PDA

View Full Version : Kirby, You So Cute

Ashley Schovitz
08-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Kirby videogames, all about them, I remember them, perhaps my favorite one was http://thechaosrift.com/kirby/kss/kirbyss1.jpg It was so fun, you could have 2 players and have a lot of different powers. Tell me what your favorite one was and who you played it with. I played it with my brother.http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b185/S-wo/kirby.jpg Kirby, Cook Me Up some Baddies!

DK
08-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Kirby is a legend. My favourite Kirby game was the one on the NES, Kirby's Dreamworld on the Gameboy, Kirby DX Superstars something on the Snes and the Kirby Golf game. B)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Kirby's great. Kirby Super Deluxe was definitely the high point of the series, but I'm pretty sure it's never turned out a bad game. I'll definitely check out Canvas Curve as soon as I get a DS.

DK
08-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Super deluxe is the one on the Snes with about 6 different game modes?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Yes, it was called Kirby Super Star in America (see the first post) and "Kirby's Fun Pak" in Europe.

DK
08-18-2005, 09:58 PM
I have the Japanese version, which is ghetto as hell. But yeah, thats the one I meant, it's good. I really like the golf game, but I always get stuck on a certain world, it's evil.

The best thing about Kirby has to be the ability to absorb enemy powers, thats so fun. Especially the singer, and the Bomb. :D

Shoeberto
08-18-2005, 10:26 PM
My friend had a copy of the one platformer of his for the NES, and that was always a lot of fun to play. I had Dream World for the Game Boy and could run through it in 20 minutes without dying, but it was a lot of fun regardless. Hard mode always beat me, though.

Aphelion
08-18-2005, 10:37 PM
I haven't played any Kirby games yet except for a racing game... I think it was on the N64, but I'm not sure...

Polnareff
08-19-2005, 03:50 AM
^You must be talking about Kirby's Air Ride for Gamecube. The game was originally planned for N64 but got delayed.

My favorite Kirby games are Kirby Super Star (to be more precise my favorite game on SS was the arena battle one you unlocked), Kirby no Kira Kira Kids; a puzzle game, Kirby's Avalanche, a Puyo Puyo game with Kirby characters, and Kirby's Dream Course.

I also loved Nightmare in Dreamland (a remake/port of Kirby's Adventure) since you got the chance to play as Meta Knight.

DJZen
08-19-2005, 07:06 AM
The first game, Kirby's Dream Land will forever hold a place in my heart that not many games can. It's the sort of fun you just can't describe. Beating Wispy Woods with just air shots, flying over Dedede's head... That said, Kirby's Adventure is my favorite, even though they officially changed him from white to pink at that point. The abilities in that game are great, and the levels never got boring for me. I think I held on to Suplex longer than is healthy. Nothing beats tossing your foes around!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-19-2005, 07:23 AM
Miyamoto thought Kirby should have been yellow, but his creator, Masahiro Sakurai, wanted (http://www.classicgaming.com/kirby/info/kirby101/kirbycreator.html) him to be pink.

Speaking solely from a technical perspective, Kirby's Adventure is the most impressive game ever released for the NES, from the effects they pulled off (parallax, rotation, etc.) to the sheer size and number of the levels. And it's an awfully fun game besides.

Nick Schovitz
08-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Oh wait I've thought of a great idea, we each name one of the powers Kirby can absorb I'll start by naming Jet.

Chzn8r
08-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Speaking solely from a technical perspective, Kirby's Adventure is the most impressive game ever released for the NES, from the effects they pulled off (parallax, rotation, etc.) to the sheer size and number of the levels. And it's an awfully fun game besides.

Seriously. I adore that game and was always wowed by how it looked and played.

Kirby's Adventure is probably my favorite, but I also enjoyed Dreamland, Dreamland 2, Superstar, Crystal Shards, and The Amazing Mirror. I haven't played more than a short demo of Canvas Curse yet. I plan on buying the Gamecube Kirby when it comes out because I hear it'll have 4-player co-op :D :D :D

Nick Schovitz
08-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Oooh I have another one Hammer.

Zante
08-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Only one I played was dreamland for the gb, was quite fun though.

Del Murder
08-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Kirby is awesome. Super Star and Adventure are some great games. I like games when you can get all kinds of crazy powers. And the Meta Knight is just plain cool.

Sephex
08-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Super Star was one of my favorite SNES games to play. Doing that mad boss rush thing was a PAIN. It took me forever to do it on my own. I was so proud of my sister when she did it when she was 9 or 10 years old.

Markus. D
08-21-2005, 02:26 AM
the only kirby ive played as (apart from super smash bros) is Kirby on krystal shards.

i love it :)