PDA

View Full Version : FF7 easy?tiny bronco replacing highwind.

boys from the dwarf
08-21-2005, 11:33 AM
we all know the the "knights of the round"materia will destroy almost any enemy or boss in one.and you can get it as soon as you get a gold chocobo.and it is possible to get the KoTR as soon as you get the airship.this will make the game easy for the rest of the way through.my question is can you get it on disk one.if you can you can get to most places before your even supposed to and get amazing weapons early.if it is possible to get to midgar on disk one which means you will be able to all of the locations on disk one.is this possible.

by other question is this.on gamewinners or cheat planet.com(i forgot which.)there is a way of replacing highwind with a flying tiny bronco.id this a rumour or actually possible?

Captain Maxx Power
08-21-2005, 12:16 PM
To your first question, I believe you can't rent out Chocobo stables before Disc 2 anyway, so you can't breed said Golden Chocobo, because it would make the game extremely easy (especially since Golden Chocobos can go anywhere, you could litreally ride straight to the City of Ancients before the whole Temple hooha.

As to replacing the Highwind with the Tiny Bronco, I'd imagine this would only be possible with the PC version if you were to hack the graphics. Apart from that it's a filthy, stinking lie.

Cloud Lionheart
08-21-2005, 01:43 PM
What did you meen by: you can get KOTR when you get the airship...

You cant coz you cant land on the forest...
Sorry if i missinterpritaited (typo my ass, i cant spell) this... and if you ment somthing else!

Terran
08-21-2005, 04:05 PM
In disk one you cannot rent out the chocobo stables and therefore not be able to get a golden chocobo. Also you need to get a nut from some goblins on goblin island which can ONLY be accessed using the Highwind. Also you have to get some stuff from the chocobo sage in order to make a green or blue chocobo, and you can ONLY reach the chocobo sage once you get the airship. You get the airship in Disk 2(I think) but you still can't rent out teh stables till Disk 3. On the 3rd disk if you go to teh chocobo farm, he will say "why doncha breed some chocobos before the world ends eh?" or something along those lines. I am not entirely sure at what exact moment in the game you cna rent out stables but I did it in disk 3. *shrugs* And about the Tiny Bronco replacing the Highwind thing, I've never seen it done, but It may be possible on PC.

Mihhailovitš
08-21-2005, 04:16 PM
You get the airship in Disk 2(I think) but you still can't rent out teh stables till Disk 3. On the 3rd disk if you go to teh chocobo farm, he will say "why doncha breed some chocobos before the world ends eh?" .
You get the stables on disc 2.

Rengori
08-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Also you have to get some stuff from the chocobo sage in order to make a green or blue chocobo, and you can ONLY reach the chocobo sage once you get the airship.
That's not neciasarily true. You can get a gold chocobo without even giving the sage a glance. And you could easily get there with a black chocobo, since you can get to Bone Village with the Tiny Bronco and mountains are easily crossable by it.

boys from the dwarf
08-21-2005, 09:01 PM
What did you meen by: you can get KOTR when you get the airship...

You cant coz you cant land on the forest...
Sorry if i missinterpritaited (typo my ass, i cant spell) this... and if you ment somthing else!
i meant as soon as you get the airship you are able to get the things you need to get KoTR;).which is why i said as soon as you get the airship.thanks for all of you guys help.but my point still remains.as soon as you get the airship you can get KoTR whch makes the game easy.KoTR should only be accessable on disk 3.

G SpOtZ
08-22-2005, 03:59 AM
can't replace the airship with the tiny bronco without modifying the game. jussa rumor. i don't imagine why you would want to tho, lol. it'd just be the same.

Masamune·1600
08-22-2005, 04:29 AM
There are a number of locations that, because of Gaia's physical geography, are inaccessible during Disc 1. These locations include Cactus Island, Goblin Island, and (most notably here) Round Island. Further, as mentioned, the stables cannot be rented prior to Disc 2.

There are a vast number of rumors concerning the Tiny Bronco, none of which are true. The plane cannot be repaired, obtained again during Discs 2 and 3, replace the Highwind, assist in fighting Sapphire Weapon, or anything of that nature. Its purpose, in game terms, is to allow access to a number of locations (Wutai, Temple of the Ancients, and so on) that could not otherwise be reached, without giving the player the ability to reach places like Mideel.

While the chocobo breeding sidequest may seem inadequate to yield so potent a materia as Knights of the Round, consider the nature of the quest if you were not already aware of its specifics. Without resorting to an outside source of information, you would have to repeatedly visit the Chocobo Sage, obtain a variety of chocobos from across Gaia, and locate several Carob Nuts, as well as a Zeio Nut. This would seem to be a rather involved quest. You would then have to stumble across Round Island, a location far removed from any landmass, without any indication that it even existed. Eight years after FFVII was released, KotR might seem overly easy to obtain. On an initial playthrough, however, the quest, while not excessively difficult, would have at least seemed more daunting than it does now.

fantasyjunkie
08-22-2005, 06:48 AM
I'm going for the knights of the round now but i keep breeding green chocobos no matter what male/female combo i use!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2: male great and female good or vice versa. geez! :mad: Sorry I had to rant :)

Dreddz
08-22-2005, 10:38 AM
you can get a gold chocobo/KOTRT in disk 2........

Rengori
08-22-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm going for the knights of the round now but i keep breeding green chocobos no matter what male/female combo i use!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2: male great and female good or vice versa. geez! :mad: Sorry I had to rant :)
It would be nice if you could trade chocobos like in Pokemon.

Terran
08-22-2005, 04:13 PM
There are a number of locations that, because of Gaia's physical geography, are inaccessible during Disc 1. These locations include Cactus Island, Goblin Island, and (most notably here) Round Island. Further, as mentioned, the stables cannot be rented prior to Disc 2.

There are a vast number of rumors concerning the Tiny Bronco, none of which are true. The plane cannot be repaired, obtained again during Discs 2 and 3, replace the Highwind, assist in fighting Sapphire Weapon, or anything of that nature. Its purpose, in game terms, is to allow access to a number of locations (Wutai, Temple of the Ancients, and so on) that could not otherwise be reached, without giving the player the ability to reach places like Mideel.

While the chocobo breeding sidequest may seem inadequate to yield so potent a materia as Knights of the Round, consider the nature of the quest if you were not already aware of its specifics. Without resorting to an outside source of information, you would have to repeatedly visit the Chocobo Sage, obtain a variety of chocobos from across Gaia, and locate several Carob Nuts, as well as a Zeio Nut. This would seem to be a rather involved quest. You would then have to stumble across Round Island, a location far removed from any landmass, without any indication that it even existed. Eight years after FFVII was released, KotR might seem overly easy to obtain. On an initial playthrough, however, the quest, while not excessively difficult, would have at least seemed more daunting than it does now.

Hes right ya know...