PDA

View Full Version : Diablo II: PvP Questing

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-20-2005, 09:36 AM
An idea that struck me during the hours spent doing mindless tasks at work. I need about 8 people for this, but others are welcome to try it if we get more.

All right, this would be a private game played at prearranged times (unfortunately it probably'd be hard to set up, but we can work on that). There MUST be an even number of players, and 8 is the maximum due to battle.net limits.

We all make characters (probably Ladder but nonladder is workable too) and join a private game together. There will be two prearranged teams, splitting the numbers in half. We will then proceed to play through the entire game, both teams simulataneously questing and trying to kill each other as well as the other monsters. These characters will NOT be used outside of the games we are all playing together unless we agree beforehand that we will permit people to level on their own in order to take down bosses that our constant backstabbing is making difficult. Also, all items we possess MUST be either from the game or from any leveling sessions we do allow, and we may restrict leveling sessions to an "everybody party together" thing.

The concept seems like it might be a pretty good twist on what becomes a rather stale game online. As we're questing we're constantly fighting not only the monsters but each other and scrambling to gather meager resources. Characters and builds must be selected with utmost care, as they must be good not only for constant party play but for PvP as well. Anyways, anyone interested post in this thread and we'll see if we can't set it up.

escobert
08-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Wow, if I wasn't so into Guild Wars I would love to do that. I'm a HUGE Diablo 2 fan. Played it for years. I'll think about that :D

Dignified Pauper
08-20-2005, 05:51 PM
I once had an idea similar to this, but never so great and gradeur. Count me in. PM me with details or reminders, because I forget easily.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Will do. Start thinking about the kind of characters you want to play now, I already know what I'll be running :D

When we do do it, we'll all need to coordinate both amongst the team and amongst each other. I want to get at least 4 people, but I'd prefer 6-8 as it'd be much funner.

Dignified Pauper
08-20-2005, 05:59 PM
Either Barb or Pally... mmm Hammer...

Maybe a druid.. I like the elemental spells... who knows, it'll be a random pick.

KuRt
08-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Taht sounds extremely cool! too bad I donīt have d2 anymore :cry:

Luc
08-20-2005, 10:17 PM
I'll play, maybe. ;x

Haven't played in a while so I forgot most of the stuff. If I DO play, I'll be a sorceress. D;

Captain Maxx Power
08-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Do this be HC or SC? Also what realm?

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-21-2005, 06:20 AM
That'd have to be agreed upon once we have enough players. I generally play US West, but I'm open to playing in other areas.

Necronopticous
08-21-2005, 06:22 AM
Give me a time, I'm there.

KoShiatar
08-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Aaww, why don't I have broadband? I'd be so willingly to join.

Dignified Pauper
08-21-2005, 09:21 PM
I say we don't do hardcore, since we'll be killing eachother.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-21-2005, 09:32 PM
No, no hardcore. We're going to be killing each other a LOT.

Anyways, I'm considering trying to set a game for tomorrow. What times are people available and who all is going to play if I do? I personally get off at 2:00 PM Pacific time and am probably going to be free for the rest of the day unless something comes up.

KoShiatar
08-21-2005, 09:33 PM
By the way, tell me when you're doing it. I might pop in once in a while.

Flying Mullet
08-22-2005, 01:24 PM
xD Yeah, I don't think hardcore would be the best option here. :)

Dignified Pauper
08-22-2005, 06:03 PM
yea, definitely no hardcore, but we need to organize this better and get more people.

Edit: I may be gaming already, so the best way to reach me is by AIM which is in my profile and here.

dignified popper

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-23-2005, 05:07 AM
All right, if we want this to go, this is what I need. Everyone who is interested in playing, please post saying that you are. Not if you might, not if you wish you could, if you CAN. We'll go from there.

Necronopticous
08-23-2005, 05:33 AM
I can, and want to, so long as we can work around my work schedule. Don't think it should be a very big problem.

Dignified Pauper
08-23-2005, 05:42 AM
most definitely.

Luc
08-23-2005, 11:34 AM
I can, as well. Although.. I'm not exactly sure what time I'm gonna get home. I'm thinking maybe around 2:30 PM-3:30 Pacific time..

Also, I might be playing FFXI, so just hit me up on AIM, which is in my profile. D;

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-23-2005, 05:11 PM
That's enough to start a game, but I'd really prefer to have more. Today and tomorrow I'm busy, I may be able to do it on Thursday unless something comes up, probably around 2:30 Pacific Time or so (I get off work at 2:00).

If anyone else wants to jump in, please feel free to do so.

Necronopticous
08-23-2005, 05:13 PM
We might have to make it a little later than 2:30 PST, due to my work schedule. I'm not quite sure of my hours yet, but I'll let you know when I find out.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Unless we get at least one more person, preferably three, this cannot go forward.

Dignified Pauper
08-25-2005, 04:53 PM
I think you should probably add all of us to your AIM so that you can co-ordinate this better.

My AIM is mentioned above. And I'm sure the rest are in their profiles, or what-not.

KoShiatar
08-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Is it a game with or without Expansion set? And what about the latest patch? Is it still 1.10?