PDA

View Full Version : CC Group?

ezzarian
08-22-2005, 08:06 AM
How do I trigger the CC Group sidequest? I'm trying to look for the CC guys, but I can't find them! Do they say things like,"I'm the Spade!" or something to that sense? I need to know! I challenged everybody in the Main Hall and went to the entrance of the Cafeteria, but I found nobody! Even after re-entering the scene again and again! I want that Gilgamesh card! :( The only people that I see at the entrance to the Cafeteria are a little boy running around, a guy who just says,"............" all the time and a group of girls gossiping at the entrance of the parking lot!

Takara
08-22-2005, 08:40 AM
What disk are you on?

IceT
08-22-2005, 09:04 AM
You can challenge the CC group in Disc 2 (when things cool down in balamb garden) and onwards.

Then you must get into a card battle 15 times with random people, I always do 20 battles to be certain. And then it's just challenge the right people in the right order. Easy as pie.

ezzarian
08-22-2005, 09:17 AM
I'm on Disk 3 and I'm telling you I've challenged about 50 people already!

Mo-Nercy
08-22-2005, 09:58 AM
You have to play these guys in order: (remember to challenge them, not talk to them)

JACK -- Walks up the main hall of Balamb. Go look in the directory area for a student (a student wears blue)

CLUB -- He wanders around in the hall that joins the dorms, parking lot and cafeteria. He wears a black SeeD uniform

DIAMOND -- Two girls walking around the directory. They can't be spoken to until they stop walking.

SPADE -- The guy who gave you you're first 7 cards in the beginning of the game. He's the guy in green on 2F

HEART -- She's on the bridge. There's three people there. Find out yourself. Has Carbuncle.

KING -- Go talk to Nida after beating Heart. Then talk to Kadowaki. Then go to the dorms, disperse your party and sleep. Keep trying till you meet King. Has Gilgamesh card.

PS:

JOKER -- This guy can be challenged anytime after you beat Jack. He's an optional. In the training centre. Has Leviathan.

ezzarian
08-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Yes! I finished the sidequest! Thanks guys! By the way, where can I get a Laguna card besides from Ellone?

Megalixir
08-22-2005, 02:51 PM
yes. queen of cards on disc 4.

ezzarian
08-22-2005, 03:37 PM
yes. queen of cards on disc 4.
But the only way to trigger that quest is by losing to her right? 'Cause when I beat her, nothing happens!

ezzarian
08-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Okay, I moved her to Dollet but, how do I get a Laguna card?

BG-57
08-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Sounds like you're still on disc 3, if you can enter cities. If you want to go to disc 4, you have to fly into Lunatic Pandora. Once you're on disc 4, you can go on a quest to find the Ragnarok. With it, you can go looking for the crash site where the Queen of Cards is.

lionhearted
08-22-2005, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=IceT]You can challenge the CC group in Disc 2 (when things cool down in balamb garden) and onwards. QUOTE]

I hope this makes sense:

Is it possible to challenge the CC Group on Disk 1? Because if you cant, I dont see how you can get the GF Meter - to get this you must challenge CC Joker DURING the riot - you've said that you can only do it afterwards. Can you also challenge CC Jack during the riot?

Skyblade
08-22-2005, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE=IceT]You can challenge the CC group in Disc 2 (when things cool down in balamb garden) and onwards. QUOTE]

I hope this makes sense:

Is it possible to challenge the CC Group on Disk 1? Because if you cant, I dont see how you can get the GF Meter - to get this you must challenge CC Joker DURING the riot - you've said that you can only do it afterwards. Can you also challenge CC Jack during the riot?

Yes, you can challenge the CC Club on Disc 1, as long as you have enough wins in the Balamb Garden area. But you don't have to challenge CC Jack during the riot to get the meter. You can challenge him before the riot, or after the Garden is mobile and still get it.

ezzarian
08-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Well, I'm letting go of the Laguna card thing and heading into Ultimecia's castle! By the way, how do I get Ragnarok when I pass through the portals? People say that you need to go on some sort of quest to find it again!

crazybayman
08-23-2005, 12:04 PM
If you have this many questions, why don't you check out the walkthrough at www.eyesonff.com/ff8 (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff8)

It'll tell you everything you need to know.