PDA

View Full Version : Memories of other EoFF members

Samuraid
08-18-2005, 04:15 AM
Have you ever noticed that even though many members of the forums have been around for a while, you just don't get to know everyone right away? Often times a random conversation or a event at EoFF helps you actually meet someone and remember something in particular about them.

For example, Psychotic has been around the forums since 2002, but the first time I really noticed him was during an EoFF decathlon (which he won most ingeniously :D). I'm probably just out of the loop, but Psy's humor and creativity (and spammyness) was unforgettable.

...Not to mention having a lot of fun talking with Ultima Shadow in usernotes and working in the past and present with the site staff (BoB, Sepho, undeadhero, Baloki, Mulley, and all) on a number of fun and interesting projects.

So, who have you become acquainted with here at the forums and what events (be they conversations, EoFF competitions/events, chats, friendly usernote spamming wars :D) led you to meet them?

Del Murder
08-18-2005, 04:21 AM
Fantasy sports allowed me to get acquainted with a lot of cool people, like Romeo, champ, and Fresno.

The Linkshell Forum got me acquainted with Hannah.

I don't remember how I knew Nicky. I think she just randomly sent me a pm one day.

Cruise Control
08-18-2005, 04:21 AM
Um, Kamiko, Lover of KH, NightShadow, Seymour_Guado_Goth, Rengori, SMF, and I'm forgetting someone.

Kamiko-I liked her poetry
Lover of KH-Through her n00b thread
NightShadow-I forget
Seymour_Guado_Goth-Explaining some stuff
Rengori-Megaman
SMF-I don't remember, Might Have been the thread about her large mouth

Kirobaito
08-18-2005, 04:22 AM
#eoff introduced me to almost every person I know. Sports dicussions took care of the rest.

Agent Proto
08-18-2005, 04:23 AM
I'm not sure how I met some of the people. I guess that's what #eoff does to me. Either that or on the forums. Sometimes by PMs. I like random PMs.... >_>

Miriel
08-18-2005, 04:35 AM
Misfit/Mikztsu/Bleys/Wyllius/Levian I got to know through FFXI.

Well, Mik I met a little before I started FFXI, but he mostly freaked me out before I got to know him through playing the game. Wait, let me clarify. He used to just plain freak me out, but now he freaks me out and makes me laugh.

Livejournal helps with getting to know people. I think Loony BoB was the first person from EoFF to add me to his Eljay list.

Samuraid I talked to a little bit because of deviantART.

Tony I first got to know through his wildly off-topic postings in the abandoned Linkshell forum.

Del Murder
08-18-2005, 04:38 AM
I forgot about Hermie. He helped me get my groove back.

Spuuky will always be known for his brilliant performance in the 2002 Mr. Eoff competition as well as his countless promotion of edczxcvbnm in the screen name tournaments.

Yamaneko
08-18-2005, 04:43 AM
I still don't know any of you. Let's keep it that way.

rubah
08-18-2005, 04:50 AM
#eoff accounts for so much:OOO

Hawkeye
08-18-2005, 04:53 AM
Psychotic during the wanker thread. That was a fun time. Meat Puppet and kikimm... I dont really know, I just started talking to them one day, and then we just kept on talking. Mostly spam, but neh, whayydia gonna do.

Hopefully, like Del stated, Fantasy sports will help me get to know a few more you of guys too.

Raistlin
08-18-2005, 04:54 AM
After careful consideration, I realized that I don't want to remember anything about any of you. Except krissy, Unne, and RSL out of sheer sexiness.

EoFF helped me make a lot of great friends: Unne, BOU, Bleys, krissy(tGA), Jojo(FFWA) and - more recently - Daniel, Yams, Doomy, TK, etc. Oddly enough, I remember first talking to Unne(book-discussion thread at the EzBoard), but not my first conversation with BoB, Yams, or Doomy - which were years later. Go figure.

Del Murder
08-18-2005, 04:57 AM
I remember rubah and kikimm for being Knighted today.

Hawkeye
08-18-2005, 04:59 AM
God Bless EoFF
EDIT- Now that I think about it, I think EoFF is full of sexist bastards

eestlinc
08-18-2005, 05:26 AM
I remember Kishi for his salsa.

Calliope first PMed me because I made a post about the book <i>Fast Food Nation</i>.

I first met Del <s>in the mirror</s> in the Newbie Party. Leeza too.

Calliope
08-18-2005, 08:26 AM
I didn't know that, Bren!

TONY YOU IDIOT. WE MET IN MIK'S ELECTION THREAD THING. WAY TO NOT REMEMBER YOU THOUGHT I WAS A BOY.

-N-
08-18-2005, 08:36 AM
I knew of BoB, but didn't get to know him until one late night conversation (well, late night for me, anyways :p) in #eoff. Kishi was perhaps my first friend here and made me change my #eoff nick to my current one. I got to talk to Daryl a lot early in my stay here at EoFF, mostly through #eoff. The Gang (Face, Jebus, Mo-Nercy, Bert, KB, foa) became my friends in #eoff last summer. And this year I've gotten to know Azar, Sepho and rubah a lot through #eoff as well. I'm sure I'm leaving out a lot of people too, like Kyono, Resha, Roogle, Marick, lalalala. Pretty much any lasting interaction I've had here is through #eoff, since that allows for a closer approximation to "real-time" conversation.

eestlinc and PG were the only people I interacted with not through #eoff - I had their AIM names and carried on some nice discussions with them way back in the day. Now all PG does is IM utilitarianism crap or lolasl crap to me, and eestlinc doesn't even bother anymore. :D

edit: Wait, what? rubah got knighted? :o just doesn't cut it...
edit: Wait, what? kikimm got knighted? *passes out*

Shoden
08-18-2005, 08:39 AM
mostly the forums and #eoff showed me a few people. Crash through msn and now Psychotic on yahoo

Shlup
08-18-2005, 08:39 AM
I don't remember things.

boris no no
08-18-2005, 10:04 AM
mainly through chat
and the uk meet up threads ^__^

Peegee
08-18-2005, 10:16 AM
I barely remember how I met most of you, but it was probably from aim or something, though it usually follows this format anyway so it's likely true and then this is the end of the run-on sentence aren't you glad?

- PG looks at profile
- PG adds you
- when you log on IT'S SPAM RIFFIC GOOD TIME

And then you ban me :D

Ki Ki
08-18-2005, 12:44 PM
I've met quite alot of people here on Eoff.
But the first few were Misfit, Citizen Bleys and HOOTERS. Actually there were alot more but I forgot. :x_x:
I met all of them in my newbie thread. ^_^

Then I met Meat Puppet, the ultimate spammer next to Psychotic. I think I met those two through usernotes. :excited:
I met Dixie in the forums somewhere. :aimsmile:
I kept saying she was so cute because she was 11. ^_^
And Rusty! I met her through the usernotes aswell. I gave her her first usernote. :excited:
And...alot of other people. I just can't list them all right now.

Marshall Banana
08-18-2005, 01:01 PM
I was a member here a couple years ago...or longer. It feels longer than that...I can't remember o_O; and I made a few friends but I can't remember their names. I wish I could.
Back then I went by Ellay. I think I remember you though, Ki Ki. If you're the one I'm thinking of. Maybe not. *bad memory* :-/

Then I sort of forgot about this place and came back a few months ago and registered again. Then I forgot about this place again until like, last week. So I'm starting all over now. :rolleyes2

Ki Ki
08-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Ellay??
I'm sooo sure I remember you too! :eek:

Rye
08-18-2005, 01:07 PM
I get to know people through BAoTW and LJ the most, but spam helps a lot. The time a bunch of EoFFers went to Habbo Hotel to reak havoc helped too.

escobert
08-18-2005, 04:44 PM
#EoFF and PG :D

DK
08-18-2005, 05:02 PM
#eoff, Mainly, a long time ago. The gender swap thread a while ago also, but not so much. But then I left and changed my name and know one knows me again now, so yeah. Well, except for people I already know from FFi, like Levian and all that. Since i've come back I've met most people through chat, like Neel, Resha, Spizz and that lot, and Rye I randomly PM'd and now if i'm not spamming her PM inbox it's her LJ, so yeah. Oh, and Aiyon helped as well, even though I don't actually talk to anyone but Towns from there. B)

Resha
08-18-2005, 05:05 PM
#eoff, PMs on the forums, usernotes. Yup. :D

HEY I REMEMBERED YOU AFTER YOU CHANGED YOUR NAME. Sort of. *pokes Kyono* :D

eestlinc
08-18-2005, 05:35 PM
eestlinc and PG were the only people I interacted with not through #eoff - I had their AIM names and carried on some nice discussions with them way back in the day. Now all PG does is IM utilitarianism crap or lolasl crap to me, and eestlinc doesn't even bother anymore. :D
Those were the days! I hardly get on AIM anymore, although I was yesterday and a few days ago as well. We can chat. Yesterday I chatteded with Del and Elyse and Necro and Raistlin.

KentaRawr!
08-18-2005, 07:01 PM
No one remembers me. Darn it...

Anyways, I remember Gibbi 8, Boris No No, Kishi, Del Murder, Psy, Rye, Samur(kool)aid(man), Lindy, Roogle, Omecle, Eestlinc, Whitemage_Nico, Meat Puppet, and some others that I remember by their Avatars.

Who was that guy who was at the FFXI Boards alot, and had an Anime-Type Whitemage as his Avatar? I can't seem to remember his name...

Rye
08-18-2005, 07:05 PM
#eoff, Mainly, a long time ago. The gender swap thread a while ago also, but not so much. But then I left and changed my name and know one knows me again now, so yeah. Well, except for people I already know from FFi, like Levian and all that. Since i've come back I've met most people through chat, like Neel, Resha, Spizz and that lot, and Rye I randomly PM'd and now if i'm not spamming her PM inbox it's her LJ, so yeah. Oh, and Aiyon helped as well, even though I don't actually talk to anyone but Towns from there. B)

Or my usernotes or cellphone with your emo-osity! xD

Nah, seriously, I like the spam. :D

bennator
08-18-2005, 07:14 PM
I don't think anyone knows me here, it's okay, 'cause I'm just that much cooler than you guys.

Dreddz
08-18-2005, 07:18 PM
I found out Joel due to Street Fighter discussions.....

Shauna
08-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Umm... I met most of the people on #eoff...

The first one, I think was Lenna. She was helping me on FF6. Good times! ^_^
Then, Spiffing Cheese. I joined in her singing of Spongebob songs!
Uhh... Resha, and Ashley and the rest of them... I don't know... I can't remember when exactly we net each other. xD

:love:

Psychotic
08-18-2005, 07:50 PM
Actually, I didn't know who Samuraid was until the Decathlon (I remember him posting in the thread and thinking "Who the hell is that?!") either, so there you go. :D

And until the wankers thread I believed hawkeye hated me and was out to kill me.

DK
08-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Oh yeah, Psy. I didn't know him until bel;, and even then it was just random spam. The first time I talked to him that wasn't daft was about Tekken 5. B)

Psychotic
08-18-2005, 07:54 PM
We met in #eoff and then FFI and THEN bel; and you know it!

Mokujin is still sexier than Kuma.

DK
08-18-2005, 08:25 PM
My memory isn't good enough to work back that far. I can only remember I-Majin-ation. B)

And never. Kuma has bear shoes, that makes him automatically the winner.

Max
08-18-2005, 08:32 PM
I can remember back far.

Ive been here for about 2 years and i dont know too many people mabey i should try to make new friends.

Jojee
08-19-2005, 07:19 AM
Hahahah well I've just noticed Chef Bawb for all the fruits in his sig. XD They are awesome! *love*

udsuna
08-19-2005, 08:00 AM
No one notices me :cry:. You people forgot my birthday, too.

The people that stick out most to me are Iri and The Captain- for those who remember them, I need not explain. Why did they leave us? :cry:

Then, of course, there's Boris... bouncy whatever-that-thing-is image and all. She's my first wife, it seems. Of course, I'm like her 70th or so spouse... que sera, sera.

Schlup was the first mod I chatted with. I like Schlup, she's the greatest.

Max
08-19-2005, 08:33 PM
do what i did put some fruit in your sig

The Captain
08-19-2005, 11:32 PM
There have been quite a lot of people whose lives have intersected with mine, but to recall or choose a particular conversation or event that started things is proving quite difficult, so I shall just say that I'm happy these events have happened and hopefully, more will develop as time goes by.

Take care all.

DMKA
08-20-2005, 05:06 AM
Needs more HOOTERS. :(

Doomie
08-20-2005, 05:12 AM
I came, I saw, I spoke to Psy. I began speaking to a few people through Fantasy Football like Kyono and Heath. I also met rubah, KB, and foa through #eoff. KB being the first because it was the basketball post-season. Before that, we never spoke.

rubah
08-20-2005, 05:28 AM
And then our bond strengthened through EoY spammage, right doomies?

Asorie
08-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Well, there were all those illicit affairs.

Loony BoB
08-22-2005, 12:44 PM
1) #eoff
2) PMs
3) Yahoo! Voice Conferences
4) Random IM's
5) Eizon
6) Site Staff
7) Forums Staff
8) Other forums (Aiyon, ASC, tGA etc)
9) Other projects within EoFF
10) Offline Stuffs
11) email
12) LiveJournal

Those are the ways I can think of. I won't go down to individuals as that would take too damned long. :( I know too many people for that.

Rye
08-22-2005, 02:11 PM
3) Yahoo! Voice Conferences

Yeah, I got to know a lot of people better through those, they were lots of fun. :)

Old Manus
08-22-2005, 02:55 PM
I remember the ezboard days.

edczxcvbnm
08-22-2005, 03:36 PM
This one time Sephex and I got pissed off at a stupid thread so we made a post about and told Kawaii we were spreading FFVII propoganda...he closed it right away. It was awesome.

Fuzakeru
08-22-2005, 04:25 PM
The first person who ever interacted with me from EoFF was PG through daily, surprisingly insightful, PMs.

I remember a lot of you from different threads but there's too many to list and I'm too lazy to type it all.

Social Moon Firesky
08-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Erm, I first met Dkings'queen and ffrinoa8 when I spammed up my n00b thread. Then I made a whole bunch of new friends through 'The Sexi Club'. (Good days, those) I MSNed a load of random people too, some didn't block me and we're actually pretty good friends. Others I met through user notes and people introducing me. I met Nova Briar after she became bardock's seventh wife, and I knew a couple of people to begin with. And bbomber and I became friends via my thread about my huge gob. I remember him pestering for pictures of it. :D

Shoeberto
08-23-2005, 09:15 PM
I don't, y'know, like, talk to people all that much.

kikimm
08-23-2005, 09:20 PM
PMs/usanoytes. :cool:

I don't think I've ever started being friends with someone after a certain event, like the Ciddies, or Decathalons. Hmm.

DK
08-23-2005, 11:41 PM
Everyone used to laugh at me because I was British in Y!M voice chats. =(

boris no no
08-23-2005, 11:54 PM
No one notices me :cry:. You people forgot my birthday, too.

The people that stick out most to me are Iri and The Captain- for those who remember them, I need not explain. Why did they leave us? :cry:

Then, of course, there's Boris... bouncy whatever-that-thing-is image and all. She's my first wife, it seems. Of course, I'm like her 70th or so spouse... que sera, sera.

Schlup was the first mod I chatted with. I like Schlup, she's the greatest.
omg! <333333333333333333333333333333333333
someone knows who i am
its love!
^__^

Teek
08-24-2005, 12:00 AM
I remember all them old people.

Hey, if anything, BOU is banging my friend, now.

-N-
08-24-2005, 01:20 AM
As we speak?

Halan
08-26-2005, 01:10 AM
I met most people in #eoff, and also #analgoatfarmers. Also through Yahoo!VCs and LJ. But really, anyone who joined between the years of 2002 and 2005....well I just don't know who you are. And that's far too many people for me to ever get to know.

-N-
08-26-2005, 01:11 AM
I remember you, though! :D

Halan
08-26-2005, 05:38 AM
Ah, but you are an old fart on the forums, thusly you don't count as much. ;)

Raistlin
08-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Halan? At EoFF?

You must have come for the Care Bears. So much for you being Bleys in a dress.

Laugh at face of Danger
08-26-2005, 03:40 PM
I recently got to know Apollo through PM, and i've been talking to Little Miss Awesome (v recently), Psychotic, Meat Puppet, Leena (v recently), Fire_Drake (today actually) and of course, themagicroundabout, Parvus Edea, devilsaten2005, Silver Valentines, Deadly Rose, dead_dolly, i_luv_mi_munky, Primus Inter Pares and Shlup once or twice

that's about it, gang!

Giga Guess
08-26-2005, 11:26 PM
I still don't know any of you. Let's keep it that way.

Aren't you all rainbows and sunshine?

Miriel
08-26-2005, 11:28 PM
What else would you expect from Love-a-lot Bear?

Cloud No.9
08-26-2005, 11:29 PM
i'm not too well known because i keep in the eotw forum. that and i took a massive break from this.

Dixie
08-26-2005, 11:33 PM
I know...

Ki Ki
Sephiroth.
kikimm
Apollo
Kamiko
Lone Wolf Leonhart
crash26821(Yeah, I know he changed his name...but I still like this one!)
themagicroundabout(I think that's how you spell it...)

That's all, I think....Not very many people...

(How lonely I am.:()

Reles
08-26-2005, 11:39 PM
CloudDragon is the only person who's made a real impact on me. I really haven't gotten to know other members as well as I would like to. :) Too bad CD doesn't talk to me anymore. D:

I have no memories as of yet...Banfest was fun and greatness. ^.^

Miriamel
08-27-2005, 12:03 AM
Half the people I know aren't here anymore. :[ O wait, that includes me. You're all coo tho. *patpat*

Miriel
08-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Half the people I know aren't here anymore. :[ O wait, that includes me. You're all coo tho. *patpat*
I know you, but I don't think you know me. I always read about all the crazy stuff you do in FFXI on Eljay. :)

Tama2
08-27-2005, 12:47 AM
Chris - hear j00r voice thread
Iri Val. - hear j00r joice thread
Kamiko - usernotes
SMF - PMs ('cos of wankers)
Nik0tine - wankers
Cloud 9 - general EoW
there are some more but......................

Halan
08-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Halan? At EoFF?

I did. And I can curse you all and flick you all off and leave in a huff, if you want.

Miriamel
08-27-2005, 01:07 AM
I know you, but I don't think you know me. I always read about all the crazy stuff you do in FFXI on Eljay. :)

fear. >_>;

Miriel
08-27-2005, 01:11 AM
Well not on your Livejournal specifically (cause that would be strange and stalkerish) but on the FFXI community. Yah. :p

Yamaneko
08-27-2005, 01:22 AM
You have a problem with stalking, don't you?

Loony BoB
08-27-2005, 01:42 AM
Halan? At EoFF?

I did. And I can curse you all and flick you all off and leave in a huff, if you want.
But but but... Skwiwoo represent, yo. :(

Raistlin
08-27-2005, 03:22 AM
Halan? At EoFF?

xD

No need to be <i>that</i> much like Bleys, 'cause then we wouldn't have you around. :love:

Miriel
08-27-2005, 04:48 AM
You have a problem with stalking, don't you?
Maybe I do, you got a problem with that?

Fonzie
08-27-2005, 05:04 AM
After smokin so much weed i don't remember crap...

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-27-2005, 05:31 AM
Met people from PMs, and from threads. Also the Fluffy Pink Party, and the New Years Eve Party at Psy's Room in Habbo Hotel UK. That was fun ^_^