PDA

View Full Version : "Boost-able" Attacks Commands...

Peter_20
08-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Is it correct that Thievery, Dragonīs Crest and Frog Drop are attacks that you can boost up to 9999 DMG,
and then let it stay there?

karlabaines
08-17-2005, 08:33 AM
From drop only increases by the amount of frogs you capture. Im not sre if its boostable.

Necronopticous
08-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Frog Drop damage is calculated (Number of frogs Quina has caught x Quina's level), so at level 99, you would have to catch 101 frogs for Frog Drop to do 9999 damage every turn.

Thievery damage is calculated (speed/2 x number of items stolen) so you can raise it to 9999 damage every turn.

Dragon's Crest damage is raised permanately every time you kill a dragon, so kill enough dragons and you'll be doing 9999 damage with this one too.

Peter_20
08-17-2005, 08:59 AM
Wow...
Soon my favourite party will probably be like Zidane - Quina - Vivi - Freya or something. :D

Zidane - Thievery
Quina - Frog Drop/White Wind
Vivi - Flare/Doomsday
Freya - Dragonīs Crest/Reiīs Wind

Yeees! :love:

boys from the dwarf
08-17-2005, 11:34 AM
i never use steiner but if you use doomsday sword when vivis with you as well it damages the enemy only.

Peter_20
08-17-2005, 12:03 PM
i never use steiner but if you use doomsday sword when vivis with you as well it damages the enemy only.

I think the normal Doomsday is the best spell in the game.
Equip your chars with Ninja Gear or some Shadow-absorbing stuff and the magic in question either nullifies or heals you! :D

SeeDRankLou
08-17-2005, 05:22 PM
Wow...
Soon my favourite party will probably be like Zidane - Quina - Vivi - Freya or something. :D

Zidane - Thievery
Vivi - Flare/Doomsday

For Quina, an easier but more risky way for him/her to do 9999 damage is to get Quina's HP to be 1 and use Limit Glove. Keep Quina at 1 HP and Quina can do Limit Glove every turn. If Quina gets killed, you can use the Auto-Life support ability. If Quina's HP is more than 1, have Quina cast Auto-life on him/herself and kill Quina, hopefully his/her HP will be 1 this time.

For Vivi, if you use Reflectx2 and Auto-Reflect, you can bounce spells off of yourself and hit the enemy for double, although you can't target this way is there is more than one enemy. But nothing is immune to Flare.

Peter_20
08-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Wow...

Zidane - Thievery
Vivi - Flare/Doomsday

For Quina, an easier but more risky way for him/her to do 9999 damage is to get Quina's HP to be 1 and use Limit Glove.

Thatīs also an optinion, especially considering the fact you get it pretty early (Chestnuts close to Chocobo Forest).
And actually, putting Quina on 1 HP is pretty easy; simply cast Matra Magic on her a few times (it might fail), and make sure Zidane has the "Protect Girls" Ability equipped.
This way, she (Quina is a female, considering the effect of Zidaneīs earlier mentioned Ability) will stay pretty safe with this 1 HP; very, very long, if you are lucky.

...That rules! :D