PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VI or Chrono Trigger ?

Dreddz
08-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Which One Is Better.....

Captain Maxx Power
08-20-2005, 01:53 PM
There t'ain't any difference, in reality they be the same game in two seperate forms. Ar, don't ye know anything?

raskerino
08-20-2005, 01:53 PM
I really like chrono trigger, I never got obsessed with FF6.

Final_Heavan_33
08-20-2005, 02:00 PM
i preferred Chrono Trigger, the plot was better and the characters and i just had more fun with it, actually having mentioned this i think i will go play it on Zsnes now.......

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Wrong forum.

Aphelion
08-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Even though FFVI features an interesting plot and charismatic characters, nothing compares to Akira Toriyama's character design and the time travels in Chrono Trigger. My vote goes to CT.

Ouch!
08-20-2005, 04:42 PM
I'm 'bout half way through both games and I have to say I'm enjoying CT much more. FFVI is good, but to me it feels like FFVII--overhyped. I like the characters in Chrono Trigger far more, specifically Frog. Frog owns.

Tama2
08-20-2005, 05:55 PM
FFVI. CT was pretty good but I enjoy all the features of a game. CT wan't man enough to satisfy my needs for music.

crashNUMBERS
08-20-2005, 06:29 PM
Why is it always FF6?? Wheres FF4 for a change??

Dreddz
08-20-2005, 06:54 PM
Why is it always FF6??
Cause It Is.....

crashNUMBERS
08-20-2005, 07:07 PM
:cry:

Prancing Mad
08-22-2005, 04:19 AM
Man, people act like Chrono Trigger is the end all be all of snes. Character development in CT? WT poop are you talking about people! They are all EXTREMELY one-dimensional characters, with the exception of Magus. Everyone in 6 has depth. When Celes throws herself off the cliff, the opera scene, Locke's past with Rachel, Cyan's wife and child, man, I could go on and on.

CT is the over-hyped game. I don't even get the nostalgic feeling when I play that game. There was no point, when I said, "Man that's cool", or "Wow". It left me with nothing to say really. I'll admit, for it's time though, the graphics were good, the battle transitions and the combo attacks were cool, but, that's it. The music was pure and straight 80s influence, and it mostly blew. 6 had wicked graphics for its days too. The music was the most beautiful score for snes according to my ears. CT had its moments, but do not call FF6 under-rated. If I had started playing RPGs with FF4, or 5, I would never be on this forum. If I started with CT, I probably would have thought it was cool, but I never would've put forth any effort to beating it, 'cause I didn't care at all for any of the characters. The one good thing it had was graphics really, and decent gameplay.

Bah, anyways, that being said, I've played chrono trigger 3 times. FF6 at least 6 times, FF4 3 times, FF5 once, FF1 twice, FF7 four times, 8 four times, 9 three times, and 10 three times ( and I don't even own a ps2 lol). I've played like every playstation RPG on the planet and every snes for sure. I've never loved anything like I have 6, even though I've spent like 300 hours on tactics. Trust me, play 6 with the eyes of someone living in the time when it came out, and you'll appreciate it more. It was the 1st game that made anyone care deeply for its characters. 4 had so many deaths it was almost laughable. It's attempt at making you care for characters that didn't matter was almost pitiable. Still loved it though. Well, I think my response is long enough, I've wasted enough of everyone's lives. 6 is the bomb! hurrah!

Dreddz
08-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Ive got and have played FFVI btw
I havent played CT, but I will in due course, just wanted opinions on these 2.....

TurkSlayer
08-22-2005, 01:03 PM
I'd say FFVI, but then I never bet Chrono Trigger because my disk broke. :cry: