PDA

View Full Version : Copy eacher Character in old Final Fantasy for new?

Rikku X-2
08-19-2005, 05:41 AM
Well I noiced that they do that in every Final Fantasy game Why?!

Tifa look like Riona from the FFVII AC
Tidus and Shuyin looking like eacher kind of.
Anymore? Cause I want to know why they do that?!

Necronopticous
08-19-2005, 05:43 AM
Not really.

I hope someone posts something really insightful in this thread, or else it's doomed.

Oh, and Tidus and Shuyin looking alike was part of the story.

DJZen
08-19-2005, 06:43 AM
Frioniel looks like Fighter. >:O

ThroneofDravaris
08-19-2005, 09:46 AM
Because they are lazy…

Why else?

rubah
08-20-2005, 12:00 AM
"Ashe looks like Yuna" "Vaan looks like Harley from Boy Meets Boy" "Some unnamed person looks like Laguna" "Rinoa has the same face shape as Ultimecia"

It is rather annoying how that seems to happen. But perhaps that's the way the characters were, well I won't say envisioned, because it's probably more of a 'draw a person and edit until it becomes a character', in their designers' heads.

I remember reading an interview of nomura (this one, actually http://flaregamer.com/b2article.php?p=81&more=1 ) that tells about all the ways of thinking that caused him to design characters the way he did (tidus was to be bright and sunny, rinoa to be cute, etc) and I wonder if it was anything similar to the way the designers of the characters in ffxii there thinking.

Sorceress' Knight
08-20-2005, 01:05 AM
Frionel was way cooler in the NES version when he looked like Fighter.

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-20-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah I know it is a disgrace! They are so unoriginal at Square, Square-Enix whatever.

Like take Zidane and Red XIII for instince. They both have tails, come on you character designers: get more creative!

Rengori
08-20-2005, 02:57 AM
Frionel was way cooler in the NES version when he looked like Fighter.
You're officially awsome.

Kiwi Nazi
08-20-2005, 04:16 AM
Dude, your blowing the "tail" thing out of proportion. Zidane's tail was was to show he wasn't altogether human (or at least different from the rest), u know, G-nome? OH MY GOD! EVERYBODY HAS LEGS!! You can't be surprised if two people share some "semi-odd" characteristics. Besides you'd probably no the "theif" or the "healer" of the bunch just by looking at them. The try to make them fit the stereotypical, look of whatever class they are.

ThroneofDravaris
08-20-2005, 04:56 AM
The sad part is that you were so enthusiastic about that post...

EmeraldWeaponluvsRuby
08-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Tifa look like Riona from the FFVII AC

Tha'ts because they both follow the "half-breed Asian/white female" character type that's been in nearly every FF game since VII.

Miriel
08-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Dude, your blowing the "tail" thing out of proportion. Zidane's tail was was to show he wasn't altogether human (or at least different from the rest), u know, G-nome? OH MY GOD! EVERYBODY HAS LEGS!! You can't be surprised if two people share some "semi-odd" characteristics. Besides you'd probably no the "theif" or the "healer" of the bunch just by looking at them. The try to make them fit the stereotypical, look of whatever class they are.

Hee. :D

Anyway, video games can't ever have the same nuances in facial structure and appearance that people in real life have. So characters with completely different appearences can look very similar even if the only common feature is hair color.

Yuna Braska 19
08-24-2005, 12:41 AM
I see too.
They did make that one girl look like Yuna.
And Riona looks like Tifa.
And all that stuff....