PDA

View Full Version : Remake it!

Dudius
08-17-2005, 01:16 AM
If you watch the movie with commentary from the Japanese producers, near the end during the crater scene, they'll talk about a huge summon battle with Ramuh and a few others between each planet's lifestream. Both were going to summon up huge monsters and have a huge battle.

The only thing that kept them from doing this was because the released scene had already taken up so much memory that it wasn't really possible to do the huge battle scene. So now with all of the technological advances happening, don't you think that if they added that scene, plus editing it to make it more Final Fantasy-like, it would actually make it an awsome movie? I sure think so.

Shoeberto
08-17-2005, 01:36 AM
I think they'd have to change a lot more than just the final scene in order to make it more Final Fantasy-like. That scene sounds like it'd be horribly out of place considering the atmosphere of the rest of the film.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-17-2005, 01:37 AM
Making the movie once financially crippled the company in a way that was only remedied by merging with Enix. I think they'd prefer to just try to forget it ever happened, especially now that Sakaguchi is gone.

Necronopticous
08-17-2005, 01:43 AM
In the commentary they say that the conflicting lifestreams were going to make natural disasters happen on the planet, namely a large typhoon. Then a few minutes later they make a joke about having Gods and mythical creatures in the background in the original cut. They don't mention Ramuh or any other Final Fantasy summon, and as Hsu said it would be horribly out of place if they actually did do that. Anyway, I don't think the movie needs any help, I think it is an amazing film just the way it is.

Dudius
08-17-2005, 03:35 AM
sorry I got the Ramuh part from the concept art that they had on there. It does in fact show summons and one that sort of looks like ramuh, and I know they mentioned it somewhere. Im not sure if it's in one of those weird "hidden" selections on one of the menues. There are a few of those, the only one I remember of is on the DVD-ROM page. Go all the way to the right and you get a little hidden selection in Kanji and get to see models of Aki in a Bakini and in a leather suit :P