PDA

View Full Version : Bad day for English football

tomamar04
08-17-2005, 09:11 PM
Losing 4-1 to Denmark is totally unacceptable.

David James is a second rate keeper prone to mistakes, none of the team showed any passion, Erikksson made stupid substituions (Hargreaves? Jenas? JAMES!!!!!?!?!?!)

Hopefully we can put in a decent performance against the Welsh in a few weeks.

DK
08-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Don't talk to me about David James. >;\

*The Man City fan*

He's useless, except when he's up front. Then he's a god. But WHY OH WHY DON'T THEY PICK CUDICINI FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

I hate Sven anyway, he's a long ball merchant and that never fails to piss me off.

Psychotic
08-17-2005, 09:26 PM
The sad part is, that was a pretty good lineup.

Still, hopefully it'll cause a mass media backlash against Sven and lead to him being forced out so we can get a good manager in time for the World Cup.

...oh, who am I kidding?

tomamar04
08-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Yeah, I've heard Cudicini is eligible to play for England.

Psychotic
08-17-2005, 09:31 PM
If we're talking about Carlo Cudicini, this isn't really on topic but you guys seriously need to visit his site. http://www.carlocudicini.co.uk try to watch the intro without being in awe.

Doc Sark
08-19-2005, 09:36 AM
There's absolutely no point in Carlo Cudicini playing for England. He's already gone over 30 and we need to concentrate on bringing our talented young 'keepers like Kirkland, Carson and Green through at International level.

If Kirkland stays fit and continues the form he displayed in the first game of the season, he will be England's number two.

Personally, I'm about as for foreign players playing for England, as I am foreign managers managing England. We've got the talent available. Use it.

tomamar04
08-19-2005, 09:40 AM
Yeah. But we are about major European nation not using some foreigners.

Next England manager should be Curbs. He turned Charlton for Division 1 strugglers into a mid-table Premiership side.

DK
08-19-2005, 09:44 AM
talented young 'keepers like Kirkland, Carson and Green

:lol:

tomamar04
08-19-2005, 09:52 AM
What's so funny?

DK
08-19-2005, 09:55 AM
Green? Green's about as good as David James. :P In fact I think he's about the only keeper I wouldn't want to come and replace him at Man City.

Heath
08-19-2005, 09:55 AM
David James is the man! How can we even talk about replacing him?

Cudicinni, I would have qualms at all with playing for England. Let's face it, if he did, it's an immediate solution and we'll have a top rate goalkeeper. In the long term younger talent such as Kirkland, Carson, etc would come through and be ready to replace Cudicinni when needed.

tomamar04
08-19-2005, 09:59 AM
At the end of the day, let's be honest, Robinson is the best English keeper. End of.

gokufusionss1
08-19-2005, 11:06 AM
I don't rate sven as a manager i haven't for a while. The guy makes Steven gerrard play anchor man for god's sake.

Final_Heavan_33
08-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Don't talk to me about David James. >;\

*The Man City fan*

He's useless, except when he's up front. Then he's a god. But WHY OH WHY DON'T THEY PICK CUDICINI FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

I hate Sven anyway, he's a long ball merchant and that never fails to piss me off.
oh if only Peta Cech was English ah one can only dream.........

Final_Heavan_33
08-19-2005, 12:10 PM
At the end of the day, let's be honest, Robinson is the best English keeper. End of.
i TOTALLY AGREE and whoever said James is a second rate keeper, they are right too,

tomamar04
08-19-2005, 12:55 PM
I don't rate sven as a manager i haven't for a while. The guy makes Steven gerrard play anchor man for god's sake.

I've noticed that. I'm starting to believe though that Lampard and Gerrard just don't work.

I'd like to see Sven try out Gerrard and Carrick.

Doc Sark
08-19-2005, 11:00 PM
I'd like to see Sven collecting his benefits in the dole queue. The man is a liability with no imagination. If an original footballing idea popped into his head, he would spontaneously combust.

Next England manager should be Curbs. He turned Charlton for Division 1 strugglers into a mid-table Premiership side.

Yeah. But we are about major European nation not using some foreigners.

There's so much wrong with that post I don't know where to start!!!! Other countries only turn to foreigners when they don't have the talent available. Most notably, the German front line, most of the French team and arguably the Dutch. You don't see the Italians doing it, or the Spanish, there is no need. We have the talent available already.

And Alan Curbishley for England manager, puh-lease. The man has no footballing credentials whatsoever, and we'd probably end up starting every campaign really well and then cocking it up towards the end, in classic Charlton style.

There are far better managers waiting to take the reigns from Sven Goran Eriksson, than Alan bloody Curbishley. I'd sooner see Sam Allardyce in charge than Alan Curbishley, or Steve Bruce, or Steve McClaren or bloody Steve Evans, anyone but Alan Curbishley.

Frying pan - fire.

DK
08-19-2005, 11:14 PM
Big Sam is a legend.

Heath
08-20-2005, 01:10 AM

Aye, but perhaps James is there for comic relief.