PDA

View Full Version : What much can you train at the start of the game? rap!

Cloud Lionheart
08-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Btw what lev was you when you came out of the first (ever) reactor!
I got to lev 23 b4 i went against the first boss (guard scorpian thingy)
: Or what can you get to, try and get to a higher lev than 23, it is seriosly hard!!! trust me!
: Also some1 on another forum, il post the name when i remember it but its not that important, some1 said they got to lev 99, but..... IMPOSSIBLE i say...
and some1 kind enough, who was not taking what this person had said, replied;

You rang?

2,463,710 exp to get to level 99.
-----
WOW! I got to lev 99 after i had beaten the game, and i trained were i could get 8000 exp, and it still took a while, so this guy saying he had done this was LYING!

G SpOtZ
08-19-2005, 06:18 PM
i got to level 16 right before the wall market, but that was just because i was trying to get to finishing touch. i did, so i just quit and did the whole transexual mission thing. lol i'm too lazy to try to level up with weak monsters.

Cloud Lionheart
08-19-2005, 06:25 PM
Yeah dont blame ya. The only reason i got to lev 23 is coz i was just pressing the *circle* button and talking to my "FRIEND" (yeah right) all i needed to do was use a potion (that you get of the enemys there) every now and then... So that way it isnt so damn boring...

Any1 else?

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Why bother?

Cloud Lionheart
08-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Becoz its fun to walk all over your enemys...
And because that guy said that he got to lev 99 and i just wanted to see if any1 else had got any more than lev 23, mabe 30...40...50......puff....99!

princevodlac
08-19-2005, 08:56 PM
I didnt waste my time doing that...it's to boring and to time consuming

boys from the dwarf
08-19-2005, 09:28 PM
it a watse of time getting to level 99 so early as it is not neccasary and you can complete the game easier and also you wont have much materia by then so if you want to get that high early make sure you have some cure,fire,ice and bolt materias as soon as possible then train or you will have good everything apart from magic and materia.but it is far from impoosible to get to level 99 at the start.

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Becoz its fun to walk all over your enemys...Really it isn't fun. Where is the challenge? I'm always disappointed with a boss if it doesn't kill me first time round or if it doesn't present any sort of challenge at all.

Shoeberto
08-19-2005, 09:59 PM
I got to 99 before I even entered the first reactor.

Debug room helped, of course.

DK
08-19-2005, 10:03 PM
Really it isn't fun. Where is the challenge? I'm always disappointed with a boss if it doesn't kill me first time round or if it doesn't present any sort of challenge at all.

You must have been helluva disappointed, then, I can only think of 2 bosses that killed me in that game.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-19-2005, 10:03 PM
The first time I played, I made a point of being at Level 50 by the time I reached Nibelheim, since that was Sephiroth's level in the flashback.

DK
08-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Where did you level up to reach that? 'cause when I get to Nibelheim I usually go through to get Rune Blade and Level up in the mountains before I fight that bastard Lost Number. And I level up until all of my characters have level 2 magics and 1000+ hp, and thats around level 30ish?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-19-2005, 10:20 PM
I leveled up the most around the Gold Saucer, getting everyone's Limit Breaks in the process.

Barney
08-19-2005, 11:24 PM
wow level 50 buy Nibelheim, lol i only got to level 50 at the end of the game, i mean level 50 was the level cloud was when he beat sepiroth for the final time lol. i never liked training.

Mirage
08-20-2005, 03:31 AM
Set off the alarm in Junon and you can fight enemies meant for disc 2 on disc 1. You can kill them off fast with aqualung :<.

Cloud Lionheart
08-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Yeah thats always handy...
When i got out of the first reactor, i just took the game as it came (rap), and that way i didnt really have to train... but i LOVE TO TRAIN, thats the point of RPG's, to make the charicter your own, so you might as well make your own char, a good one... And ive always wanted to be lev 50 by the time i get to nebeilheim coz of the same reason as KAWAII, man that would be cool, coz your all like (ment to be) WOW sephiroth is absolutly amazing and kicks serius BUTT, but... hehe... the only prob is... is that you turn in to ZACK at that point and go to lev 1 if i remember rightly,

you could always train up to lev 50 a ZACK, but man... from lev 1 to lev 50, but it would be easy coz seph would do the fights...

And about training, as i sed i LOVE IT, i would LOVE IT if you could get to lev 999, but no you have to stop at 99, on star ocean can you get higher by the way, coz im going up levs really quick!!! I loved the idea on 10, were you can go on training and it doesent run out of levs, WELL I DID!!! I GOT ALL THE SPHERE GRID FULL WITH TIDUS, YUNA AND ALMOST WAKKA!!! but one day in the future, square will make one were you can train forever... anyway theres my speach, cough...Oh yeah.... na i want carry on lol! SORRY!

G SpOtZ
08-20-2005, 06:47 PM
haha you can't level up in the flashback, if that's what u were talking about.

also, i can't imagine how they would possibly make leveling up unlimited... they would eventually have to have a limit, but i GUESSS they could make the limit soooooooo far that you'd get bored on ur way. lol

Rengori
08-20-2005, 06:49 PM
Really it isn't fun. Where is the challenge? I'm always disappointed with a boss if it doesn't kill me first time round or if it doesn't present any sort of challenge at all.

You must have been helluva disappointed, then, I can only think of 2 bosses that killed me in that game.
And about thirty of them knocked out at least two characters and severly damaged the third.

McTyzermo
08-21-2005, 01:17 AM
second time I played ff7 I made a point of levelling up as little as I could, and managed to beat seperoth at level 41. Makes the game play more interesting to be low level I’d say. It’s tedious getting to level 99, find something better to do man.

Luke_loki
08-21-2005, 01:28 AM
sounds like people have too much time on their hands

G SpOtZ
08-21-2005, 01:35 AM
sounds like people have too much time on their hands
dun be such a hater -_-;;
XD

yeah i do have too much time on my hands lol... i'm getting my last excessive gaming in until school starts (tuesday)

Cloud Lionheart
08-21-2005, 01:50 PM
I love it that i dont go to school, but COURSE WORK sucks!
Anyway, why not play games, its like being in anouther world rather than this bull crud world! i mean what would be the point on making a rpg on this world... FF7?...EARTH?...

This world dusent have matira, therefor earth sucks, this world dusent have sephiroth, or any major bad guys, it dusent have any good guys either... or a world map lol!!!

.............................What am i dribbling about???

McTyzermo
08-21-2005, 08:31 PM
i dunno buddy, i rekkon sepheroth could be bin-larden or some uber terrorist guy eh? and shin-ra would have to be gorge bush and co...... but who could be cloud i wonder?

Could he be YOU. *points*

Rengori
08-21-2005, 09:25 PM
bin-larden

Polnareff
08-21-2005, 09:58 PM
To be honest, when I fought Guard Scorpion, I was only level 8 :P

I also did what Ryukishi said, and trained the characters around the Gold Saucer area right before I went to Cosmo Canyon, so that I could get Aqualung from the Chimera. Then I backtracked through Costa Del Sol all the way back to near Midgar to fight the Zolom and get Beta (Cloud only had one HP left after he was hit by Beta; I'm glad he didn't get killed; he was the one equipped with the "Enemy Skill" Materia), and any other Enemy Skills I could get at that point.

But after I went to Cosmo Canyon, my characters were each about level 25 or so. Once I got to the Shinra Mansion, they were around level 26-27. I leveled them up in there until they were all over level 40. I got most of the Limit Breaks by doing this (I already have all of Cloud's, Barret's, Tifa's, and Red's except for the level 4 ones).

I got Vincent at level 31, and boy was it difficult :P Stupid Lost Number or whatever its name is almost killed everyone in my party. Now I'm at the part where Cid's plane crashes in the ocean :P

-N-
08-22-2005, 12:39 AM
rap?

raskerino
08-22-2005, 12:45 AM
Anyway, why not play games, its like being in anouther world rather than this bull crud world! i mean what would be the point on making a rpg on this world... FF7?...EARTH?...

Actually two great rpg's (in my humble declarative opinion) Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts 2 are set on earth between 1914-1920 with references to other points in time. They're loosely based around WWI, and the slight connections work really well.

On subject I'm usually about level 8-10 when I fight guardian scorpion.

Polnareff
08-22-2005, 12:53 AM
rap?

Rap basically means to chat or talk, aside from its other meaning. Yeah, I know, English has become quite weird, hasn't it :P

wow level 50 buy Nibelheim, lol i only got to level 50 at the end of the game, i mean level 50 was the level cloud was when he beat sepiroth for the final time lol. i never liked training.

Yeah, the first time I played the game, I didn't do much leveling up. The result was that I didn't get any good limit breaks (I only got up to the lvl 2 ones) and my materia wasn't leveled up. Can't believe I made it as far into the game as I did. Bizarro Sephiroth KO'd someone every turn.

All my characters the first time I played were in between level 40 and level 60; some characters like Barret and Cid were only level 30 :P I had to start the game all over because I didn't know you could leave the crater.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-22-2005, 12:56 AM
rap?

Rap basically means to chat or talk, aside from its other meaning. Yeah, I know, English has become quite weird, hasn't it :PI think the guy was just under the impression that "train" and "game" rhyme.

Cloud Lionheart
08-22-2005, 12:26 PM
Who knows.... wait... i wrote it?

G SpOtZ
08-22-2005, 06:35 PM
my name is g-spot,
cuz i alaways hit the hotspot,
and i like barret's big shot
but i hate cait sith's slot.

i level and train til i drop,
and i love cid's mop,
and i'm neva gonna stop,
like the omnislash chop.

most of this doesn't make sense,
but it doesn't have to.
let's go ride in my benz,
jus me n u.

YEAH! rap on. anyway i'm about to go back to the midgar zolem to get beta, and then get white wind, and maybe go look around for some other enemy skillz. i need tifa's meteor strike and a few more of yuffie's limit breaks. i hear she has nice ones.... nice LIMITS, i mean. tifa's the one with the nice.....ones....yeah.

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-22-2005, 06:48 PM

You must have been helluva disappointed, then, I can only think of 2 bosses that killed me in that game.I was, especially by the last bosses. They were far too easy.

Cloud Lionheart
08-24-2005, 03:48 PM
I admit i died a few times... first time round. But since then ive been carfull and tryied to go threw the game ... No GAME OVERS.... anyone done that?

Rengori
08-24-2005, 10:21 PM
If I try, I'll lose part of my mako-infused soul.

Rikku_Is_Me
08-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Not to sound stupid, but is there a name for that first "boss"....the one with the scorpion tail??

G SpOtZ
08-27-2005, 01:04 AM
Not to sound stupid, but is there a name for that first "boss"....the one with the scorpion tail??
guard scorpion.

Rikku_Is_Me
08-27-2005, 01:27 AM
I can't beat the butthole....I blast the crap out of it and it just doesn't die....any hints

G SpOtZ
08-27-2005, 01:32 AM
the only advice i can give is to simply not attack when it has its tail up, cuz it'll move and then shoot you. whip out magic and attacks, lightening and limits are the key.

Crop
08-27-2005, 12:13 PM
Why would you want to level up so much at the begining of the game? Its so boring.

Cloud Lionheart
08-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Yeah this is cuming from some1 called CROP! anywho, Yeah but its challenge!

Rikku_Is_Me
08-27-2005, 07:14 PM
I finally got by him and blew up the reactor....No I'm through all the blabbermouths at the hideout too.....thank God....BORING.....now I'm in the process of blowing up reactor #5.... :D

Crop
08-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Yeah this is cuming from some1 called CROP! anywho, Yeah but its challenge!

And whats that supposed to mean? :mad:

Dreddz
08-28-2005, 11:57 AM
I dont really train that much until I get to the path after the Sleeping Forest
Those frog things give alot of exp.
Got to lvl 40 at the end of disc 1

Rikku_Is_Me
08-29-2005, 01:08 AM
Now I'm stuck in the Slums in sector 5...LOLz

Rengori
08-29-2005, 01:13 AM
No offense, but Midgar has 1, maybe 2 hard moments.

Rikku_Is_Me
08-29-2005, 02:01 AM
Maybe I'm just a dunce then.....>.<

EDIT: I'm just blind....LOLz.....I didn't even see that stupid board to walk up....>.<

MysticD
09-04-2005, 07:44 AM
LOLOLOLOL!!!
I was only level nine when i completed the first mission thingy....

Alive-Cat
09-04-2005, 11:37 AM
I don't usually bother leveling up that early in the game, because it's just wasting time and I don't need to. I usually end up level 13 after beating the guard scorpion.

boys from the dwarf
09-04-2005, 03:58 PM
i dont know is this has been said already but in the room in temple of the ancients where you fight the red dragon there are some easy enimies tht guve you about 2000exp per battle.

Cloud Lionheart
09-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Indeed, its realy good for that point in the game!

G SpOtZ
09-04-2005, 07:39 PM
i was about level 44 or 43 i think when i fought demon gate. beat him in 5 turns O_O i've NEVER done that before. he was always the hardest boss for me but i entered with limit breaks... first off, i used tifa's limit and it was up to meteor strike, so that took off a LOT of hp considering she did 1000+ for each hit. then i just casted big guard (i'm not sure why, it wasn't needed) and since aeris was at her limit i just used healing wind after demon gate attacked a couple of times, then i waited... waited... waited... until he attacked cloud (he didn't enter the battle with his limit) so then cloud was at his limit, he counterattacked after he got hit then i made him use meteorain. so actually i beat him in 4 turns and i only needed to use 2 turns. tifa's lmit and clouds meteorain. god i love it. can you all say "meteorape?"

Rikku_Is_Me
09-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Hey, I am now out of the slums and just got past the sewer....that sewer monster was a piece of cake..... :tongue:

Gilgamesh of Legends
09-05-2005, 10:43 PM
I dont really train that much until I get to the path after the Sleeping Forest
Those frog things give alot of exp.
Got to lvl 40 at the end of disc 1

one of my saves is level 80 on disk one, i trained at the lower mideel beach,beach

Rengori
09-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Sorry to break it to you, but Mideel isn't accessable until disk 2.

Carl the Llama
09-06-2005, 01:07 AM
he means the place next to mideel not the actual place its the place between mideel and the cave with quadra magic materia wich is accessable on disk one

Rikku_Is_Me
09-06-2005, 02:50 AM
So how do you defend against Reno's Pyramid??? :mad2:

G SpOtZ
09-06-2005, 04:02 AM
attack it physically. it'll go away.

Rikku_Is_Me
09-07-2005, 01:58 AM
Was that sarcasm??....If no, then what do you mean....Attack it physically??

Skyblade
09-07-2005, 02:07 AM
Choose the attack command, then cycle around to the character affected (I don't think the pyramid is a selectable target, but if so, target it), and attack it physically.

Rikku_Is_Me
09-07-2005, 02:37 AM
thanx, Skyblade...