PDA

View Full Version : AP quick and easy

Shoden
08-20-2005, 08:56 PM
can someone tell me any ways to gain AP quick and easy? i'm going for the weapon challenge and i need a 2 star leveled KOTR

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Magic pots, mega elixers and triple AP weapons.

Shoden
08-20-2005, 09:08 PM
but that means i'd have to go down the point of no return in northern crater

Brian The Pink Shark
08-20-2005, 09:24 PM
easy i just did that today in 2 hours and i was on disc 2, go to mideel and train in the forests there, equip weapons with triple growth and just train, train, train :choc:

EDIT-There is no need to go to the point of no return, you can go to the swamp and leave again, :P how else could you get multiple master magics without levelling up shield and going to cosmo canyon :choc:

DK
08-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Magic pots make it far easier.

Shoeberto
08-20-2005, 09:32 PM
There is a way of quick levelling that I used many years ago.

It requires an analog controller with turbo buttons.

There's a place on the island where Mideel is where, if you keep walking straight into the edge of the island, you run back and forth. If you use a rubber band to keep your analog stick going in one direction, you just keep running without stopping.

Then you set Circle to a turbo button. This makes you characters automatically perform their melee attacks when they're in battle.

On Mideel, you fight these big eel things that give decent XP, AP, and Turbo Ethers or something like that. Set yourself up like that, leave your game playing all night, and by morning you'll probably be maxed out.

You could probably use tape on the D-pad instead of a rubber band on the analog stick, and tape on the circle button rather than a turbo button, but that's they way I did it.

It's cheap, yes, but very effective.

Rhi
08-20-2005, 09:33 PM
i go to mideel and use triple ap weapons and that works

plus, if you have a turbocontroller, you dont actually have to fight the battles

TheSpoonyBard
08-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Use Cloud, Cid and Yuffie/Vincent with the following equipment.

Cloud - Apocalypse (3x), Rune Armlet (2x)
Cid - Scimitar (3x)/Javelin (2x), Rune Armlet (2x)
Yuffie - Rising Sun (2x), Rune Armlet (2x)
Vincent - Buntline (2x), Rune Armlet (2x)

and fight in the swamp area of the Northern Crater, as mentioned above.

Brian The Pink Shark
08-20-2005, 09:43 PM
remember to get elixers off the tonberrys in the north crater, i think you have to morph them, you can use these all on the magic pots for extreme ap, use triple and double weapons to increase this, also there are creatures in the swamp called movers, they are quite hard to find but they give you much more ap than the cookpots :choc:

KoShiatar
08-20-2005, 09:44 PM
The sunken plane is a good place to train as well. And if you Morph enemies there, you get Sources.

Brian The Pink Shark
08-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Also remember to have your triple weapons on when you actually fight the weapons because you will get lots of AP off them and you'll want to triple it :choc:

G SpOtZ
08-20-2005, 10:03 PM
remember to get elixers off the tonberrys in the north crater, i think you have to morph them, you can use these all on the magic pots for extreme ap, use triple and double weapons to increase this, also there are creatures in the swamp called movers, they are quite hard to find but they give you much more ap than the cookpots :choc:
morphing tonberries get you ribbons.. i believe.

if you have more than 2 elixers, you can do the w-item glitch. just don't screw it up lol or else u'll be completely out. there's a thread on it.
just use those duplicated items in the swamp area of Northern Crater and it's not a point of no return... or at least it shouldn't be. i never had a problem with it except for on the pc version, and that was only for one file. you should be okay once you get that down.

Brian The Pink Shark
08-20-2005, 10:16 PM

ok but there is an easy way to get elixers in the crater somewhere (wow G SpOtZ knows everything) :choc:

Shoden
08-20-2005, 10:16 PM
ok i've gone down to the centre of the planet how do i get back up?

G SpOtZ
08-20-2005, 10:28 PM
u think i know everything?? lol go talk to sir bahamut and masamune1600, THEY know everything.

TheSpoonyBard
08-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Go back the way you came, avoiding the skeletal area as you cannot climb the stalactite-esque pillar near the Mystile chest.

Rengori
08-20-2005, 10:51 PM
u think i know everything?? lol go talk to sir bahamut and masamune1600, THEY know everything.
And Kishi. HE knows EVERYTHING.

Shoeberto
08-20-2005, 11:23 PM
And Kishi. HE knows EVERYTHING.
Or so he thought, until one day, when he met a very special lady. Now, with the help of his friends, he's setting out to learn a little about life, love, and Hello Kitty back massagers.

Kishi's Big Day Out - Coming this November to a theater near you.

eestlinc
08-20-2005, 11:43 PM
Yea, masamune got a 1600 on his SAT back when that meant something, and you know everyone who ever got a 1600 is a pure genius.

Shoden
08-20-2005, 11:47 PM
i've almost bought ruby down KOTR + W summon 5 times

level 2 the thing is add counter to mime and you pwn it

G SpOtZ
08-21-2005, 01:25 AM
Yea, masamune got a 1600 on his SAT back when that meant something, and you know everyone who ever got a 1600 is a pure genius.
that, is INSANE. props to him.

Shoden
08-21-2005, 07:33 PM
pwnt Them both

KoShiatar
08-21-2005, 09:56 PM

ok but there is an easy way to get elixers in the crater somewhere (wow G SpOtZ knows everything) :choc:

Steal from Master Tomberries.

TheSpoonyBard
08-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Tonberry + Morph = Ribbon
Tonberry + Steal = Elixir

Dreddz
08-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Magic pots make it far easier.

Fonzie
08-22-2005, 01:26 PM
So you just keep feeding the magic pots elixers and they'll grow in ap. When do you konw when their really high?

Rengori
08-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Check your materia.

G SpOtZ
08-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Check your materia.
yeah, it sez the ap it has, and the ap it needs under the stars.

Sephitachi7
08-23-2005, 05:33 AM
you don't need to get insanely strong if you just want to beat Ruby. Just use W-Summon Hades and KOTR then mime. Hades will stop her and KoTR will hurt her. Spam this and you have owned what, in my opinion was the hardest enemy in the game (of course until I noticed this method).

Mercen-X
08-23-2005, 06:37 AM
I just equip Double/Triple AP gear and fight the Unknowns in the sunken Gelnika.

Shoden
08-23-2005, 02:28 PM
W-Summon-HP Plus HP plus-Mime Fire-elemental

KOTR-Hp absorb Final Attack-Phoenix W-item-2x cut

Equip: Ultima Weapon-Mystile-Ribbon

thats my line up for Ruby and Emerald and i pwnt them