PDA

View Full Version : Help?

FallenSilence
08-19-2005, 05:34 PM
OK, I've been playing Chrono Trigger at a firned's and I think it's bloody awesome, but there's a boss fght that I really cannot do.

In the Ocean Palace, Dalton summons a pair of Golems. Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to beat them? They seem to be too fast and decimate me. I'm around level 30 by the way.

Necronopticous
08-19-2005, 05:44 PM
You're supposed to lose. You can beat them, but it's not likely unless you're on New Game +

Just let yourself die and the game will continue.

FallenSilence
08-19-2005, 05:52 PM
No, that was the first time, when he only summoned one Golem. When he summons two, you have to beat them. I got Game Over when I lost.

Necronopticous
08-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Ah, sorry I was thinking of the wrong boss battle. To beat the golem twins just use lots of dual techs and keep your HP up. If you use area attacks like lightning 2, they will counter with the same spell and it will do loads of damage. It gets much easier once you take one out, so just concentrate on one or the other and you should take them out relatively easy.

FallenSilence
08-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Will they counter Luminaire?

Also, are there any Duel echs that are particularly useful? My party is Chrono, Frog and Marle.

ShunNakamura
08-20-2005, 10:28 AM
I am fairly sure they counter Luminaire with lots of hurt. It has been a whlie though.

I don't remember to much... but I think I just went all out and healed. So by all means luminaire there tails.. you got 2 good healers.. make use of them... oh yes.. use marle to haste first may help. Also you could equip stuff to absorb lightining, ice or water.. that way you coudl attack with no fear of damage. Either way works.

Dual techs I think may be useful here. Spire, Double Cure, and perhaps glacier if you want to use it and have the pre-requisitites. I would just strike with Chrono and use frog and marle to heal... if you have double cure it will be a breeze.. if not well you still got two good healers.. how much damage could they do?

oh yes.. if bored I guess you could use Arc Impulse... that could be fun.

If you got double cure.. I really wonder why you got trouble. If not you still got two good healers.... and whatever healing items you got on you.

FallenSilence
08-20-2005, 07:01 PM
I do have Double Cure, but they always took out Marle before I could use it.

However, I've beaten them now. I used Luminaire constantly, they only countered with about 100 damage on the entire team. I could live with that. And I had Marle and Frog use Double Cure constantly. Thanks to both of you for your advice.