PDA

View Full Version : Other Names

Strider
08-17-2005, 05:00 AM
Do you know if your parents were considering other names for you when you were going to be born?

My mom, I know, was in the middle of her 80s rock kick when she was pregnant with me, and as such nearly named me Steven Tyler before she was talked out of it. Steven Tyler [surname]...?

http://www.berklee.edu/commencement/2003/images/tyler.jpg

I'm kinda glad some people talked sense into her.

Necronopticous
08-17-2005, 05:05 AM
If I was a girl, which everyone thought I was going to be until I actually came out of my mother, I was going to be named Jessica.

rubah
08-17-2005, 05:06 AM
I could've been Jessica, Stephanie, or Jack Warren. Or Jillian.

Jack and Jillian. Oh my.

[edit- Oh *my* Necronoptiwhatevericus and I are almost-name twins:OOOO]

themagicroundabout
08-17-2005, 05:07 AM
Chad apparently :p dont know if thats better or worse than the name i ended up with :p

Necronopticous
08-17-2005, 05:08 AM
D;

Shoeberto
08-17-2005, 05:09 AM
My mom, I know, was in the middle of her 80s rock kick when she was pregnant with me, and as such nearly named me Steven Tyler before she was talked out of it. Steven Tyler [surname]...?

I have a cousin whose first an middle name are Steven Tyler. It's one of the most ridiculous things ever.

As far as I know, my parents weren't considering any other names for me.

Meat Puppet
08-17-2005, 05:26 AM
accident. :(

Hawkeye
08-17-2005, 05:27 AM
Yeah, I was an accident too, but I sitll got a name.

Reles
08-17-2005, 05:29 AM
Michelle, Tara, Sarah, Melissa, or Alyssa. They chose Alyssa. o.-

If I were born a couple of days earlier (on my dad's best friends birthday) he would of gotten the pleasure of naming me and my name would of been Sarah Michelle.

Madonna
08-17-2005, 05:43 AM
My name was staked out and written in stone when the knew I was a boy. My little brother's name had some debate, though; his name was originally supposed to be CG, but the nurse asked, "What does that stand for?" My mom told the nurse that it stood for "Charles George" and the lady wrote it down on the birth certificate, first and middle name. When we heard the story from Dad, Charles was so thankful for the nurse's mistake. I mean, really.

I would have liked the name CG, though. /artdork

eestlinc
08-17-2005, 05:48 AM
nope, I was going to be named after Saint Brendan no matter what.

Madonna
08-17-2005, 05:57 AM
You would've been a hot Brenda.

eestlinc
08-17-2005, 05:57 AM
yes, I got a free subscription to Women's World magazine sent to Brenda McNamara once. I think one of my friends was messing with me.

kikimm
08-17-2005, 06:11 AM
Gwendolyna.

Okay, that was actually what my friend's mom might have been named, but I had to put it. As for me, my parents never considered anything else. Although if I had been born in Sweden, like they were thinking, my name woul have been *some Swedish name that I don't know how to spell*; oh well.

:D

Yamaneko
08-17-2005, 06:13 AM
Ivonne Vasilyevich.

Jojee
08-17-2005, 06:53 AM
Probably Chong Wong Pong or something. *shrugs* My parents still couldn't think of a name after like two months so my grandpa named me xD

Mercen-X
08-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Thomas and my middle name was going to be Lawrence, but it ended up being William. ^-^ My uncle's first and middle are Thomas Lawrence! Eerie.

I have no idea if my brother or myself were intended to have alternate names. I know my brother's middle name was my father's middle name. I think his first name was my grandfather's middle name. My middle name was the middle name of a close friend of my dad (who committed suicide :x_x: ) and my name is my dad's name.

Lilian
08-17-2005, 08:08 AM
My parents considered both Rebecca and Megan for me before settling on Abagail Elizabeth. And I like both Rebecca and Megan better than my actual name. Go figure. O_o

Rusty
08-17-2005, 08:13 AM
I was almost named Jamie-Lee, it's a nice name, but I'm so glad they named me Chloe.

boris no no
08-17-2005, 09:27 AM
well i was meant to be a boy twin so i was going to be callum.
so it would of been cathrine and callum
but i turned out to be a girl so didn;t have a name for ages.
they settled on ruth because they're sad ;p
my younger brother is called callum though
oh and they were going to call my older brother dougal xDDDDDDDDDDDDD but they thought kids would pick on him for it!
*calls child dougal* what an awesome name! xD

Shlup
08-17-2005, 09:32 AM
My aunt tried to insist they name me Maynard but it didn't take. She always called me Maynard though, and it'll be my first daughter's middle name. And if she hates it she's grounded!

Old Manus
08-17-2005, 12:13 PM
"What the hell just happened"

Rye
08-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Danielle. I'm SO happy they chose Jessica instead.

Kamiko
08-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Lacey... [dies]
and Corin which is cool...
And Lisette, which I like also.

Zeldy
08-17-2005, 01:55 PM
I was going to be called either Victoria or Charlotte, But they dont like how you can shorten them to 'Vicky' and 'Charly'

Chris
08-17-2005, 01:59 PM
I was orignally meant to be named "Christian" but unfortuantely they chose "Reno" instead. My only comfort is that there's red haired guy in FFVII named "Reno" as well. :(

*dies*

Kamiko
08-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Reno is sexy like Chris!! [fangirl scream]

Zeldy
08-17-2005, 02:00 PM
I was orignally meant to be named "Christian" but unfortuantely they chose "Reno" instead. My only comfort is that there's red haired guy in FFVII named "Reno" as well. :(

*dies*
Reno is very Unique, Its cute too

Pheesh
08-17-2005, 02:35 PM
apparently, if i was i girl i would have been called josephine.

Peace out and :rock:
EE

Chibi Angel
08-17-2005, 03:39 PM
My dad wanted to name me Eve but my mom wouldn't let him thank god they thought of Rebecca but decieded on Rachel instead. If I was a boy I would have been Levi or Noah or something like that.. glad I turned out a girl.

Silmaril
08-17-2005, 03:55 PM
My favourite name is Aml, and i was supposed to be called Aml but my parents changed it to Amenah on the last minute. ( i hate my name)

Breine
08-17-2005, 07:40 PM
My parents didn't know what to call me so they told my big brother that he could choose. He decided to name me after one of his best friends. At the time he had two really good friends, which are called Christian and Claus. He decided to call me Christian, and my parents obviously liked it... They only changed it so that it's Kristian instead of Christian, which I'm glad that they did 'cause that way of spelling it is more rare and unique... And, I actually like my name :)

I've been told that if I was a girl I was going to be named Jeannett [Sha'net] after some friends' daughter... Which is also a nice name.

KoShiatar
08-17-2005, 08:27 PM
Nope. My mother chose the name for me and always stuck to that. Apparently, she was always 100% sure I'd be a girl (there was no echography at the time). If I had been a boy, I'm not sure she would even give me a name at all... O__o' She even always told me that one day, she proposed mt dad "Let's have another baby girl, we'll call her Francesca", and so she did.

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-17-2005, 10:38 PM
My parents were going to call me William. Imagine how different our lives would be if our names were not what they are now? Maybe they would be different, maybe we all would be different people. Who knows? I always think about that, or sometimes at least.

Levian
08-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Christine. Imagine the horror when I came out with a penis.

fire_of_avalon
08-17-2005, 11:59 PM
I was going to be an Ian, but I came out girly so I became Megan Lynn.

GooeyToast
08-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Aaron

damn them.

Mercen-X
08-18-2005, 12:25 AM
My parents were going to call me William. Imagine how different our lives would be if our names were not what they are now? Maybe they would be different, maybe we all would be different people. Who knows? I always think about that, or sometimes at least.
I wouldn't be any different. I'd be as hopeless and lonely and lamented as ever. The only thing that could alter my personality is if my brother was still alive. He was rambunctious tike. Competition with that little freak would definitely give me drive to get the things I'm after. Damn you horrible fate and cool ass flames I used to be obsessed with at the tender age of 6. DAMN YOU!

Del Murder
08-18-2005, 04:12 AM
My dad wanted to name me Chase Manhattan.

rubah
08-18-2005, 04:19 AM
I was going to be an Ian, but I came out girly so I became Megan Lynn.
You would've been lucky either way!:D

Especially after reading Jurassic Park, I've liked the name Ian xD

Polnareff
08-18-2005, 04:31 AM

*dies*

I'd rather be named "Reno" than "Christian", which is precisely what my name is. Ick. There's so many problems with me having the name Christian that it's not even funny :P My middle name's barely even a name and it's worse than my first, so I can't go by it :P

I probably would have liked it more if it were spelled with a "K" instead.

Maybe I should have my name changed soon >.>

Calliope
08-18-2005, 08:56 AM
Tony: I'm stealing that name to use as a pseudonym.

Amanda: I'm forcing your future daughter to marry Bleys.

Thread: I don't know, I should ask my parents.

Jebus
08-18-2005, 09:01 AM

*dies*

If you think about it. In Japanese, the letters R and L are the same. And in Latin, Leno is basically the genitive form of the word for "pimp" or "brothel owner" :D?

Anyway. As far as I know, I was always supposed to be Charles, and even my nickname, Chase, was predetermined. My mom got them out of one of her crappy romance novels.

Although my brother was supposed to have been named Elijah Blue. xD

thw waxing moon
08-18-2005, 05:34 PM
i was alwases going to be to be called phillip but my dad was at the regester me as philip
just think if he had drunk more brandy what i would have been called

Jess
08-19-2005, 05:22 PM
I could of been called:
*Poppy
*Lauren (my middle name)
*Illilia (sp?)
*Chyna
*Chelsea

:D

NeoTifa
08-19-2005, 05:25 PM
if i had been a girl, mum woulda named me kendale, olivia, or rachael. other guy names she was gonna name me were james, michael, or vincent XD

Shauna
08-19-2005, 05:46 PM
I think my name coulda been Carmen... but my mum didnt like that. So, I wasnt. ^_^

:love:

Doomie
08-19-2005, 05:48 PM
My parents wanted to call me Scarlet Whimperfeather if I was a girl. When I turned out to be a male, they called me Erik.

crashNUMBERS
08-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Yeah. I was originally gonna be named Daniel. But my sister suggested Douglas. So thats what I am today...

NeoTifa
08-19-2005, 06:52 PM
daniel sounds better

then if you add le to the end :p