PDA

View Full Version : Missile Base Mission

rubah
08-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Also Known as 'Selphie wants to be a Demolitionist when she grows up!'

That being said, I've just finished that segment, and am working on saving balamb's sorry self.

How do you get this done?

The walkthrough I've used in the two previous games I've played emphasizes the need to fight everything you see, but in this low-level game, I decided to be more prudent and help out with everything and keep them from realizing we were three kids from garden xD

In the maintenance room, it was amusing to see selphie quistis and zell sneak in back after them (what were you doing in that room? 'play it cool' Why didn't you tell us? 'we were about to go get you!') and beat the crap out of the base soliders xD

Then again, in the room with the control panel, I got the opportunity to move a missile launcher (Don't fight and don't run away, help the poor guys!) xD

This gave me access to the control panel without having to get a password. It ended up saving a lot of time, because I could set the error ratio before the time-limit started.

Then the guy in the stairway let us go through, and we got to watch a strip session xD fought the fake-boss battle (boss music, but dangit, bosses don't give exp! Is this one of the forced-ap battles? because I could not get break to work against those soldiers, so I just used GFs to keep anyone from getting extra:()

set self-destruct for 10 minutes, run back outside, *don't* have to redo the error-ratio thing, fight the big huge robot thinger and still have two minutes to spare xD

Anyways, I just thought it was so cool that I only had to fight two battles in the entire missile base (had encounter none on also).

Do you usually stay in disguise or do you fight it out? Did you even know that you *could* do it another way than the one you're accustomed to? xD or am I just a silly n00b? xDD

Skyblade
08-16-2005, 09:31 PM
I always stay in disguise. I think it's more amusing. I love this whole sequence.

"Blow everything to smithereens! Woohoo!"

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 09:40 PM
i don't remember. all i remember was laughing at the dancing soldiers in that one hidden screen thing.

rubah
08-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I was trying to find out how to get those, but I was too lazy to actually do so, and now I've saved past there so I can't xD

Slade
08-17-2005, 08:17 AM
i don't remember. all i remember was laughing at the dancing soldiers in that one hidden screen thing.

Dancing soldiers? When was that?

Skyblade
08-17-2005, 08:54 AM
It was a hidden option at the Missile Control Panel.

Hold square and triangle while in the equipment check screen, then press up to see one of the soldiers, and down to see the other.

boys from the dwarf
08-17-2005, 11:21 AM
what you should do is stay in uniform then set the place to blow for either 10 or 20 minutes which means that you can run out of the secret door in the self destruct room straight to the end boss.

crazybayman
08-17-2005, 02:37 PM
:mad2: FIGHT :mad2: FIGHT :mad2: FIGHT :mad2: FIGHT :mad2: FIGHT :mad2: FIGHT :mad2: FIGHT :mad2: FIGHT :mad2: FIGHT

* White Aeris *
08-17-2005, 04:08 PM
i stayed in disguse too. saved alot of time... Yay! I love those dancing soldiers!!!!!!

rubah
08-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Secret door?

BG-57
08-17-2005, 07:03 PM
If you set the self destruct timer to 20 minutes or less, a door in the back of the room opens up, giving you a shortcut out of the base.