of the series! No doubt!

Dreddz
08-18-2005, 02:25 PM
All I can hear is stuff about mammels and the discovery Channel
But i agree that Square Enix is using FFVII for just plain hard cash

Luke_loki
08-18-2005, 02:42 PM
lol i love that song ! anyways FF7 is in my eyes the best final fantasy so i dont mind them adding to the story

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-18-2005, 02:59 PM
That made me totally hot.

Destai
08-18-2005, 03:26 PM
But i agree that Square Enix is using FFVII for just plain hard cashYes its sickening that video game companies would sink to that level. Making video games for money, Its disgusting :rolleyes2

Dreddz
08-18-2005, 03:44 PM
But i agree that Square Enix is using FFVII for just plain hard cashYes its sickening that video game companies would sink to that level. Making video games for money, Its disgusting :rolleyes2
I just think that there destroying a good game and its name, only because they want dosh.

Destai
08-18-2005, 03:50 PM
I just think that there destroying a good game and its name, only because they want dosh.I dont see any reason to say theyre destroying it by adding to the story. Every preview for both prequels and sequels has been at the very least good looking. Plus theres how 99% of the fans have been screaming for a sequel for ages.

Luke_loki
08-18-2005, 03:55 PM
only because they want dosh.
Isnt that why people make games in the first place

no one is forcing you to buy the new final fantasy VII stuff

BudSoda02
08-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Well It's kinda bad that they're milking it for more money, but they're a FOR profit company. In other words, they're in it to make money. I also agree there really should be sequels to the PS1 versions of all FF games (VII-IX), fans have been begging for sequels ever since the games were released. No one can get enough of Final Fantasy. FFX was just a dead giveaway that it had a sequel coming, but besides FFVII, we don't know what Square's going to do.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Momiji
08-18-2005, 06:26 PM
I understand that FFVII introduced a lot of things into the series and stuff...but I just don't see the point as it was one of my least favorite Final Fantasies. The only thing I liked about the game was Sephiroth.

Shoden
08-18-2005, 06:34 PM
ROFLMFAO!

that was mad hillarious who gives a damn? good game it's all about the games baby

(so lets do it like they do on the discovery channel)

Ohhh
08-18-2005, 06:41 PM
what the hell? you dont even know if these sequels presquels and spin-offs of FF7 are even good yet.. id undastand if you were mad or sad because they turned terrible (and therefore its obvious that there just doin for the dosh) but they might turn out fantastical :D and so the fans would love them :love:
personally im so glad square chose FF7 to do these things with.. i was starting to get cloud-withdrawal symptoms (that even re-playing the game couldnt cure)
hee hee...

Shoden
08-18-2005, 06:46 PM
instead of making all these prequels they should stop at crisis core and do a remake

remake > more spin offs

Dreddz
08-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Well It's kinda bad that they're milking it for more money
Thats just what i mean ~!!!

Rand Al'Tor
08-19-2005, 04:57 PM
1: As said, Squaresoft likes teh $. They're a company. The ORIGINAL FF VII was made with just as many $ signs in the eyes as these ones. The only FF that might be exempt from this MIGHt be FF1 as they thought they were going under ANYWAY.

2: We make a lot of assumptions about their motives. For all we know, the game designers of all this stuff are burning with holy fires and the muse speaks in their ear and THEY don't care about the cash, they just want to tell the story, but the big tops of Square Enix arranged it so that they could all ride the same 'PR-wave'.... can't blame them for that. (more likely, it's a mix. The game designers DO have the feeling they'd like to make a sequel, but they have plenty of other ideas as well, and depending on what the consumers and marketing guys say, they'll work on this beloved project or that beloved project.

3: No reason to assume it does, but if it DOES suck, it doesn't HAVE to be 'because it was all about the money'. Plenty of artists did and do stuff purely out of the love for their art but end up.... well... failing miserably. Maybe the idea just stunk and they didn't see. Maybe their was miscommunication. Maybe they ran out of time. Maybe personal trouble ruined stuff. There are HUNDERDS of things that can make a game suck except 'it was all about the cash'.

NeoTifa
08-19-2005, 05:33 PM
who cares about sequals and prequals. the original will always be popular and if the s&p's suck, then that just make ff7 look better. people love ff7 i think milking is a waste of time anyways

Destai
09-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Bitching about the prequels and sequels is for fanbois and emos with nothing better to rant about.

Max
09-19-2005, 04:26 AM
Nobody can say that we didnt want all this. I can remember When we were all begging for more ff7 games, and movies....

nik0tine
09-19-2005, 04:44 AM
This thread loses.

Slade
09-19-2005, 06:37 AM
Nobody can say that we didnt want all this. I can remember When we were all begging for more ff7 games, and movies....

I dont remember begging. Or even asking for that matter.

ThroneofDravaris
09-19-2005, 06:48 AM
Oh sure, it's funny when Square does it, but when I have sex with my copy of FF7 everyone takes the moral high ground!

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
09-19-2005, 06:52 AM
If they're good, I won't think it's about the cash. Also, Square is a Japanese company, and the Japanese culture in general is about quality and the customers and stuff before profit. If we were talking about an American company, I'd suspect money more being the reason.

nik0tine
09-19-2005, 07:34 AM
All companies exist for profit.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
09-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Hmm, ok let me revise my thesis. It's not JUST for the money.