PDA

View Full Version : Rumoured Street Fighter 4 is in production

Erdrick Holmes
08-17-2005, 06:33 PM
http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

Scroll down to the other section. Apperently SF4 is gonna be made using the atmoswave system, like KOFXI and Guilty Gear. It'll probably only make it on XBox 360.

DK
08-17-2005, 06:37 PM
I don't intend on getting an XBox, so this means nothing to me. Stupid Capcom.

Old Manus
08-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Why the hell is this called Street Fighter 4.

Mercen-X
08-17-2005, 06:48 PM
*says* "Nobody cares." *giddle-giddle beep* Tekken

NM
08-17-2005, 07:10 PM
I'd love it to be true, but i'm not gonna hold my breath.

Dreddz
08-17-2005, 07:47 PM
t'll probably only make it on XBox 360.
What !?!

Erdrick Holmes
08-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Well, in the states at least. If it makes it in time PAL regions might get it on PS2.

Old Manus: It's because it's a sequel to SF3.

DJZen
08-17-2005, 10:00 PM
The games go in a weird order, and each new version overrides the last.

Street Fighter
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike

Street Fighter 4 on Atomiswave would be awesome, but I thought Atomiswave was made by Sega or Sony, so I'm not sure why that means it would only be for Xbox...

Old Manus
08-17-2005, 10:10 PM
I meant there are only three words in the title. :confused:

DK
08-17-2005, 10:56 PM
What the hell is Atomiswave?

And also the guy who used to run sega or was the last developer of the dreamcast or some /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif like that is now the head developer at Xbox, it's some crap like that. Is true story, it's in either FHM or Nuts magazine, I forget which one, so that might be why it's on Xbox, unless Atomiswave is Sony, in which case I don't know.

Erdrick Holmes
08-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Atmoswave was a graphics engine specifically designed for the Dreamcast, but the 'cast kicked the bucket. So Atmoswave games were put on the PS2 and XBox.

Polnareff
08-18-2005, 01:06 AM
*says* "Nobody cares." *giddle-giddle beep* Tekken

Tekken? Is that like a super-advanced chicken?! ROFL!!!@@!21

I don't intend on getting an XBox, so this means nothing to me. Stupid Capcom.

....What are you talking about? Most of Capcom's games right now are on the PS2. Even the 2D ones. If this game does end up being 2D, they can find some game to bundle it with on PS2. If it's in 3D I won't mind, because they did a great job with Rival Schools and Star Gladiator, along with Tech Romancer.

No, SFEX doesn't count as a Capcom fighter, for you who are gonna use that as a strike. :P Arika made that one, which is why it wasn't that great (of note is that they also made Fighting Layer, a MUCH better game than SFEX, about a year after the first EX game. Hmph, maybe they hate Capcom).

Kinda sad that no one will buy the game though if it DOES come out, seeing as how most gamers of this generation were weaned on Tekken and MK. Too bad...

I'd love it to be true, but i'm not gonna hold my breath.

Well, there was something going around that SF4 won't come out until 2007-2008. But since 2D fighters are dying out, I'm pretty sure Capcom is striking while it's hot.

They did this with SF Alpha (which was supposed to release in 97) and SF3 (supposed to release in 1999) as well, which is probably one of the reasons why both games have two sequels apiece. They wanted to test the capabilities of the hardware, along with seeing how many copies each game would sell.

Erdrick Holmes
08-18-2005, 01:32 AM
They could just make it an XBox only title for the US. Europe will have it on the PS2 sence SCEE don't have sticks in their asses the size of Q-Tips. Microsoft likes 2D fighters, not only will they allow them on their console's they'll give them XBox live support.

EDIT: Sony of America will probably have it on their PS2 after the PS3's release. But if they do it sooner I think it'd be a good idea if they released it with the Alpha games packed on one disc. All SF fans would eat that up and ask for seconds.

DJZen
08-18-2005, 02:25 AM
okay, the situation you're describing just doesn't make sense....

Capcom: Hey Sony, we've got this awesome new title!
Sony: Oh? What is it?
Capcom: Street Fighter 4!
Sony: Hmmm... major cash cow franchise on our system... Pretty much a guaranteed seller... Nah, we'll pass

I just can't figure out how it would not happen.

Polnareff
08-18-2005, 02:45 AM
Capcom: Hey Sony, we've got this awesome new title!
Sony: Oh? What is it?
Capcom: Street Fighter 4!
Sony: Hmmm... major cash cow franchise on our system... Pretty much a guaranteed seller... Nah, we'll pass

I just can't figure out how it would not happen.

Sony's been biased against 2D fighters for a while now. So they require almost all 2D fighting games to be bundled (but ironically, they let CFE go without this for some reason. Maybe it was because it was released at a budget price. Also, CvS2 and GGX2 went without this because they were released before this declaration).

The game's not really guaranteed to sell because SF's fanbase has, in a nutshell, eroded to just the hardcore followers. Unless Capcom makes the jump to 3D again, then Sony will most likely refuse to let them release the game in America, that is, unless it's bundled with another game.

That's one of the reasons why SF4 is rumored to be in 3D. Of course, there's the possibility that what Darth stated will happen (they'll give Capcom some leeway and let them release it on PS2 after PS3 comes out).

Erdrick Holmes
08-18-2005, 03:18 AM
I also predict Ryu will not star in this game or at least not be the main hero. Ryu was defeated by Oro during SF3 and went into Hermatige with him Alex was defeated by Gill and Illuminati still hasn't been crushed yet. This gives room for possibly a new SF hero. Maybe some of the Alpha characters will make a return in this game. I'd love to have Sakura and Guy in this game, if they made the character roster include classics from SF1 2 and Alpha we could have a hit.