etc

Thoughts ?

Ohhh
08-18-2005, 09:43 PM
i want some more amazing characters and some GOOD bad guys like the old FFs

NeoCracker
08-18-2005, 09:44 PM
I would like it to be turn based.
Keep their mix of medievil and futuristic.
No Job changing.
Definatly a world map.

And a playable Moogle.

Hinky the Pickle
08-18-2005, 10:34 PM
I say definitly make it medieval style and have a well-balanced mix between job classes and customization (sort of like with FFX, but maybe with more job classes to choose from). Then bring back some classic Final Fantasy trademarks, like all the classic Nobou tunes (Prelude, Prologue, Victory, Chocobo, Moogle etc.) And yes, definitly include a World Map with a wide range of transportation, like boats, airships, chocobos & submarines. That's all they need to include to keep me happy. :P

Dreddz
08-19-2005, 12:01 AM
And a playable Moogle.
Totally !

Dudius
08-19-2005, 12:09 AM
More attacks that slashes the enemy a hundred times and sends them out into another dimension through a vortex and having comets zoom down from space and crushing them into the ground, that don't actually kill the enemy :)

Shoeberto
08-19-2005, 01:12 AM
Well, for one, I want them to stop filling in the story with lame plot twists and weak love stories. I guess that's just about it.

Yuffie514
08-19-2005, 03:51 AM
medieval era begs for new Jobs and i'd be expecting them. but i'm fine whether it's medieval or not. and for the series itself...

long live Final Fantasy

Dreddz
08-19-2005, 11:28 AM
I want a futuristic setting myself, well, half and half
Oh hell, I mean FFVII :D

Reine
08-19-2005, 01:43 PM
The Final Fantasy series that I am writing is a mixture of technolgies. Chapter 2, which Zannith is creating, is futuristic, while Chapter 1 is somewhat medieval. All parts of the saga are in the same tmeline, just different planets.

Personally, I prefer a mixture. Having guns is boring, but having just ancient technology is pretty boring too. FFIX was my favourite Final Fantasy, and it wasnt purely ancient civilisations. It would have to have a world map, with at least two worlds. FFV was cool, how it had three worlds. The villain... well not another crazy fool would be nice, but I would love to see another female villain, like Ultimecia and Edea. People like Sephiroth are getting very old now, it seems like every game has a Sephiroth clone now. Personally, ExDeath was my favourite villain.
However, my favourite Final Boss isnt one from a FF game. My favourite Final Bosses are Mithos form Tales of Symphonia, and Indalecio from Star Ocean 2.

Personally, I don't really like having the Job System, because whats the point of having a multitude of characters? I mean, FF5, Faris, a pirate for most of her life, decides, "To hell with this, im going to be a White Mage and help people!" Each charcter should be unique, and have a lot of charcter development. FFIX was great in this regard. Apart from FFIV, this is one of the very limited FF games where each charcter is unique.

crazybayman
08-19-2005, 02:33 PM
I would like it to be turn based.
Keep their mix of medievil and futuristic.
No Job changing.
Definatly a world map.
I second this.

Christmas
08-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Let it come with a package of Moogles, Tonberries, PuPu , Moombas, Cactuars and all the other cuties in the series. :D

ThroneofDravaris
08-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Futuristic with a stoic, Auron like protagonist and a "I'm going to kill you all because I can" type antagonist.

Takara
08-19-2005, 06:18 PM
I don't particularly care if the setting is medieval or futuristic, if there's a job system or not, etc... Though I'd like a few things:

The lead character to be female. That'd be a first considering that no numeral, non-sequel FF has a female as the lead. Yeah, I know, many people consider Terra/Tina as the lead in FFVI, but FFVI doesn't really have a main character when you think about it. Heck, you don't even need Terra to beat Kefka at the end.
I'm gonna quote Hsu: "I want them to stop filling in the story with lame plot twists and weak love stories."
I want them to put more enphasis on the story than on the graphics.
A likeable lead character, as opposed to an angsty and/or whiny one.
A villain that you just love to hate. Make him/her like very cruel from beginning to end or something so you are really glad when you finally get to kick his/her ass in the end. The villain should be acting on his own and not be the puppet of another entity (Jenova/Sephiroth, anyone?). And no final boss that just pops out of the blue after you defeat the villain (*coughs*Necron*coughs*).
Each characters to be unique instead of copies of each other with a different weapon/limit break.
While I'm there, character development for ALL the main characters. Not just for the lead and his love interest (FFVIII...). I want to know why the lead's allies are fighting the bad guys with him/her. I want to know why the villain does what he/she is doing.
The lead character to not be an orphan, for once... When you look at it, most FF leads either a)lost their father, b)lost their mother, or c)lost both parents. Which is extremely cliché. Would be nice for once to see that the lead's parents are alive and well.
And yeah, a playable moogle would be nice.

I guess that's it.

Shoeberto
08-19-2005, 06:23 PM
I agree with everything Takara just listed.

Dreddz
08-19-2005, 07:32 PM
I agree with everything Takara just listed.

rubah
08-19-2005, 11:41 PM
I would like to see more sci-fi. They should be no more 'fantasy' than they are 'final'.

Jpae33
08-20-2005, 02:59 AM
it shoul be about red xiii, j/k

Rengori
08-20-2005, 03:07 AM
More FFVIish settings.

NeoCracker
08-20-2005, 05:06 AM
Negative Status Effect magic that is usefull against powerful enemies.

Rengori
08-20-2005, 05:09 AM
Negative Status Effect magic that is usefull against powerful enemies.
Define powerful.

Shoeberto
08-20-2005, 05:17 AM
I would like to see more sci-fi. They should be no more 'fantasy' than they are 'final'.
I wanted to say something about using sci-fi, but then I realized that I didn't want a sci-fi FF, I wanted Xenogears/saga. It'd be cool to see sci-fi...as long as it's more complete SF, rather than partial mixing like VII-VIII.

ThroneofDravaris
08-20-2005, 05:18 AM
Yes, that has always pissed me off. I hate it how ying yang magic becomes useless later on because all the bosses are imune to everything. There needs to be more status magic like Meltdown in FF8 that effects everything...

rubah
08-20-2005, 05:19 AM
Ah, bosses that are susceptible to confuse.

And you would have to confuse them to end the battle, because it would cause them to do something, like hit an important switch you can't reach because they're blocking you.

Of course this would cause a gigantic thing to roll out of the just exposed space, killing the enemy *and* getting you access to the next area!

SnoopyG
08-20-2005, 07:08 AM
I agree with Takara and I also want every playable character to have a deep history instead of just making most of them orphans. I also want a new sort of battle system. To me, turn-based gets boring after a while. I rather something like a mixture of star ocean and kingdom hearts battle system, but not so much that it becomes an action/adventure/button masher game and not a RPG. Also, I want all the magic spells to be useful and not something that you'll probaly never use.

Khaotic
08-20-2005, 09:05 AM
I'm really not too picky, new things are good in my mind, though.