PDA

View Full Version : A strange happpening (random LV ups)

NightShadow
08-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Have you ever noticed in the past that when your playing a game that your characters level automatically goes up? I mean like in certain games, say a character in your party (someone you were presently using in combat) for some reason leaves your group.After awhile (after fighting and getting your levels up HIGHER THEN WHEN THAT OTHER CHARACTER LEFT) when you find the same person again and they rejoin their LV isn't the same as when they left.It's the same level or close to it as yours (even when they weren't currently used). Why does this happen?

ThroneofDravaris
08-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Have you noticed that this doesn't belong here?

lol, sorry couldn't resist.

Anyway, I have no idea, but I'm sure that there is some formula for it.

Cruise Control
08-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Generaly Charatcers not in your party recieve Half EXP

Dignified Pauper
08-20-2005, 05:05 PM
no, i think you mean like in FF6 upon finding your characters in the WoR, their levels are higher in conjunction with yours. I think this is a good thing, because they had to fight monsters for 1 year while Celes was sleeping.

NightShadow
08-20-2005, 05:20 PM
no, i think you mean like in FF6 upon finding your characters in the WoR, their levels are higher in conjunction with yours. I think this is a good thing, because they had to fight monsters for 1 year while Celes was sleeping.

No, I've seen it happen lots of times before. Take "Legend of Mana" HA! :) .It happened all the time when you left someone alone (not in your group).

omnitarian
08-20-2005, 05:41 PM
There's two likely causes:

1. When the character rejoins your party, the game forces them up a few levels. After all, if he would have joined your party at a lower level, he might have been to weak to be of any use.

2. Many games use your party's average level in order to determine what level a character will be when they join your party. Levelling your main guys while a character is gone will bring up your party's average level, so when the character rejoins, he will be at a higher level than when he left. FF6 and FFTA use this formula.

3. EDIT: And, of course, many games give a portion of the exp gained to all of your characters, even those not in your party. Baten Kaitos is one example.

NightShadow
08-20-2005, 05:44 PM
There's two likely causes:

1. When the character rejoins your party, the game forces them up a few levels. After all, if he would have joined your party at a lower level, he might have been to weak to be of any use.

2. Many games use your party's average level in order to determine what level a character will be when they join your party. Levelling your main guys while a character is gone will bring up your party's average level, so when the character rejoins, he will be at a higher level than when he left. FF6 and FFTA use this formula.

Both of those anwsers seems very likly and make the most sense :) .I'm on your side *steps over the line*.