PDA

View Full Version : Rufus SPOILERS!!!!!!!! Enter at your own risk.

fantasyjunkie
08-22-2005, 06:44 AM
I just got to the part where Rufus died. That dude died like a man. I liked the way he faced the end.

Slade
08-22-2005, 07:08 AM
His legacy lives on in the form of Seifer and Draco Malfoy............

G SpOtZ
08-22-2005, 08:35 AM
RUFUS DIES?! wtf, when did i miss this... wasn't he supposed to be in ffvii ac?

Mercen-X
08-22-2005, 09:30 AM
I just got to the part where Rufus died. That dude died like a man. I liked the way he faced the end.
Uh . . . dude, he saw a huge ray from Diamond heading straight for his office, what was he supposed to do, jump out the window? He didn't face his death like a man, he ducked behind his desk.

. . . and he's not dead . . . he's in Advent Children.

Dreddz
08-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Does anyone know how in the hell Rufus is in AC, or does he have some Laser proof dsk or sumin ?

boys from the dwarf
08-22-2005, 12:30 PM
i hardly remember that part.oh well.

Christmas
08-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Does anyone know how in the hell Rufus is in AC, or does he have some Laser proof dsk or sumin ?

I reckon he is damn lucky.

G SpOtZ
08-22-2005, 06:26 PM
see. i knew he didn't die. he's in ac! i never really liked him tho.

KoShiatar
08-22-2005, 10:18 PM
So it wasn't me missing a piece, it really looks like he died. Oh, well. At this pace, we'll see again even Hojo, Zak and....no, I don't want to say so!
Not even as a groovy ghoulie!!

Final_Heavan_33
08-22-2005, 10:28 PM
it looked like rufus died but i heard he was in AC too, but then i thought hold on here Diamiond just unleashed a barrage of energy waves and blew him apart i mean hows he comin back ya?

G SpOtZ
08-22-2005, 11:34 PM
maybe there's a sidequest to resurrect him like aeris.

fantasyjunkie
08-23-2005, 05:20 AM
maybe there's a sidequest to resurrect him like aeris.
LOL! :D

Mercen-X
08-23-2005, 07:31 AM
it looked like rufus died but i heard he was in AC too, but then i thought hold on here Diamiond just unleashed a barrage of energy waves and blew him apart i mean hows he comin back ya?
The screenshot shifted from the office before it blew up entirely, it is actually left to question whether he died at all. In fact, I don't remember if there was even any dialogue to guarantee his death actually happened.

Shinra, himself on the other hand, was stabbed by Sephiroth. He was confirmed dead by several characters, if Rufus succession to presidency is not presiding.

Zack was shot in the rib, in the stomach, and in the chest with a machine gun. He's not coming back.
Aeris was stabbed through the back by the Masamune. Since she's not Cloud, she won't be coming back in physical form.

Tseng, however, was still talking when you use the key in the Temple of the Ancients. We don't know if he died or if he was sucked into the Black Materia during its forming. His fate is yet another unknown. No one in the game ever mentioned whether Tseng died.

Nanaki's father, Seto, is trapped in stone. Because of the supersoft precedence left by FFIX, it remains a possibility that someone, someday, may yet find a way to bring Seto back. This possibility is, however, very slim which makes this very unlikely.

Bugenhagen dies of old age only if you revisit Cosmo Canyon. If you never return, he doesn't have to die (but Red XIII DOES have to return eventually, thus Bugen's death is inevitable). Bugenhagen will not return in a physical form.

I don't remember any clear indication as to whether Scarlet and Heidegger were actually obliterated in the destruction of the Proud Clod. I'll have to play to that point again to verify.

Biggs, Jessie, Wedge and many others were all crushed by a city-wide plate. No one survived, I swear.

Tifa's father (and others) were all killed by Sephiroth himself. Tifa didn't overreact to a badly injured, unconscious father. She reacted to a dead father, took up his sword and tried to attack Sephiroth. Nobody killed by Sephi will be returning.

Here's a possibility one might not consider. The marines on the initial sub you steal to shoot down the Huge Materia bearing sub. The crew is the same that marched alongside Cloud during the presidential reception parade. Since killing them is a choice left to the player, their deaths are not guaranteed. Since Cloud's own name is not guaranteed to be chosen by the player, there is a strong possibility that the sub crew could return in future FF7 sequels if Square should deem it so.

A return I'm looking forward to is Master Zangan. He disappeared after the events in Nibelheim and left only a letter and Final Heaven for Tifa. What was his fate?

It's been a long time since I fought Hojo, so I don't recall exactly what happened to him. I'll have to play to that point again to verify.

The height from which Corneo fell isn't something to scoff at. I'm pretty sure that fat lecher is "SQUASHED TOMATOES!"

Dyne leapt off a ravine into . . . nobody knows. There's more of a chance he survived that fall (given his previous fall into nothingness *geez* what a climax), than there is that Zack survived being shot over and over again.

Lucrecia's fate is also left to question, she seems very much alive on Disc 2, but she disappears. Is she still around? Is she dead? Did she fade away? These questions are left to speculation but seem to be part of the theme of Dirge of Cerberus for Vincent.

princevodlac
08-23-2005, 02:00 PM
supposenbly rufus is the guy in the well chair in AC:

G SpOtZ
08-23-2005, 10:53 PM
he is, i'm pretty sure they varified that somewhere...

Ohhh
08-23-2005, 11:06 PM
yeah, so if he is the guy in the wheel chair, thats why he wears that cape because hes got horribly bad burns from being blown up...

G SpOtZ
08-23-2005, 11:18 PM
and possibly geostigma.

Masamuneˇ1600
08-24-2005, 02:35 AM
Tseng, however, was still talking when you use the key in the Temple of the Ancients. We don't know if he died or if he was sucked into the Black Materia during its forming. His fate is yet another unknown. No one in the game ever mentioned whether Tseng died.

Elena implies fairly heavily that Tseng died when she confronts Cloud at Icicle Inn.

Elena: Cloud... huff... wheeze. I won't let you go any further!

Cloud: What's down there?

Elena: It's a SE-CR-ET. It really doesn't matter! But you really got guts doin'
my boss in like that!

Cloud: You mean Boss...... Tseng? That wasn't us. Sephiroth did it.

Elena: No! Don't think you can fool me, liar!

Cloud: I'm not lying... it was Sephiroth.

Elena: Don't try to act innocent. I'll never forget it!!

Cloud: Oh, man...

Elena: Looks like talking alone won't cut it. You're going to have to feel some
pain!

The fact that Tseng doesn't appear for the rest of the game also supports the supposition that he died. It's not impossible for SE to bring him back, but, unless they do, his fate is fairly apparent.

I don't remember any clear indication as to whether Scarlet and Heidegger were actually obliterated in the destruction of the Proud Clod. I'll have to play to that point again to verify.

We don't actually see them die, although it's a logical assumption given the power of the blast that marked the end of the Proud Clod.

Here's a possibility one might not consider. The marines on the initial sub you steal to shoot down the Huge Materia bearing sub. The crew is the same that marched alongside Cloud during the presidential reception parade. Since killing them is a choice left to the player, their deaths are not guaranteed. Since Cloud's own name is not guaranteed to be chosen by the player, there is a strong possibility that the sub crew could return in future FF7 sequels if Square should deem it so.

This is somewhat similar to, say, (Metal Gear Solid Spoiler ahead) Metal Gear Solid, where the player's actions determine whether Meryl lives or dies. Meryl will be back for MGS4, showing that her survival was the intended outcome. The sub crew is probably too insignificant to be mentioned either way, but I would suspect that SE leaves them alive if the issue is addressed.

It's been a long time since I fought Hojo, so I don't recall exactly what happened to him. I'll have to play to that point again to verify.

Given that Hojo completely disappeared from atop the Sister Ray, and that the battle graphics depict him being "destroyed" (as opposed to escaping, as we often saw with the Turks), it's safe to assume that he died. As in other cases, it's not impossible for him to be brought back, but until he is it's correct to speak of him as having died.

Dyne leapt off a ravine into . . . nobody knows. There's more of a chance he survived that fall (given his previous fall into nothingness *geez* what a climax), than there is that Zack survived being shot over and over again.

Again, Dyne should be assumed dead until he actually returns, although his return would surprise me less than that of any other apparently deceased character.

-N-
08-24-2005, 03:06 AM
mm1600 got around to saying what I wanted before I did. But Mercen-X and he have got it straight.

Cloud Lionheart
08-24-2005, 04:06 PM
Whats Geostigma?

crashNUMBERS
08-24-2005, 04:10 PM
Yeah. That guy was way better than that wuss cloud. RIP...

Masamuneˇ1600
08-24-2005, 05:24 PM
Whats Geostigma?

Advent Children Basically, Geostigma is the side effects of the internal conflict between a Gaian's Spirit Energy and JENOVA cells. This conflict can result in a number of health issues, including fatigue, open wounds, and even death.

Mercen-X
08-24-2005, 08:42 PM
TsengElena implies fairly heavily that Tseng died when she confronts Cloud at Icicle Inn.

The fact that Tseng doesn't appear for the rest of the game also supports the supposition that he died. It's not impossible for SE to bring him back, but, unless they do, his fate is fairly apparent.
Scarlet and HeideggerWe don't actually see them die, although it's a logical assumption given the power of the blast that marked the end of the Proud Clod.
sub crewThe sub crew is probably too insignificant to be mentioned either way, but I would suspect that SE leaves them alive if the issue is addressed.
HojoGiven that Hojo completely disappeared from atop the Sister Ray, it's safe to assume that he died.
DyneDyne should be assumed dead until he actually returns.
:thumb: Did you know the Proud Clod was going to be called Proud Clad? I think that sounds better.

G SpOtZ
08-24-2005, 08:50 PM
yeah that'd be pretty chill.

FiragaBreak
08-24-2005, 08:53 PM

Congrats!!! Job well done!!! Only 57 more hours to go!!!

18p
08-25-2005, 12:51 AM
Uh . . . dude, he saw a huge ray from Diamond heading straight for his office, what was he supposed to do, jump out the window? He didn't face his death like a man, he ducked behind his desk.

. . . and he's not dead . . . he's in Advent Children.i agree hes a chicken he attacked the dam thing thinking he could beat it then in the end he gets destoryed by it its his own fault and he couldent even face death he hid from it

Crop
08-25-2005, 06:38 PM

. . . and he's not dead . . . he's in Advent Children.i agree hes a chicken he attacked the dam thing thinking he could beat it then in the end he gets destoryed by it its his own fault and he couldent even face death he hid from it

He faught it like a man, no one else did, if it wasnt for him the whole of the FF7 world would have been killed by weapon. And although he was one of my fave characters i think they should have let him die there and then.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Did you know the Proud Clod was going to be called Proud Clad? I think that sounds better.Clad/Clod is just a transliteration ambiguity. As far as I know, there's no way of knowing which one is correct since neither one really makes more sense than the other.

Desperado
08-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Hey, guys. Specify whether you're posting a FFVII spolier or a FFVII: AC spoiler. I just highlighted some #$^@ that I thought was a FFVII spoiler and whoop! Now I'm a little more enlightened about Advent Children then I'd like to be.

Mercen-X
08-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Did you know the Proud Clod was going to be called Proud Clad? I think that sounds better.Clad/Clod is just a transliteration ambiguity. As far as I know, there's no way of knowing which one is correct since neither one really makes more sense than the other.
Well, Proud Clod sounds like a dumbass with pride. Proud Clad sounds like a being clad in pride. Like, "leather clad" or "clad in shame." Proud Clad just sounds better to me.

Fonzie
08-27-2005, 04:16 AM
Rufus got raped by Reeve that's why he's in a wheelchair, and you guys thought he had geostigma.

G SpOtZ
08-27-2005, 04:41 AM
Rufus got raped by Reeve that's why he's in a wheelchair, and you guys thought he had geostigma.
nice try. i mean come on, that's seriously the stupidest thing i've ever heard. seriously.

because it's not rape if you like it or want it.

Fonzie
08-27-2005, 04:59 AM
Your stupider!!!

G SpOtZ
08-27-2005, 05:21 AM
XD

but serious. i read somewhere that he suffers from geo stigma. maybe it was the official site or somewhere else. ionno.

ultima88
08-27-2005, 09:37 AM
you never really see if he dies or not, the implication is that he dose, but gues were gunna have to wait and see eh ?