PDA

View Full Version : emeralds time limit

Shin Gouken
08-16-2005, 08:26 PM
this gets me every time! i cant be arsed to level up half my materia (meaning i can only use KOTR once then mime it) but according to the final fantasy guru (my buddy paul :)) i can morph a ghost ship to get an item i can exchange for under water materia which will get rid of the time limit. problem is the ghost ships are in the under water reactor which has now been closed off. the ghost ships appear in the battle arena too, but i may have to fight several battles befor he shows up and then may get flipped out the arena (bloody annoyin that!) anyone know if there is a way around this?

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 08:28 PM
i'm gonna have to say stick with the battle arena. but i never knew the underwater reactor could be closed off... O.o

Shin Gouken
08-16-2005, 08:30 PM
i'm gonna have to say stick with the battle arena. but i never knew the underwater reactor could be closed off... O.o

hmmm well i cant get in there. unless im trying to get in the wrong way *thinks*

TheSpoonyBard
08-16-2005, 08:30 PM
You've got many choices open to you. You can i) level up your materia; ii) fight in the battle square and morph the Ghost Ship there or; iii) give up and play another game until you decide which of the other options you'd prefer.

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 08:33 PM
yeah i don't even think it's necessary if you use the method of no skill lol. just kotr=w summon and mime. oh well.

Shin Gouken
08-16-2005, 08:34 PM
You've got many choices open to you. You can i) level up your materia; ii) fight in the battle square and morph the Ghost Ship there or; iii) give up and play another game until you decide which of the other options you'd prefer.

hmmmmm i might try taking on the battle arena. im not having a hard time with emerald, i dont need to level up my materia, i need to get rid of the time limit

yeah i don't even think it's necessary if you use the method of no skill lol. just kotr=w summon and mime. oh well.

i dont even want to touch KOTR. it deals out damage fast which is good for beating the time limit. i'll try to get rid of the time limit, then i can try and defeat him with some dignity

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 08:42 PM
good call and good luck. i'd prolly have a tough time beating him without kotr lol. i would need tons of final attacks and stuff. WOOT OMNISLASH!!!!! BOOM!

moogle pie.

Shin Gouken
08-16-2005, 08:48 PM
good call and good luck. i'd prolly have a tough time beating him without kotr lol. i would need tons of final attacks and stuff. WOOT OMNISLASH!!!!! BOOM!

moogle pie.

i guess im still not doing it legit though :( i have 99 megalixers. but i'll try loadsa different aproaches to him and find ways of beating him

TheSpoonyBard
08-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Quadra Magic linked to mastered Gravity used with W-Magic is a good starting point. You could implement a HP and MP Absorb in there somewhere too if you so wished. That's 79,992 damage per turn, which isn't bad.

Another way to beat Emerald WEAPON is to master a maximum of eight Mimes and copy Omnislash, Highwind, Ungarmax or Doom of the Living. The other two characters would have to remain idle for this to work though.

Aidan
08-16-2005, 09:03 PM
the inside of the underwater reactor is closed off... true. however, the place that you encounter ghost ships are NOT closed off, therefore you can still morph them at any point in the game. and yes, you could morph them at the battle arena.

Shin Gouken
08-16-2005, 09:04 PM
Quadra Magic linked to mastered Gravity used with W-Magic is a good starting point. You could implement a HP and MP Absorb in there somewhere too if you so wished. That's 79,992 damage per turn, which isn't bad.

Another way to beat Emerald WEAPON is to master a maximum of eight Mimes and copy Omnislash, Highwind, Ungarmax or Doom of the Living. The other two characters would have to remain idle for this to work though.

the w-magic plus quadra magic is already part of my set-up. but isnt gravity the same as demi? i would of thought he would be immune to that. if not then that is definitley going to be tried.

does having more than one mime mean you can mime something more than once in the same time? if so then that is awesome.there is so much i dont know :)

TheSpoonyBard
08-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Gravity is the name of the Materia that grants you the Demi spells. Emerald is not immune to gravity damage, so it's quite handy.

Having multiple Mimes allows you to mime something more than once per turn, up to a maximum of eight times. The same applies for CounterAttack, Counter and Magic Counter materia.

Shin Gouken
08-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Gravity is the name of the Materia that grants you the Demi spells. Emerald is not immune to gravity damage, so it's quite handy.

Having multiple Mimes allows you to mime something more than once per turn, up to a maximum of eight times. The same applies for CounterAttack, Counter and Magic Counter materia.

im totally gunna destroy emerald :D watch this space

G SpOtZ
08-16-2005, 09:11 PM
i had a feeling you could still go down there. oh my god. let me tell you guys a story.

okay so i lose my ps1 memory card and i'm looking and looking for weaks. it was a good one, the double packed thing with the 30 save files. i had like EVERYTHING (from ffiv to ffix and ct and cc) in there and i lost it. i've been looking and looking ALLLL over the house, and i never brought it anywhere out of the house, so it has to be here. i went on vacation for a month, still not satisfied. i come back and realize, geez, i really haven't played any games for awhile, especially ffvii! so i'm getting the game and the ps2 n i figure out that i STILL haven't found my ps1 memory card! pissed and pissed i looked around the house 738294732 times, with no luck. i still haven't found it, and i have no idea where it is. no freaking clue at all. so, frustrated, i decide to just order a cheap, regular, 3 dollar ps1 memory card which will be coming within 1 to 2 days. but i'll never be satisfied until i find my beloved ps1 filled memory card.

the end.

isn't that weak? poor me without my memories in the memory card...

boys from the dwarf
08-17-2005, 11:13 AM
if you can only cast KoTR once use the mime materia and youll be able to cast it a few more times.

-N-
08-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Hero Drink + (Final Attack+Mime)<sub>8</sub> * Omnislash. Don't need Underwater. :D

Rengori
08-17-2005, 05:29 PM
the inside of the underwater reactor is closed off... true. however, the place that you encounter ghost ships are NOT closed off, therefore you can still morph them at any point in the game.
Even on Disk 1?

MAS82587
08-17-2005, 06:05 PM
does anyone actually know what happens if the timer runs out? is there like a special way that ur party members die?

Rhi
08-17-2005, 06:11 PM
hmmmmmm.......i dunno but keep healing yourself and DONT use underwater and you'll find out

Rengori
08-17-2005, 06:26 PM
You die becaues, well, you're underwater.

Rhi
08-17-2005, 06:50 PM
way to point out the obvious, but the question isnt 'do you die?' its 'is there a special way that you die?'

Rengori
08-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Like I said, you're underwater. Give Cloud and all them a medal for being able to hold their breath for 20 minutes.

Shin Gouken
08-17-2005, 08:55 PM
way to point out the obvious, but the question isnt 'do you die?' its 'is there a special way that you die?'

and the answer is no. the screen fades and the game over screen comes up. pretty disapointing. we should see them drown. they just kinda stand there while the screen goes black.

Rhi
08-17-2005, 09:16 PM
awww how boring

G SpOtZ
08-17-2005, 11:14 PM
just when there's like 5 seconds left, they should start struggling and bubbles should come out of their mouth then it blackens.
after that, you see a cutscene with emerald weapon wearing a baby bib, holding a fork and knife and you see a nice meal of heros. (aeris is for desert)

that would be great. they shoulda put that in there.

eestlinc
08-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Even on Disk 1?
I don't think you can even get the morph materia on disc one.

General-Beatrix
08-18-2005, 01:27 AM
What are you people saying! I got down at the Underwater reactor easy as 123. Go past the soldiers, get to elevator, talk to the lady, BOOM you're there. I did this at Disk 3.

Masamune·1600
08-18-2005, 01:33 AM
Ghost Ships first become available on Disc 2, when it's necessary to complete the Underwater Reactor Huge Materia quest. After this event, the Reactor itself is sealed. However, the glass passage leading to the locked door is permanently available once accessed, and this is where Ghost Ships are encountered. A finishing blow with Morph will change one into a Guide Book, which can be traded to the Kalm Traveller for the Underwater materia.

As far as Battle Square goes, a Ghost Ship often appears as the final enemy in the sequence (Discs 2 and 3). While it would certainly be easier to Morph one with the full party (especially since the Ship can never use Goannai on all three characters), it's certainly possible in Battle. I'd recommend using a number of Hero Drinks in the early rounds to increase Morph (and other) damage; excluding overly debilitating slot penalties, a powerful character should be able to Morph a Ghost Ship within a few turns.

Acquiring the Underwater materia is doubtlessly less taxing than mastering/creating the necessary materia for most "quick" strategies. Those strategies, however, generally guarantee victory.

One can find Morph materia in the Temple of the Ancients, so it can certainly come into play on the first disc.

eestlinc
08-18-2005, 04:05 AM
I don't even remember where disc 1 ends :D

Cruise Control
08-18-2005, 04:12 AM
Aeris dies, you fignt Jenova, Aeris gets a funeral, then it ends.

Rengori
08-18-2005, 04:30 AM
You don't need spoiler tags for

G SpOtZ
08-18-2005, 05:02 AM
omg. i was only in the middle of disc one. wtf. the game is ruined. i'll never play ff again.

Mercen-X
08-18-2005, 05:14 AM
Even on Disk 1?
What is wrong with you, lady? - Sorry, Madagascar moment.

You get Morph inside the Temple of the Ancients, yo.

eestlinc
08-18-2005, 05:34 AM

Rengori
08-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Okay, bbomber72000 said it first.

MAS82587
08-18-2005, 05:47 PM
lol did u really forget?! thats like the only disk that i can actually remember how it ends.

WildRaubtier
08-18-2005, 09:21 PM
The time limit is meaningless. If you're not wasting time with summons you'll clear it with plenty of time to spare.

eestlinc
08-18-2005, 09:30 PM
lol did u really forget?! thats like the only disk that i can actually remember how it ends.
Does it end when Aeris dies? I haven't played through ff7 in at least two years.

TheSpoonyBard
08-18-2005, 11:38 PM
Disc 1 ends with Aeris' death and funeral, a battle with Jenova-LIFE and a pep talk from Cloud in which he vows to continue onwards to defeat Sephiroth and save the planet despite Jenova's control over him.

G SpOtZ
08-19-2005, 01:16 AM
then they all ate some moogle pie to celebrate the weak ones going-away.

Shoden
08-21-2005, 01:02 AM
i'm trying it with the time limit better work

McTyzermo
08-21-2005, 01:35 AM
screw KOTR that just makes him uses his big assed 9999 to evryone attack. just get yourself the 4x cut and 1 mime and use your 3 best phisical charicters two of which 4x attack the crap out of him and 1 to heal, with the occasional limit brake, he souldn't use his main attack then and hopefully you'll beat him within 20 minits. that's how i did it anyway.

Shoden
08-21-2005, 01:58 AM
my line up on Cloud:

KOTR (lv 2) Mime, Final attack phoenix and W summon with 2 mastered HP pluses

i beat emerald this way

G SpOtZ
08-21-2005, 01:59 AM
i think i mastered kotr once... nothing special at all. in fact i was disappointed in myself for being such a loser to get that far. XD

The legendary Shadow
08-30-2005, 09:48 PM
I had beaten him in this way.every1 has fully heal materia,doublestrike mstered and the rest counter master.if you get hurt you will counter many times and can heal yourself in your turn.he will alway attack you and get countered.it should not take much time to beat him like that.

Rengori
08-30-2005, 10:36 PM
I had beaten him in this way.every1 has doublestrike mstered
I don't.

The legendary Shadow
08-30-2005, 10:39 PM
i had beaten him very often in different ways,but thats another cool way,i never heard of some1 else using this strategy

Rengori
08-30-2005, 10:48 PM
i had beaten him very often in different ways,but thats another cool way,i never heard of some1 else using this strategy
What on EOFF are you talking about?