PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars and WoW

Vaprice
08-20-2005, 02:58 AM
hello, I was just wondering what you think of both of these games? And which one in your mind is a very good and well made game to play. My friend and I were talking about this game and I'm just wanting some more opinions before I invest money into anything I buy in the near future.

Shoeberto
08-20-2005, 04:14 AM
Guild Wars is a lot of fun if you can get with a good party. That can be a pain sometimes, though, and even if you have a good party throughout a mission, chances are pretty good that you'll disband as soon as the mission is over. That's what got tiring to me in the game.

Madame Adequate
08-20-2005, 05:49 AM
I'm loving WoW right now. I'm in an extremely awesome guild, which means I can find out pretty much anything I need to right away, and additionally though it doesn't break much new ground, it is extremely accomplished at what it does.

Guild Wars honestly seem like a flashy version of Diablo 2, and if I want that I'll go play the classic.

neosephiroth
08-20-2005, 05:59 AM
I play both and am considering just playing GW mainly because of the subsription fee. They are both fun but GW is alot cheaper to play. One thing that I have to complain about GW though is that if your not in a guild then there really isnt any social interation.....

escobert
08-20-2005, 09:43 AM
Guild Wars > All
I've played Everquest, Guild Wars, Final Fantasy XI, and Shadowbane. Of them all my favorite is Guild Wars. There's no subscription fees, you don't have to level up for hours, and atleast so far the people I've meet are all nice and guilds are rather easy to get into.

Shoeberto
08-20-2005, 06:28 PM
I tend to get into groups where the people drop as soon as you accidentally pass the bonus in a mission, even when it's the first time for most of your party members and none of you knew any better.

Then you get people that drop because they get killed even though it's their fault that they rushed and call your party noobs.

And, like I said before, good parties usually disband after a mission, so you have to find a new group of people.

I guess if you have the resolve to form new parties all the time, it's really good, but I guess I just don't have the patience for that sort of thing.

escobert
08-20-2005, 07:37 PM
If I can't find a party I just get henchmen.

Lindy
08-20-2005, 07:41 PM
You can't compare them because they're different types of games and work in different ways, GW is good if you want a teamplay game and a heavy, tournament-styled PvP aspect, WoW is good if you want a larger persistent world, conquest-based PvP and a big time-sink.

Also, GW and D2 are nothing alike because there's no endless repetitive grind for items that are better by 1% or armour that is stronger by one point, it's easy to get a max damage weapon, and it's easy to get the strongest armour and you max out at level 20.

It can be rather hellish to play GW without at least one friend, or a group or guild of friends, I don't mind forming the occasional PUG, but I like to have at least one person I KNOW I can rely on.