PDA

View Full Version : Another Dont you hate it when

Max
08-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Your watching tv and you see commercials about movies and they show you almost every exiting part the movie has to offer. I mean this is just me but i see a movie to be exited, so for me there's no point in even seeing the movie. I also hate it when they say the movie is 2 thumbs up before the movie even comes out. They think just because some dumb movie critic says its,"Two Thumbs Up", means that were gonna think its the best move ever. Havnt you noticed they say that for every movie?

Drift
08-16-2005, 11:00 PM
eestlinc doesnt like me and my threads :( therefore i dislike eestlinc. aint pushed me into hate yet.

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-16-2005, 11:04 PM
I may be mistaken but I think it may be a marketing stratgey: they pay people to say a movie is good so people will go psend their cash and see it. I have never seen this done before however. I think they should get genuine people, like all those nice characters you see on infomercials, to give an unbiased view of the movie.

Old Manus
08-16-2005, 11:05 PM
I also hate it when I walk out of the cinema feeling disappointed and only when I get home I realise I only watched the trailer.

eestlinc
08-16-2005, 11:10 PM
:(

Drift
08-16-2005, 11:12 PM
:(

your fault.

eestlinc
08-16-2005, 11:24 PM
I don't hate your threads, we just don't approve of "Who do you hate" threads as a staff.

Drift
08-16-2005, 11:47 PM
I don't hate your threads, we just don't approve of "Who do you hate" threads as a staff.
we? or is it just you? would it be better as who do you dislike?

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-17-2005, 12:38 AM
'Who do you want to kill?' threads are the best.

Rye
08-17-2005, 12:41 AM
I don't even go to the movies anymore. There are no good movies lately that I want to see. I guess I'll have to wait until Pirates of the Carribean 2 or Spiderman 3 for a good movie, everything these days are BAD sequals and remakes. At least these look like good sequals. Spiderman has never let me down. :)

Doncha' hate the fact that Hollywood and music can't even be slightly original anymore. They went from sampling everything in sight to just becoming lazy and remaking everything.

Mercen-X
08-17-2005, 02:04 AM
I guess I'll have to wait until Pirates of the Carribean 2 or Spiderman 3 for a good movie, everything these days are BAD sequals and remakes. At least these look like good sequals. Spiderman has never let me down. :)
*gasp* You hate X-Men?

Event Horizon, Sin City, Peter Pan (not the cartoon), Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (only interest being Jango Fett, whom they killed off), Star Trek: Insurrection, The Fifth Element, Tomb Raider, Escape from L.A all did this

Leeza
08-17-2005, 03:50 AM
This should be in The Lounge.

I think we need to hear <i>some</i> information about a movie before seeing it, otherwise how will be know that we even want to see it? Too much information is not good though and will end up ruining the experience.

Drift
08-17-2005, 08:13 AM
omg we got moved?

Rusty
08-17-2005, 01:42 PM
I like to go watch the movies all the critics hate - mostly the turn out to be some of the best.

Lindy
08-17-2005, 02:31 PM
What most people seem to have missed, is that the current trailer footage for FF7:AC runs to about 20 minutes, when the "film" itself is under an hour, what's the point in that?

I mean, I'm not even going to watch the trailers for it, let alone the end product, but it's still hopelessly stupid, and things like that happen for far too many films these days. ESPECIALLY when they spoil a huge and key point of a film through a trailer, or sneak preview footage, it just gets wearing.

ThroneofDravaris
08-17-2005, 03:15 PM
I was rather pissed when in the trailer for Kill Bill vol. 2 you see the Bride use the 5 point exploding heart technique on Bill. When I then watched the movie and heard them talk about it, I already knew how he was going to die…

Bastards…

Max
08-17-2005, 05:13 PM
What most people seem to have missed, is that the current trailer footage for FF7:AC runs to about 20 minutes, when the "film" itself is under an hour, what's the point in that?

There is none, but still its better then watching some fat guy put his thumb in the air like he's Ceaser thinking he has an effect on the movies we watch. It's 2 thumbs up? Well heres one finger up.

Mr. Mojo Risin
08-17-2005, 05:20 PM
The people who make the trailers should make the movies.

Mercen-X
08-17-2005, 07:18 PM
omg we got moved?
When I decided to look for this thread, my first instinct was to come to the Lounge. Eerie.

I add Final Fantasy: the Spirits Within to the list. It should have been at the beginning, but hey, I forgot.

Del Murder
08-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Most of the time the previews don't show the best parts.

Dreddz
08-18-2005, 10:16 AM
I went along with the Movie Crash advert, I saw and I loved, so there not all bad

Max
08-22-2005, 04:50 AM
=/

Sephex
08-22-2005, 05:20 AM
The main reason why I didn't see Hide and Seek is because they made it so obvious what the HUGE plot twist was in the previews.

Drift
08-23-2005, 09:05 PM
The main reason why I didn't see Hide and Seek is because they made it so obvious what the HUGE plot twist was in the previews.
did they? i never noticed