PDA

View Full Version : New piccy from long lost artist ^^

Shimeng
08-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Hiya guys! It's been ages! Last I was here my nick would be Lonelly.
I don't expect anyone to remember little me *sniff* It was a reeeaaally long time ago ^^'

Well, I'll just get to the point. I'm posting a new picture 'couse I need your oppinion about it. The guy is one of the worlds cutest guys, aka Squall Leonhart from FFVIII.

Kinda new design. Anyone familliar with the j.rocker Gackt?
Well, ff-characterdesigner Nomura Tetsuya is a huge Malice Mizer (Gackt's former band) fan and it is said that he found a lot of inspiration in not just Gackt's outfitt but in Gackt himsefl too ^^

http://www.taospage.net/Image/MMizer/gacktsquall.jpg
<---- Take a look at this for example.

So I built on, on that theory and made him look a bit like Gackt (since Gackt acctually IS the cutest guy in the world! It's true! I promise! ^_^).

Well, well, egnought talk.
Please, please, please give me som C&C.

Rye
08-20-2005, 09:17 PM
That's amazing. I can't think of any C&C, except that the face is a little long, but it's amazing.

black orb
08-20-2005, 09:23 PM
>>> Very nice draw, the shading in his hair is great..

DancingOnigiri
08-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Anyone familliar with the j.rocker Gackt?
Well, ff-characterdesigner Nomura Tetsuya is a huge Malice Mizer (Gackt's former band) fan and it is said that he found a lot of inspiration in not just Gackt's outfitt but in Gackt himsefl too ^^
AWESOME!!!! That's why we love Nomura, right? He's got great taste ;)

Gackt acctually IS the cutest guy in the world! It's true! I promise! ^_^).
I believe you ^^ :love:

GooeyToast
08-20-2005, 09:32 PM
face looks like Keanu Reeves mixed with a chimp

anyways, besideds the long face, thats very good.

Shimeng
08-20-2005, 09:38 PM
*giggles* Dancing Onigiri - you have a friend for life! Anyone who adors BOTH Gackt and Nomura has got to be a great person! ^_~

By the way. I was at a visual kei consert last night - the first one in sweden, ever! - and it was the best! The singer (/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifi... the cutie in my avatar) was stunning. I even got to hold his hand *blush* GAWD! What is it with japanese men?
*talking to herself again*

Shimeng
08-20-2005, 09:39 PM
Erh... ? Don't know here the odd smiles came from *feeling like the greatest noob*
I was meant to say, the vocalist's name is Fu ki
^^'

Shimeng
08-20-2005, 09:43 PM
Thank you for encuraging me ^^'
Rye - I know it turned out a bit long... I tend to sit werry close when I draw, and sometimes that could be fatal... *blush*
That's why I'm not sure if it's good egnough...

This oktober the library in town will have my work up in the glass monter by the door the same weakend as an fantasy convent, so this is one of the pictures I might put there...

BizzerocitY
08-20-2005, 09:55 PM
I really, really like it, but around the eyes and nose part it seems all focused and squished and my eyes are all AAAAH, but the hair, and the shading and the overall picture is amazing. I'll give it a 9/10. I just have trouble with the eyes, but since I suck like 9 times worse than you, how can I complain? Great job and two thumbs up.

Shimeng
08-20-2005, 10:17 PM
*thihi* don't know if your guys are up for more, but I acctually made a piccy of Quistis too.

So, if anyone has the strength to go though all the above messages - here's a secpund pic ^^'
Thanx for your time.

GooeyToast
08-20-2005, 10:22 PM
you spelled Seifer wrong

besides that, another great job

Shimeng
08-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Hehe ^^'
I guess I did... dear dyslexia...

^_^

Reles
08-20-2005, 10:31 PM
Great shading and backgrounds, with pictures like these, you could go far.

Shimeng
08-20-2005, 10:34 PM
Great shading and backgrounds, with pictures like these, you could go far.

*blushes furiosly*

BizzerocitY
08-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I agree with the person above. It's very good, and Quistis is just about perfect.

Rengori
08-20-2005, 10:48 PM
No words can describe that... So the smileys will.
:love: :love: :love: :D :cool: :cool: :beer: :bigsmile: :<3: :<3: :bigbiggri

udsuna
08-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Very impressive. Just one criticism: your people look dead. The figures are almost photo-realistic, but they don't look "alive". The curves are too sharp, making them look like they were carved from wood. Try adding "beauty marks" like dimples, or a smile might help. Add some more emphasis to the flesh on the cheekbones. And Squall's hand is too angular.

But other than that, absolutely gorgeous. The hair, the outfits, the backgrounds, and especially the eyes (wow, those are beyond wonderful). I want to eat your talent and use it myself.