PDA

View Full Version : Zidane... is he a true warrior?

Dr. Casey
08-21-2005, 09:08 AM
...???

Armisael
08-21-2005, 09:27 AM
I guess...

Christmas
08-21-2005, 09:38 AM
What is your definition of true warrior?

Zante
08-21-2005, 10:16 AM
Nope, hes a thief.

boys from the dwarf
08-21-2005, 11:56 AM
he a theif but he is an amazing fighter.although steiner and freya are knights.but zidane is just as powerful as the other characters.unless you get excalibur 2(which is a very insanely hard thing to do.)he is the most poerful character with the best weapon on the game.did anyone else find it annoying when freya leaves your party and when she returns shes on the same low level as when you left her.i was planning to keep freya in my main party until this happened :( .

kawaiileena
08-21-2005, 12:19 PM
A true warrior? Uhh... yeah, I guess. He's maybe a thief, but he's a warrior at heart and mind, as he dedicated his whole being saving Gaia, or something like that...

Mihhailovitš
08-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Zidane was a peach idiot with a tail and a butter knife.

TurkSlayer
08-21-2005, 06:41 PM
He has weapons. He slashs people with them. What else does he need?

boys from the dwarf
08-21-2005, 09:16 PM
zidane is a fighter but i wouldnt call him a warrior.by a warrior i mean people like freya and steiner but zidane isnt a knight but a fighter and theif but not a warrior.i kinda agree with turk slayer though.

tranvanhieu
08-22-2005, 03:45 AM
"YOU DON'T NEED A REASON TO HELP PEOPLE" --->Zidane's Philosophy.

If he is not a true warrior ,then who????

Pouring Rain
08-22-2005, 04:32 AM
No one............ um, hes a theif and a hero? just like black and marcus...

G SpOtZ
08-22-2005, 08:49 AM
stiltzkin is a true warrior. just think of his job... and what he looks like. and his purpose. and he's a moogle.

Karl
08-23-2005, 02:07 AM
i think so, even tho he doesnt belong to any military or anything in ff9, the discussion in the game in lindblum on disk one when the brumecian soldier comes in dying kinda make me think so, tantalus kinda seems like a special crew that help out cid

Big D
08-23-2005, 02:16 AM
"YOU DON'T NEED A REASON TO HELP PEOPLE" --->Zidane's Philosophy.

If he is not a true warrior ,then who????Funny philosophy, one that Zidane never really lives by.

He's a thief - an armed, violent criminal who makes a living by stealing from others for his own personal gain.
When Tantalus was hired to abduct Garnet, Zidane and the others weren't told the reason. But he was still happy to kidnap a 16-year-old girl out of her own home, just because his boss (who called her a "babe-ilicious beauty") told him to. "You don't need a reason to help people Baku get his rocks off."
Zidane's reason for helping Garnet was clear - he thought she was pretty, and believed he could score by doing favours for her. Yay for Mr Morality.

It took a very long time before Zidane actually started doing "the right thing" just because it was morally right to do so. The rest of the time, he struts around the place, hypocritically condemning the behaviour of others (e.g. Steiner, Amarant) who are fighting for what they believe is right.

Do you ever wonder how many people became seriously depressed after getting mugged at knifepoint by that self-serving baboon? What he did to Amarant is a clear indication of how little other people's lives mean to him.

Mercen-X
08-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Uh . . . when was the last time you played this game?

. . . and no. He's definitely not a warrior. He's a selfish, self-serving felon with a wandering eye and sticky fingers.

Sure, he like his gang, he likes Garnet, Vivi, Steiner (sort of) and the rest . . . but he tries to change them all and make them as laidback as he is. To totally disregard the laws and values of society so they can have a bit more fun.

He's a deviant, not a warrior. His "What's That!?" skill should prove to you how dishonorable he can be in battle.

Dr.K
08-23-2005, 11:20 AM
He's not a warrior. He's nifty with a weapon once you train him up, but he's hardly a warrior. More just a ruffian.

sayen
09-14-2005, 12:56 PM
zidanes class is thief so he isent a warrior.
stiner is a knight
vivi is black mage
frya is a dragoon knight
quina is a blue mage
garnet summoner
eiko white mage
armant is monk/ninja

Ultima Shadow
09-14-2005, 02:53 PM
He's my girlfriend.

Primus Inter Pares
09-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Nope, hes a thief.

Deaths_Hand
09-15-2005, 06:22 AM
generally in most games you play warrior would be a class as would theif, he could be a multi class but that wouldnt make him a true warrior now would it

G SpOtZ
09-15-2005, 11:45 PM
he's a monkey.

chocobo hunter
09-16-2005, 01:52 AM
He's a thief who became a warrior

nik0tine
09-16-2005, 03:32 AM
There is much much more ot Zidane than being a "warrior". In fact, I wouldn't referto him as a warrior at all. Zidane is a leader, and it takes more than one 'warrior' to get anything done. It takes a team and a team needs a leader. Zidane has leadership qualities and compassion, and when he fights, he fights for other people.

crashNUMBERS
09-18-2005, 12:46 AM
Nope, hes a thief.
Nope he's a rouge...

Dr. Casey
10-13-2005, 03:30 AM
Funny philosophy, one that Zidane never really lives by.

He's a thief - an armed, violent criminal who makes a living by stealing from others for his own personal gain.
When Tantalus was hired to abduct Garnet, Zidane and the others weren't told the reason. But he was still happy to kidnap a 16-year-old girl out of her own home, just because his boss (who called her a "babe-ilicious beauty") told him to. "You don't need a reason to help people Baku get his rocks off."
Zidane's reason for helping Garnet was clear - he thought she was pretty, and believed he could score by doing favours for her. Yay for Mr Morality.

It took a very long time before Zidane actually started doing "the right thing" just because it was morally right to do so. The rest of the time, he struts around the place, hypocritically condemning the behaviour of others (e.g. Steiner, Amarant) who are fighting for what they believe is right.

Do you ever wonder how many people became seriously depressed after getting mugged at knifepoint by that self-serving baboon? What he did to Amarant is a clear indication of how little other people's lives mean to him.

So where's the fascinating in-depth debate over this? Honestly, people. Show some Final Fantasy 9 love.

Skyblade
10-13-2005, 09:15 AM
Uh . . . when was the last time you played this game?

. . . and no. He's definitely not a warrior. He's a selfish, self-serving felon with a wandering eye and sticky fingers.

Sure, he like his gang, he likes Garnet, Vivi, Steiner (sort of) and the rest . . . but he tries to change them all and make them as laidback as he is. To totally disregard the laws and values of society so they can have a bit more fun.

He's a deviant, not a warrior. His "What's That!?" skill should prove to you how dishonorable he can be in battle.

This was great up until the last line. A true warrior knows that you don't have to be any more honorable than your opponents, and that you never fight fair. Fighting fair=fighting stupid. A true warrior grabs whatever advantage he can, whether it's distracting the opponent or kicking them in the knadgers. You don't bicker about chivalry when someone's trying to kill you. About the only line that shouldn't be crossed is involving innocents in the battle. Anything else is free game. The monsters wouldn't hesitate to stab you in the back, and if you are too "honorable" to do the same, you're an idiot.

GunbladeMaster
10-13-2005, 03:57 PM
he's a monkey.

monkey------>human------->theif-------->warrior

Fonzie
10-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Monkey/human/theif/warrior

Thier i fixed your statement a little GunBlade

GunbladeMaster
10-13-2005, 08:41 PM
no i mean he goes from a little monkey to a theif to human-like to a being true warrior
who fights for others

Omi4000
10-25-2005, 10:09 AM
i da ken mabye

Dr. Casey
10-26-2005, 02:12 AM
i da ken mabye

Uh, yeah. Those two middle words are supposed to be what, exactly?

Jiro
10-26-2005, 09:43 AM
i dont know maybe