PDA

View Full Version : xD *Dies* xD

Chris
08-19-2005, 12:55 PM
So, I've only just begun playing FFX and I was wondering which characters do you recommend I use (please keep in mind that this is my first playthrough, so don't suggest something you know is utterly crazy like... lets say: Rikku, Lulu and Yuna xD). :D

So, a little input here people?

crazybayman
08-19-2005, 01:30 PM
The great thing about this game is that you can switch up party members during battle at any time. Thus, you can level up everyone equally.

That said, I normally go with the attack goons, Tidus, Auron, Wakka and Kimarhi, for their strength, attack, defense, and HP.

However, at certain parts, like underwater, you'll have to use Tidus, Wakka and Rikku, as they are your only swimmers.

There'll be bosses where you'll need a stong black magic user, who will most likely be Lulu, unless you do some crazy sphere grid path altering :p . Of course, there'll be times when you need healing or your Aeons, in which you'll need to call in Yuna. For stealing items, you're best bet is Rikku, when she joins your party.

But for the most part, Tidus, Auron, Wakka, and Kimarhi. I just about always keep Tidus in there, and switch around Auron, Wakka and Kimarhi in the other 2 spots. I use the female characters as support, when they're needed.

Chris
08-19-2005, 01:40 PM
So, does that mean I'm actually better off spending hours and hours leveling up all of the characters? *Dies*

crazybayman
08-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Not really. You can just play through the storyline, and gain sufficient levels that way. You could make it a point to get ALL items along your way. Going a little out of your way to get these items here and there, even if just for a few minutes every so often will get your levels up a bit more. Hours and hours of monotonously fighting monsters to level up is not necessary to finish this game.

If you want to do any sidequests like Omega dungeon or the monster arena at the end, then you'll certainly need to level up. But you can do that at the end. However its certainly not necessary for finishing the game.

Christmas
08-19-2005, 02:59 PM
So, does that mean I'm actually better off spending hours and hours leveling up all of the characters? *Dies*

You know, that is what I do until I get pissed off and quit as soon as I managed to complete the game. And the sphere grid system and obtaining the celestial weapons....just thinking of those make me want to play FF X-2 instead.

But hey, this is just me that is :D

Cruise Control
08-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Auron Yuna Tidus

boys from the dwarf
08-19-2005, 09:41 PM
i used tidus wakka and auron and changed to yuna for healing.yuan though is as i discovered one of the best mages near the start.she can learn level 2 and 3 black and white magic and has higher magic power than lulu and also summons and if you learn double cast later on you will be able to realy use her magic to destroy enimies and heal allies.and there i was wasting time on those others.wakka and tidus have the best limits and are all good fighters.auron specializes on strenght tidus is speed and wakka is accuracy.rikku come in handy for when fighting machina later on but on most of the characters sphere paths they will find rikkus and will be able to learn steal and use so rikku is drowned out by other characters.and lulu is made useless by yuna.kimahri is an interesting character because he starts in a tiny section of the spehere grid of his own which has links to everyone elses sphere grid.kimahri is the most versatile character as you can train him to do everything but it takes a lot of time and you might only want to train him in one or two ways.kimahri is worth considering.thats my summary on all the characters so choose.

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-19-2005, 10:07 PM
All of them, they are all great a killing so sort of beast. Lulu is a pretty /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif character though unless you train her. She may look cool but give Yuna black magic and she will out class Lulu for quite a while, you must get more magic power going the healers way. Or maybe that was just me LOLZ.

Old Manus
08-19-2005, 10:19 PM
Nice title.

rubah
08-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Levelling up all the characters is easy.

*overkill*
*l2*
*change weapon*
*l2*
*change weapon*
*l2*
*change weapon*
*l2*
*overkill*
*overkill*
*win*

Dreddz
08-19-2005, 11:45 PM
It depends, If you plan the max out, just choose the ones that look the coolest ( or if its with Aeons, choose Yuna )
I like Kimarhi, but people hated him for an unknown reason
Rikku is cool , little slow and painful to start with as she is very weak
But later on ( when you pick up her thief abilities ) she becomes very useful.
Auron, hes looks cool, But I think hes all hype, Kimarhi can do all his stuff if you place him up the top right, and he can use lanclet abilities
Yuna, a little under used at the beginning of the game, as its so easy, you will pretty much never use her cure magic. Aeons are still cool, later on she gets cooler magic ( holy ) and cooler Aeons ( anima ), so I recommend her highly
Wakka, yep, another one of my favs, he never misses and can start hitting quite hard later in game. His attack reels make him do loadz damage. 99999 x 12, yes please. Although I hate his accent...
Tidus, meh, hes also a bit hyped to me. Theres pretty much no stratagy with him. Just hit mainly for damage. Hes boring in my eyes. He gets White magic. But only stuff like Haste/slow. I used him first time through. But now Ive been through the game 3 times. I dislike him. But you can choose him. Theres nothing wrong, but nothing good
and Lulu, I dont like Lulu, her magic is all good ( for elemental type fiends ) but on regular enemies, she is weak, has low health, will die alot. I found magic to be very unuseful in FFX, But thats me
Thats my thoughts.
So idealy my choice is Wakka, Yuna and Kimarhi

Chris
08-20-2005, 12:25 AM
Thanks guys for your input. ^^
I've chosen to use: Tidus (first time player, so I chose to use him, for the story) Wakka (for strong physical damage) and Lulu (for sentimental reasons). Can I complete the game with this party?

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-20-2005, 01:04 AM
I like Kimarhi, but people hated him for an unknown reasonBecause he is different. It is cruel world.

No probably not. You'll have to switch characters in battle anyway. Easiest way to kill anything is Anima, use Yuna. She is the best but most annoying character.

Rengori
08-20-2005, 03:03 AM
Tidus, Yuna, and Auron.

rubah
08-20-2005, 05:26 AM
Kimarhi is best trained as a white mage/thief I think.

Considering there's time when you don't have access to a white mage, and two thieves always makes stealing quicker.

Shoeberto
08-20-2005, 05:54 AM
The only character in the party that I found to be absolutely worthless was Rikku. Tidus should focus on buffs, Kimahri buffs and white magic, Yuna on white magic, Lulu on black magic, and Auron and Wakka on offensive skills. That's what won me the game. The only black magic I really gave Yuna was Ultima, which was mostly important for the final battle of the game, since she and Lulu have the most MP for that sort of thing.

abrojtm
08-20-2005, 06:03 AM
The only thing that you should really focus on is the character's Limit Breaks and Celestial Weapons since all of the characters can reach the same stats pretty much. This is why I chose Tidus (Blitz Ace/Caladbolg), Yuna (Aeons), and Rikku (Mix).

Pheesh
08-20-2005, 07:44 AM
Tidus: he's your best all around character.

Lulu: Once you get her to the 'ga' and 'ra' spells then she pwns.

Auron: His strength is unmatched basically and once you get all his breaks (armour break, Magic break) or full break then you have a skill for all enemies.

Obviously there will be times you need an aeon but i find lulu takes care of your flyers, kimarhi has nothing to offer except a variety of overdrives and rikku is a very meh-ish character.

Peace out and :rock:
EE

Dreddz
08-20-2005, 05:23 PM
The best way to do it is use every character in every battle, therefore everyone gets good quickly. Using 3 characters through the whole game restricts you greatly.
That takes to much time.......

Old Manus
08-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Oh yes, it does. Well screw that idea to hell. It was a complete waste of time. Someone delete it.

Rengori
08-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Oh yes, it does. Well screw that idea to hell. It was a complete waste of time. Someone delete it.
*waits for you to delete it*

rubah
08-20-2005, 07:09 PM
That takes to much time.......

Levelling up all the characters is easy.

*overkill*
*l2*
*change weapon*
*l2*
*change weapon*
*l2*
*change weapon*
*l2*
*overkill*
*overkill*
*win*

You'd be surprised how little time it takes. If you're having to use cheer and focus to overkill it takes much more, but just changing weapons goes quicker than having to run around in front of seymour every time you fight him because rikku isn't levelled up enough to survive long enough to steal those tetra elementals.

ScottNUMBERS
08-22-2005, 12:26 PM
I think you should definatly consider training Yuna because...

1, She is the only one able to summon aeons, they are very usefull for defeating most bosses and the aeon can take the bosses strong moves insted of the boss inflicting the damage/Effect on your party.

2, She has white magic that is very helpful throught the game.

3, If you complete yunas path on the sphere grid she ends up with stronger magic than Lulu.

4, If you want to face the Dark aeons (depending on What FFX version you have they may not exist) you NEED aeons to survive some of the dark aeons overdrives E.g Yojimbos Zanmato: 99999 damage to all, dispels protection, But then again you may not want or be able to face them. :rolleyes2

I use Auron, Lulu and yuna.

Auron: because his physical attacks are strong, and he has the 'break moves'

Lulu: because she can learn magics the quickest, and when she learns the 'aga's (You will hopefully have some black magic shpere by then) you can immediatly give them to Yuna. (Yunas magic is stronger than Lulus)

I can think of a reaon to use anyone
Tidus: Haste, Hastga, Slow + Slowga = Very useful
Wakka: Accuracy, and ATTACK REELS.
kimarhi: He flexable you can make him take any path.
Rikku: She is very fast, and can steal. :cool:

But really its up to you...

Can I complete the game with this party?

You can complete the game with any party. ;)

syun_ukiya
08-24-2005, 05:39 AM
So, I've only just begun playing FFX and I was wondering which characters do you recommend I use (please keep in mind that this is my first playthrough, so don't suggest something you know is utterly crazy like... lets say: Rikku, Lulu and Yuna xD). :D

So, a little input here people?
definitely tidus, yuna, wakka. i see a lot of people use this line-up and i can't see why not. i think this is the best line-up especially when fighting superbosses like dark aeons and penance.

tidus, because he's the main character lol. blitz ace rocks!

wakka, attack reels. master attack reels and you're the bomb! 12x99999! i never miss an attack reel against penance!

yuna, summoning.. this useful against dark aeons when they're about to cast their overdrives. yuna at 255 str. can perform 99999 hit! he's as powerful as auron when that happens, the only plus is summoning and nirvana. with 1mp cost, you don't need other people's mp!

other character abilities you like (eg. steal, mug, bribe, break moves) can be learned by these 3 characters when you clear all the sphere grid. so the other characters abilities will be useless. attack power (like aurons) can easily be given to yuna.. just think of overdrives and summoning, that's all. you need 255 of your stats when fighting superbosses so thinking about who has the highest magic stats or attack power will be useless.

Yliette
09-13-2005, 05:31 PM
To the threadstarter:

Don't you worry too much! There will come situational events in the game when you will have to use all of them! Well, all probably except Kimahri. Just blend into the game! You'll be alright! It's been 3 years since I played this game and how I wish I can play it again.

Old Manus
09-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Delete what

Rengori
09-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Delete what
I wasn't talking to you.

Luara
09-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Auron Yuna Tidus

crashNUMBERS
09-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Auron, Yuna, And Tidus are the basic party everyone uses...

Dreddz
09-13-2005, 09:35 PM
Use Kimarhi, so good, but so underrated.....

Kamiko
09-13-2005, 09:43 PM
I always used Tidus, RIkku and Yuna.

BlackRibon
09-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Auron, Tidus, Yuna.

nothing more to say.

Pouring Rain
09-13-2005, 10:23 PM
Tidus Auron and *insert your strongest character here*

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-13-2005, 10:32 PM
My fav is Tidus, Yuna and Lulu

crashNUMBERS
09-13-2005, 11:32 PM
Use Kimarhi, so good, but so underrated.....
Kimarhi, Though a good and useful as hell character, Was a little to balanced. His attack's were mediocre. I found Tidus' attack's better by an inch....

FFX_fanatiq
09-14-2005, 05:23 AM
DFENETLY KEEP YUNA
AND AUROn
auron=strong as hell
yuna-ONLY SUMMONER hello thats enough for me

Karl
09-14-2005, 06:32 AM
i made everyone equal but when i got the airship and started all the side crap i always stuck with anima

ffxfreak93
09-25-2005, 02:05 AM
I USE TIDUS,AURON,(WAKKA OR YUNA)
THERE IS NO POINT IN USING THE OTHER CHARACTERS I GOT THROUGH
THE GAME WITH THE CHARACTERS ABOVE :D

TurkSlayer
09-25-2005, 02:07 AM
Auron, Lulu/Rikku, Tidus.

The Mad Dragon
09-25-2005, 05:32 AM
I USE TIDUS,AURON,(WAKKA OR YUNA)
THERE IS NO POINT IN USING THE OTHER CHARACTERS I GOT THROUGH
THE GAME WITH THE CHARACTERS ABOVE :D

There is also no point in typig in all caps. I've read some of your posts and you just annoy me.

At any rate, by not using Rikku for stealing and bribing, you miss out on a lot of the good stuff.