PDA

View Full Version : Who cares what they say...

Princess_Yuna
08-17-2005, 05:30 PM
Hello guys if you had a relationship would you care about what the others say?

Doomie
08-17-2005, 05:33 PM

No.

Optium
08-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Depends what the other person says.

.opt

ZuZu
08-17-2005, 05:34 PM
in my case, yes

Zeldy
08-17-2005, 05:43 PM
I would too, i think.. i dont know.. Ill tell you when I actually have a boyfriend

Jebus
08-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Who are these "others" you speak of?

Lindy
08-17-2005, 05:47 PM
I love how it's "if", 'cause you know, nobody who uses the internet could ever have a relationship.

THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS, THERE IS NO ROOM FOR LOVE IN IT'S COLD AND DIGITIAL FORM!

Rye
08-17-2005, 05:50 PM
I really don't care what anyone says about my relationship, but no one says anything, so yay.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks as long as the two people are happy.

rubah
08-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Only if they're saying good things.

Aphelion
08-17-2005, 05:54 PM
If anyone was saying anything stupid about my relationship, I'd just give them a beating or two, so... Seriously, no, I wouldn't care at all... I'd just make them remember they should mind their business and their business alone... *draws plastic sword*

T-MaN
08-17-2005, 06:26 PM

Hell no.

Faris
08-17-2005, 08:45 PM
I would too, i think.. i dont know.. Ill tell you when I actually have a boyfriend

Meat Puppet
08-17-2005, 09:16 PM
I just care if my friends think I'm cool and give me high fives for it.
Then we go play some high impact sports and break each others NECKS.

Shoeberto
08-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Depends on who's saying what.

Reles
08-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Don't care, as long as I'm happy and I like my significant other.

Old Manus
08-17-2005, 10:24 PM
It would be cool if someone broke the mould and said yes.

Yes.

Sapphiresea
08-17-2005, 10:31 PM
Naa who cares!

SomethingBig
08-17-2005, 10:39 PM
If you care the slightest bit about what other people say, then you shouldn't even be in that relationship.

Ryth
08-17-2005, 10:45 PM
I don't care what anyone says about my lover I'll stay with her forever. I'll be there for her.

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-17-2005, 10:57 PM
No! I'm proud to still be dating my dead girlfriend.

Miriel
08-17-2005, 11:01 PM
It would be cool if someone broke the mould and said yes.

Yes.

I say yes too.

I care about and value the opinons of my best friends. So yes, I would care if my friends told me that they liked the guy, cause having the support of friends is always a good thing. If they hated the guy, then there might be issues that I'd want to look into. Ultimately the only people who matter are the two people in the relationship, but that doesn't mean that I would completely disregard the thoughts and feelings of the other very important people in my life.

udsuna
08-17-2005, 11:06 PM
No! I'm proud to still be dating my dead girlfriend.

EEWWW!

Anyways, I guess you must define "care". It certainly would not affect my relationship in any way. But it might just make me a little unhappy with whomever's making whatever comment. A cousin of mine once called my (then) girlfriend a few (mostly racist and misogynic) names... she was black, FYI... I cared enough about what he said to break his nose, so, yeah. Didn't make me think twice about her, though.

Seymour_Guado_Goth
08-17-2005, 11:08 PM
No because I would just kill them all

Kamiko
08-17-2005, 11:20 PM
Depends on the person I suppose.
If it was one of my close friends, I would value their opinion because I know that they would mean what they said.

Reles
08-17-2005, 11:37 PM
I still say no. As long as I'm happy is what I'm sticking with, my significant other has nothing to do with my friends anyway, the internet's kinda different like that. I'm not going to betray my boyfriend if a close friend of mine hates him, because fact is, my boyfriend is my best friend.

Optium
08-18-2005, 12:18 AM
I thought she was asking, "would you care what the other person in the
relationship has to say?" Guess not though.

.opt

Little Miss Awesome
08-18-2005, 12:31 AM
If your happy with the person and the person treats you right then nobody should bother you!

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-18-2005, 12:45 AM
EEWWW!I do not care what you say.

-N-
08-18-2005, 01:27 AM
How did you not win Best Newbie. xD

Anyways, who are these "others", as Jebus has been so acute to query?

Quina
08-18-2005, 02:58 AM
I don't even care about what my lover says.

Cruise Control
08-18-2005, 04:00 AM
No, if I was intrested enough to have a relationship, I must be in love, and would be oblivious to the world around me.

Jojee
08-18-2005, 06:22 AM
Too much talking, too little action.

Princess_Yuna
08-18-2005, 05:45 PM
I mean the other people! :p

Leene
08-18-2005, 06:01 PM
:save:no,not really:save:

kikimm
08-18-2005, 06:06 PM
One of my boyfriends and I broke up for this reason, actually. When it came down to it, though, that reason was...nothing when compared. I'll save you all from the horrible details, though. DON'T WORRY.

So, besides that particular time, I really don't/didn't care. It doesn't matter. I'll listen to other people's opinions who matter, of course. And try to take it into consideration.

:D

Jebus
08-19-2005, 08:40 AM

I still don't quite know what you mean, but I'm gonna go ahead and say no anyway, cause I don't really care what people think of me.

Princess_Yuna
08-19-2005, 10:21 AM
OK then..............

kawaiileena
08-19-2005, 10:44 AM
No, but it just depends. I mean, who cares about what they say? They're just jealous... Hahhaa... jokezzZ!!! Anyways, yeah, nope. But, of course, if it gets too far, you have to protect your right and your relationship. :p

Drift
08-19-2005, 10:57 AM
i duno cause i've never been in that situation ^_^

Boosk
08-19-2005, 12:39 PM
It shouldnt matter what others think. Even closest friends. Unless they have good reason.

Kagga :love:

crazybayman
08-19-2005, 01:44 PM
If they're saying nasty things.......

........f#ck 'em! who cares! :D

Optium
08-19-2005, 04:17 PM
The other person in the relationship, or the other people who aren't in the
relationship?

.opt

Princess_Yuna
08-19-2005, 05:02 PM
The others who aren't in the relationship!Oh......come on if it was the person who was in the relationship I think you would care about what he/she would say!Finally I don't think it's difficult to understand it because I use plural......(the others)......

NeoTifa
08-19-2005, 05:06 PM
no. i never did, never will. why should you. its what you want, not what they want. its you that they're with, not them. why should you care?

unless they are totally worthless and what the "others" are saying makes sense and you can tell they're not lying

disapointedchild
08-19-2005, 05:52 PM
I could care less. Words, hurt in the least amount. Action however are a lot more brutal.

NeoTifa
08-19-2005, 06:48 PM
well, yes. you dont want your friends to beat you up becasue you are going out w/ quazimodoella or something i guess XD

Princess_Yuna
08-19-2005, 07:55 PM
I could care less. Words, hurt in the least amount. Action however are a lot more brutal.
That's true!

Optium
08-19-2005, 09:51 PM
The fact is you used the word "the" in front of others, which was cause
for confusion. Thanks for clearing it up without having an attitude though.

Oh.

But a lot of times if someone says something about a relationship that
you're in, those people are single themselves. So either they do have
super high standards, which would sort of go along with them looking down
on you for having low standards, or they're jelous. The latter is usually
the case.

.opt

Zante
08-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Not realy.

Nick :)
08-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Well if I loved someone, I would not give a fudge what anyone would say.

Mitch
08-24-2005, 11:06 AM
None of my friends like the girl im going out with at the mo (and i mean NONE of them) but i just dont mix them together and its all okay

boris no no
08-24-2005, 11:14 AM
i don't care what peoople think
i <3 my boyfriend lots
so poo everyone else! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Princess_Yuna
08-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Yes you are right guys if you love someone you don't care!

Resha
08-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Depends. If it's someone like my parents or my really close friends, hell yeah I'd care.

ThroneofDravaris
08-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Anyone who has the indecency to comment on someone else’s relationships probably isn’t worth listening to.

…Unless said relationship was with some form of animal. Then I might understand.

Princess_Yuna
08-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Hehehehehehe..................

08-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Well I say who gives a damn what people think if you love someone. Oh welly. Anyway, I'm heartbroken at the moment. The girl I loved...Her name was Laura. I loved her so much, strange thing was, we had only been going out for 2weeks. I kinda fell in love at first sight. I know it sounds corny, but it's true. The first day we met, I had loads o' butterflies. And eventually, we kissed. Then decided we'll go out with eachother. So went well for a week or two and I went round her house etc. But then, not long ago there was this local gig. So I decided to go and Laura went with her mates. Started off ok, but then she started getting weary so she needed some fresh air (She's anaemic - which means she doesn't have enough blood in her body and when she gets hot, she needs to cool off or she'll get all fainty). Anyway I let her go outside with her mate. Then she hadn't come back for 15mins, so I decided to go and see her. She looked a bit upset, so I tried to comfort her and I put my arm round her. I don't know what it was, but she felt cold. Not cold physically, cold emotionally. She wasn't doing anything; she just sat there looking miserable. So I kept asking her what was wrong and she said it was nothing and she just felt a bit dizzy. Then I asked "Is there anything you wanna tell me?" and she said yes. I knew it. Dammit! I knew what was coming. So I said "Look just save it, ok? I don't want any of this 'Let's just be friends' bullshot. If you don't wanna go out with me, then don't. I'm used to this happening anyway, it's not exactly the first time a girl has done this to me..." and she was like saying sorry and stuff. I told her it's not her fault, it's mine. Because I should have never fallen in love with her if this was gunna happen. All that stuff she said about "I love you and I have never felt the way I feel about you with anyone else" was obviously a lie. She said she's dumping me because she's had a bad expierence of boys. That still doesn't make sense. Frankly, I don't think I will ever understand girls or women.

Nick.

Big D
08-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Would I care what others think...?

Depends. On who's thinking what.
If my friends had serious, genuine concerns about the relationship, then sure I'd care. When you're attracted to someone it's very easy to lose your sense of objectivity, and overlook some glaringly bad details. People make all kinds of irrational choices because of love or lust.
So, if your friends are trying to tell you something, then it's possible they actually have a point.
Unless they're just typically superficial people whose opinions you know you can't rely upon anyway.

Princess_Yuna
08-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Look if your parents just say that you are too young......what would you do?

Big D
08-25-2005, 10:12 AM
Again, it depends. I'd have to ask myself... are they just being over-protective, doing the stereotypical thing of thinking their kid is always just a kid?

Or do they really believe that I'm not mature enough for this relationship, either because I've got a lot of growing up to do, or because the other person is a lot older, or has really different priorities from someone my age?

Now, I'm 21 so my parents aren't concerned about stuff like that. But if I was YOUR age, then I could understand why any parent might be concerned.

08-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Well I'd say to my parents, "You're just saying it because of the psychological effects your parents had on you when you wanted a boyfriend or girlfriend."