PDA

View Full Version : One or t'other

Big D
08-19-2005, 10:48 AM
Love and hate...
Which do you think is the stronger force? Which is more powerful, and has the most effect on people, and on the world as a whole?

Both love and hate can be intense, primal emotions that compel people to go to extremes. Which, in your opinion, is more extreme?

Note: This isn't about which emotion you like more. It's about which one you think is more influential.

Discuss.... and vote.
Please.
:)

Old Manus
08-19-2005, 10:57 AM
If only you knew the POWER of the Dark Side.

Armisael
08-19-2005, 10:58 AM
The power Of Love is the greatest power in the world! Nothing can beat it!

So my vote to Love! ^_^

ZuZu
08-19-2005, 12:14 PM
I'm in love :love:

tomamar04
08-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Love and hate are very similar. More so than people realise.

Boosk
08-19-2005, 12:19 PM
I think love is stronger but when you have power (e.g. some world leader) then hate is way more powerful. Which is a shame because we should all love!! :love:

Kagga the hippy :love:

Primus Inter Pares
08-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Hate conquers all... unfortunately

Marshall Banana
08-19-2005, 12:30 PM
I choose love because I like to be optimistic and think that it has more influence.

But I think hate appears to have more influence sometimes because people tend to focus more on the bad things in life that hate breeds, and those are the things we hear about most often.

Zeldy
08-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Id say Love.. Love is strong

Rusty
08-19-2005, 01:08 PM
I have to say love is stronger in the end because of my beliefs - because God is love. But hate is a very strong emotion.

Master Quan
08-19-2005, 01:10 PM
There is no love, merely a lack of hate. For example, I don't hate my friends.

udsuna
08-19-2005, 01:23 PM
I forget who it was, but there's a quote out there somewhere.

"Hate is love twisted beyond recognition"

I happen to believe that, therefor: I cannot vote. Make a "they're equal" option.

Lindy
08-19-2005, 01:26 PM
Every time I try to direct hate on here, I get my messages edited >=(

If there was no GRASPING, CONTROLLING AUTHORITY, hate would totally win.

Rye
08-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Hate and love are practically the same thing, because they're both passionate emotions. Only one is positive and one is negative. I dunno which is more powerful though.

crazybayman
08-19-2005, 01:54 PM
I would have to say love. Both are powerful emotions, however EVERYONE loves, whether its family, friends, or significant other. Not everyone hates. Though they have the capacity to.

Although hate has shaped, or at least had some impact on our nations as each one of them exists today.

Croyles
08-19-2005, 02:21 PM
I choose love because I like to be optimistic and think that it has more influence.

Ditto

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-19-2005, 02:25 PM
As the the Delgados song goes: hate this all you need.
You are asking which is more extreme yet they are both pretty much the same. A lot of hate is caused by love. People tend to hate whatever threatens what they love and thus they are really combined. But if you are talking in terms of destructive power and creativity I would say hate is more powerful. Join the two together and you get emotions that could destory the world.

ThroneofDravaris
08-19-2005, 02:50 PM
I hate Misato
And I hate Shinji
And I hate that first Child bitch Rei
I hate my dad
I hate my mom
But mostly, Most of all: I HATE MYSELF!
I hate you! Why do I have to do this?! Why Me!

Hate, obviously.

(hehe, I can't believe I've had two chances to quote that in the last 10 minutes!)

NeoTifa
08-19-2005, 04:13 PM
hate. hate has awesome power. look at hitler, look at voldemort, look at vicious, look at nepolean! love is weak and brings too much pain. hate can ease the pain and can cause a serious energy boost. (kinda like drugs lol)

Master Quan
08-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Oh god, a mention of Hitler, how could this get any worse....Oh god a mention of Voldemort as well....

NeoTifa
08-19-2005, 04:36 PM
im a harry potter fanatic! *lowers head in shame* and im reason a jew book about concentration camps. besides, how could the names not pop up? they are like the definition of hate!

Sasquatch
08-19-2005, 04:50 PM
But even when you're talking about people like Napoleon, where's the line between love and hate? Did he really hate the people in the territories around him, or was it his love for power that drove him? Do people hate losing, or do they love winning? Do you love being with your significant other, or would you hate to be without them? Is violence carried out by people that hate their opponents, or by people that love what their opponents are threatening?

(EDIT: For the anti-Bush schmucks. Please don't let that last statement get political.)

Psychotic
08-19-2005, 04:51 PM
They're equally balanced so therefore I can't vote in this poll. Thanks for excluding me, Big D. :(

NeoTifa
08-19-2005, 04:54 PM
good point, but still napolean can slide i guess, but hitler and voldemort are prime examples. (if you do a little tiny bit of research). love also causes hate, and hate just seems to have more firepower behind it.

ThroneofDravaris
08-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Oh god, a mention of Hitler, how could this get any worse....Oh god a mention of Voldemort as well....

No one's going to pull him up on Vicious? He's the most evil one there....

NeoTifa
08-19-2005, 05:03 PM
errrmmmm...... yes, hes evil, but i really dont think hes got anything on hitler. n/o. vicious' hate was propelled by love i assume. like i said in my previous post i see where sasquatch really had a point in this case.

MAS82587
08-19-2005, 05:04 PM
love causes people to hate, cheat, lie, and kill. love is the stronger force.

NeoTifa
08-19-2005, 05:10 PM
hate can also cause people to love, worship, help other, etc. like when some hatefull bastard killed my cousin a few weeks previous, my family got together and did tose things.

Yamaneko
08-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Apathy does the least good in the world. Hate is a minority, but it's usually the majority who are apathetic and do nothing about the power of the minority.

NeoTifa
08-19-2005, 07:49 PM
hmmmmm......

eestlinc
08-19-2005, 07:50 PM
I love Faye Valentine. Does that count?

NeoTifa
08-19-2005, 08:10 PM
no

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-19-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm going to decline to vote because I feel both can be equally powerful. Love and hate, while opposites in the spectrum, can both be powerful emotions that result in extremely fanatic behavior. I would say both have the potential to be equally powerful.

kikimm
08-19-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm inclined to say love, for various reasons. Although hate is so strong.

:D

Little Miss Awesome
08-19-2005, 08:21 PM
I'm not sure, because hate has caused so much war and awful things but love... can do great things, I can't think of any examples but, I think I'll go with love :love:

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-19-2005, 08:35 PM
I completely agree with what Yams said. Apathy is the bane of humanity. Apathy is a lack of compassion of love, it is not hate, it is neutral.

I have contradicting views about hate and love. First of all I think their in essence the same, just polar opposites, causing them both to be equal. Without hate we would not know what love is; without love we would never understand hate. They are a package deal.

Now for my contradiction. I believe love to be stronger. It is way to easy to hate; we only need to think of a few things that anger us about something and then brood over it to amplify into hatred. That is why those who hate, to me, are the weak ones.

Love is a very powerful emotion. True unconditional love is the most powerful force on this planet, yet it is something very difficult to attain. That is why only those who have a strong will and a great heart are those who find it. Compassion and unconditional love are different things. Compassion does not require love. Mother Theresa said that she would not touch a man with leprosy for a million pounds, yet if it were God's will she would. It shows that her compassion was stirred by faith, not love. This is not a bad thing; it is only an example to distinguish between the two.

So in th end my heart tells me love is the greatest thing, but hate is a necessity. Humanity was created with the capacity for both. We choose love and hate, and the travesties that comes with those choices are our responsiblities no one elses.

(Okay I kinda went off the topic a bit, sorry about that)

rubah
08-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Love makes the world go round~

-N-
08-19-2005, 11:26 PM
Where's the RSL option?

GooeyToast
08-20-2005, 12:37 AM
goes both ways

Dignified Pauper
08-20-2005, 01:48 AM
Hatred causes war and death. Love usually just causes over population, which is equally bad, but since i'm conditioned to believe that death and war are worse things, i must say Hatred.

Raistlin
08-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Love and hate are opposites, and therefore equal.

Carlene
08-21-2005, 08:25 AM
I'd go for hate. Love is temporary. Hatred lasts forever. For ppl like Voldemort as mentioned before, they're not evil. Just misunderstood. Because they view life differently.
Hate is definately more stronger.

bipper
08-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Celine Dion sings The Power of Love;

And I hate celine dion....

So i must look at it like this-- If i had to either Assasinate Celine Dion and watch my family die... or take a bullet for my family and listen to celine dion while i waited for my number at the pearly gates...

ok Love pwns

Bipper

nik0tine
08-21-2005, 08:35 AM
In their purest form, they are equal. Is there a limit to love? Is there a limit to hate? I say no, and if that is true, that would make them both infinite. If they are both equal, then they are both infinite.

However, hate is alot easier to tap into, and it, therefore, has a greater impact on society because everybody hates.

I'd go for hate. Love is temporary. Hatred lasts forever. For ppl like Voldemort as mentioned before, they're not evil. Just misunderstood. Because they view life differently. He isn't real, and he doesn't apply to the real world.

Jojee
08-21-2005, 08:43 AM
I voted hate, and I guess that makes me a pessimist ;) I'm starting to regret my decision though, now that I think about it more.

Carlene
08-21-2005, 08:46 AM
I know. I wasn't going to refer to something "real" because lets just face it. Ppl hate realiity. Especially reality T.V. They'd prefer to live in a dreamworld like me.

Croyles
08-21-2005, 10:56 AM
I'd go for hate. Love is temporary. Hatred lasts forever. For ppl like Voldemort as mentioned before, they're not evil. Just misunderstood. Because they view life differently.
Hate is definately more stronger.

Hatred lasts forever? For you maybe.

Especially reality tv? ok im gonna have to disagree with you a lot again. Since when has reality tv ever been realistic? Do you think big brother, where people are crammed in a few rooms over a course of a few months and have to do annoying tasks while cameras watch you 24/7, is realistic? I definitely wouldnt say so. The same thing goes with all the other reality tv shows. So everyone hates reality? Errr I really think you need more proof for this lol.
But of course, its all just opinions. :D

Lawr
08-24-2005, 02:46 AM
Love takes too long because the pleasure
is at the end and the sorrow is the begining

Hate has pleasure in the begging and sorrow
at the end