PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Northern Crater

Pre1321
08-19-2005, 08:28 PM
I went down to the swamp in Northern Crater to train where the Magic Pots are and then got back out fine. I dropped the save crystal where all the characters convene for the first time and saved. After doing some stuff back up on the surface, I went back down again to train and all the characters were convened in the same spot but I couldn't talk to any of them and I could like, walk through them. I went to the swamp and trained and they were still there when I went back, but this time I couldn't climb up the pole (whatever it is) to get back up and out of the crater. I can't save at the save point either for some reason. I trained for like 3 hours in the cave and gained like 20 levels, mastered a bunch of materia, gained limit breaks, and my game is running right now because I don't want to turn it off without saving. I've also tried going all the way down to the "point of no return" where you jump into the center of the planet. All the characters were there and I got items from them and went back up and I STILL can't climp up the pole in the original area. WHAT CAN I DO????

Rhi
08-19-2005, 08:30 PM
did you save when you split into two groups?

Pre1321
08-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Yea I think I might have. Does that mean I messed it up? lol

Rhi
08-19-2005, 09:02 PM
im not sure

it sounds like a glitch if you can walk through the characters but not talk to them because once you split you can't see the other characters at that point again you have to go down to where you fight Jenova and Sephiroth

so..........i think its a glitch and youre stuck. sorry

if you like, ill tell you an awesome place to train (heard from my brothers friend, he plays ff)

it takes longer than in the northern crater or the sunken airship but you barely take any damage, you can kill the opponents much quicker and you get a decent amount of exp, ap and gil

boys from the dwarf
08-19-2005, 09:30 PM
no.the same thing happened to me.cid was blocking the way out but there was another passage somewhere but unless your game has glitched you are o.k just keep on trying.

Rhi
08-19-2005, 09:38 PM
no.the same thing happened to me.cid was blocking the way out but there was another passage somewhere but unless your game has glitched you are o.k just keep on trying.
i agree

Cruise Control
08-19-2005, 09:49 PM
You have to go to the screen where the two paths meet
then go back up.

Cloud Lionheart
08-19-2005, 11:08 PM
i thought thats the screen he was stuck on

Rhi
08-20-2005, 08:58 PM
yea, sounds like it

Mercen-X
08-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Where are you again?

G SpOtZ
08-20-2005, 10:05 PM
the pic on the left is where i got stuck in my pc version for one file only. but ever since, i've been able to climb back out.

MysticD
09-03-2005, 10:37 AM
I went down to the swamp in Northern Crater to train where the Magic Pots are and then got back out fine. I dropped the save crystal where all the characters convene for the first time and saved. After doing some stuff back up on the surface, I went back down again to train and all the characters were convened in the same spot but I couldn't talk to any of them and I could like, walk through them. I went to the swamp and trained and they were still there when I went back, but this time I couldn't climb up the pole (whatever it is) to get back up and out of the crater. I can't save at the save point either for some reason. I trained for like 3 hours in the cave and gained like 20 levels, mastered a bunch of materia, gained limit breaks, and my game is running right now because I don't want to turn it off without saving. I've also tried going all the way down to the "point of no return" where you jump into the center of the planet. All the characters were there and I got items from them and went back up and I STILL can't climp up the pole in the original area. WHAT CAN I DO????

God,you created a save point at the place where you spit up right?

You are doomed.
Your file is wrecked now. :(