PDA

View Full Version : recomend some animes people

Skarr
08-20-2005, 08:15 PM
i'm tring to broden my anime horizen....any suggestions...by the way i already watch cowboy bebop....inuyasha...and gungrave...

Mercen-X
08-20-2005, 08:40 PM
FINALLY !!!! Somebody's watching Gungrave . . . I think I'm gonna:cry::weep::crying:

Max
08-20-2005, 08:51 PM
whew here we go

Ranma 1/2
Samuri Champloo
Tenchi Muyo
Dragon Ball Z
Pokemon
One Piece
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Zatch Bell
Yu-Yu-Hakusho
DBGT
Rave Master

Most are animes i used to watch on CN. But hey im a kid inside :D

MJN SEIFER
08-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Pokmon Digimon Sailor Moon Hamtaro.

I realize the last too are pretty old but their clssics.

Shoeberto
08-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Serial Experiments Lain
Boogiepop Phantom
FLCL
Paranoia Agent
Escaflowne
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing

Skarr
08-20-2005, 10:16 PM
wow thanks

Freya
08-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Forget all those!
Go for Saiyuki. No one ever says a thing about that and it's great. If you have ever heard of a chain smoking, beer drinking, demon befriending, ill behaved preist before please tell me. I mean come on it's got a goku in it. You know journey to the west but add guns and demons in it. Lots and lots of demons. Oh a godess too.

Other than that, well
Ninja Scroll- older but still has kickarse ninja's with blood lots of it.
Samurai Deeper Kyo - i mean really more to explain than what's the first word in the name.
Same thing alot of poeple say but Evangalion, well i like it.

Other than that really all you ever hear is the same thing coming from everyone's mouth that's on cable tv. Go for the less comman know they are usally better.

Look for things buy geneon they have some of the best things (gungrave, chobits, fushgi yugi, hellsing, saiyuki, techi muyo, trigun, ect ect)

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles
Bleach
Spiral
Probably Slayers, I'll tell you how it is when I get it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-20-2005, 11:21 PM
<ul type="square"><li>Urusei Yatsura
<li>The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
<li>El-Hazard: The Magnificent World
<li>Now and Then, Here and There</ul>

ughhis
08-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Series

Koi Kaze
Haibane Renmei
Now and Then, Here and There
Berserk**
RahXephon
Monster
Shinseiki Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Juuni Kokki
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
Serial Experiments Lain
Seikai no Monshou
Seikai no Senki

Movies

Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust
Kamui no Ken
Grave of the Fireflies
Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä**
Mononoke Hime
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko
Hoshi no Koe

** ALSO READ THE MANGA

:<3:

krissy
08-21-2005, 12:39 AM
gunXsword

the first half of gungrave was great
the rest was crap compared to the beggining

Aphelion
08-21-2005, 12:59 AM
Rurouni Kenshin, Gundam Wing, Card Captor Sakura.

Skarr
08-21-2005, 03:29 AM
i'll most defiently check some of those out...thanks u guys

White Raven
08-22-2005, 03:09 AM
Hellsing, Trigun, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist and Naruto (but only if you like Anime's that are somewhat DBZ like).

:)

Skarr
08-22-2005, 03:23 AM
don't get me wrong...i've nothing against dbz...but pokemon and yu gi oh....suck...sorry to whoever likes them...but its the truth...now i've been meaning to sit down and watch trigun...but alas...i'll try...thanks

escobert
08-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Rurouni Kenshin and Outlaw Star.

Primus Inter Pares
08-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Neon Genesis Evangelion, if you haven't seen this you haven't seen anime...

Drift
08-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Naruto, Bleach, Tsubasa Chronicle, Initial D (all 4 series), Samurai 7, Gundam X, Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, My Neighbour Totoro, Melody of Oblivion.
And thats all i can think of right now, My Neighbour Totoro is a movie btw.

Raven Nox
08-22-2005, 11:18 AM
<b>Elfen Lied</b>. If you haven't seen it, you must. It's amazing. It has tons of blood and nudity... but it's still a good show. XD My sig is a screwd up version of some pictures from Elfen Lied. n.n

And <b>Slayers</b>, I really like it, it was my favorite anime for the longest time.

<b>Noir</b>, it replaced my favorite anime for the longest time. (then Elfen Lied replaced that.)

<b>Bleach</b>, I've only read the manga, but I've heard the anime was amazing. If it's anything like the manga, then it is.

<b>Fruits Basket</b> I realize you've probably seen this (and maybe a few others I've listed.) But, it's just. Great. It just flows, I don't know what to say. The manga is better, and tells much more of the story, since the anime is only half of it, but the anime is still wonderful.

I have others but... i hope that helps for now. XD I can explain the stories and stuff for you if you PM me... but you've probably heard of/seen everything I've listed anyway. XD

Dreddz
08-22-2005, 12:25 PM
GUYVER !!!!!!

ThroneofDravaris
08-22-2005, 12:47 PM
If you like Serious, “mess with your mind” anime, you can’t look past Evangelion, Serial Experiments Lain and Rahxephon. If you like Meche anime, exchange Gundam Wing in there somewhere as well.

If it’s comedy anime you’re after, watch Azumanga Daioh. Seriously, it’s probably the best out there. Otherwise, Love Hina and Excel saga are very good as well.

TurkSlayer
08-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Outlaw Star.

I haven't seen that in years. :cry:

Anyway, my list:

FLCL (Icredible show, though very confusing if you don't watch each episode more than once.)
Paranioa Agent (If you enjoy strange and twisted anime)
Full Metal Alchemist
Rorouni Kenshin
Samurai Champloo

Friends of mine also tell me that Naruto and Fruit Basket are good, but I haven't seen them.

Old Manus
08-22-2005, 02:56 PM
POKEMON

edczxcvbnm
08-22-2005, 03:16 PM
Go for Saiyuki. No one ever says a thing about that and it's great. If you have ever heard of a chain smoking, beer drinking, demon befriending, ill behaved preist before please tell me. I mean come on it's got a goku in it. You know journey to the west but add guns and demons in it. Lots and lots of demons. Oh a godess too.

I like Saiyuki also but good luck finding someplace to download it now. I was lucky when I found it.

Also...of course it has Goku in it. It is based off of the original Chinese myth of a monk's journy west...which is also exactly where Goku from Dragonball is based off of also.

ThroneofDravaris
08-22-2005, 03:20 PM
POKEMON

There's always one....

Freya
08-22-2005, 03:33 PM

I like Saiyuki also but good luck finding someplace to download it now. I was lucky when I found it.

Also...of course it has Goku in it. It is based off of the original Chinese myth of a monk's journy west...which is also exactly where Goku from Dragonball is based off of also.

Yeah knew that that's why i put "journey to the west in my first post. I had to mention a goku cause poeple don't ussally know what it is otherwise.
Lucky me my rental store(hastings) has all the dvd's of them. I think they only get them for me cause i hardly ever see ANY animes gone, 'cept when i raid it. They got alot i mean the have like section. That's only to rent they have alot more to buy. I can get almost anything there. Anywho if you can find it then get it.

Skarr
08-22-2005, 06:40 PM
again...wow...i'll see what i can find.....i used to watch outlaw star as well...that was good..

Skarr
08-22-2005, 06:40 PM
again...wow...i'll see what i can find.....i used to watch outlaw star as well...that was good...

Drift
08-22-2005, 11:17 PM
double post~

black orb
08-23-2005, 07:08 AM
>>> Bleach
Bleach
Bleach
Bleach
Bleach
Bleach
Bleach
Bleach
Bleach
Bleach and Bleach

Slade
08-23-2005, 07:16 AM
Just finished watching the Ninja Scroll series and it is freakin awsome. So yeah, i recomend Ninja Scroll. Also another one I recomend is Hellsing.

Fire_Emblem776
08-23-2005, 04:54 PM
the real unedited uncencord sailor moon. It is so differant! even the music was edtited from the dub.

Drift
08-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Just got Texhnolyze the first episode has little/no talking in it o_O i shall continue! looks good though

TurkSlayer
08-24-2005, 02:24 AM
the real unedited uncencord sailor moon. It is so differant! even the music was edtited from the dub.

Now thats gotta be sexy... In a... cartoony sort of way.

Polnareff
08-24-2005, 02:44 AM
Silent Mobius

Original Dirty Pair (the title makes it sound really perverted, but it's not. I'd say it's suitable for 13+. Dirty Pair Flash, on the other hand.... >.>)

Slayers (funny and action packed)

Now and Then, Here and There (pretty good anime, though it's hard to understand at first)

Ranma 1/2 (funny as all get-out, and many great characters)

Excel Saga (completely random)

For the more mainstream stuff:

Yu Yu Hakusho (great action)

Zatch Bell (follows its story very well, and the character development is pretty good. Even characters that probably shouldn't show up anymore show up :D )

Rurouni Kenshin

Movies:

Project A-ko
Kiki's Delivery Service (may not be violent but this film has it where it counts)

Rengori
08-24-2005, 03:14 AM
2 words:

LAST EXILE!!!!

edczxcvbnm
08-24-2005, 03:33 AM
2 words:

LAST EXILE!!!!

I hate that show...along with most Gonzo shows.

ShunNakamura
08-24-2005, 03:35 AM
May I say- Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. Great anime and an interesting one. Not for everyone though.. but you should still give it a go, imo.

Rengori
08-24-2005, 03:35 AM
2 words:

LAST EXILE!!!!

I hate that show...along with most Gonzo shows.
I hate you... along with most of Gonzo haters. (j/k, but it's a great show)

Skarr
08-24-2005, 06:10 PM
ahhhhhhhhhh.......ninja scroll...i'll check that out

Erased
08-26-2005, 02:13 AM
Additions:
The Miyazaki movies - including My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away
.hack series - a lot of people say it's boring, it isn't - those people just don't know how to follow a story :)

Reiterations:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Bleach
Rurouni Kenshin
Trigun

meh, I guess I'd recommend Hellsing. Strange that I didn't like it for the one reason I loved Evangelion, though. (I seriously don't think that Hellsing answers everything.....) It's short, though. And the first few episodes weren't my thing. However, if you're into the whole... I guess I'd call it necrophiliac.... thing, the beginning is much better. (yes, I WOULD take out the first couple even episodes)

mike without a hat
08-26-2005, 04:22 AM
i watch
Cowboy bebop
trigun
fooly cooly
paranoia agent
rurouni kenshin
hellsing
fullmetal alchemist
ive only watched any of them on tv though, so...

i dont watch too many but i saw this movie a while ago called tokyo godfaters, i thought it was pretty good, japanese with english subtitles

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Ray Earth is good so is Vampire Hunter D, if you really like post-apocaliptic stuff there's Violence Jack.

Destai
08-30-2005, 10:06 PM
I dont like anime much but I like Neon genesis Evangelion
.hack series - a lot of people say it's boring, it isn't - those people just don't know how to follow a story The stories interesting but its not very difficult to follow and it is pretty boring. Mainly because every second and third episode is going over what happened in the last.

Slade
08-31-2005, 06:59 AM
Theres one called Mezzo thats pretty cool. I finished watching the series not that long ago. Its damn funny. Kurokawa was a crak up.....always eating noodles. heh :D

frenchfries604
09-02-2005, 12:15 AM
naruto and love hina

Materia Hunter Yuffie
11-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Escaflowne (i absolutely love this one)
DN Angel
Fruits Basket
Rurouni Kenshin
Full Metal Alchemist

kikimm
11-21-2006, 12:29 AM