PDA

View Full Version : Wich one to play now?

KoShiatar
08-22-2005, 08:31 PM
I've beaten Final Fantasy VII and I'm looking for advice.

Which game, of the following, is the best to play now? I'm relying on your opinion, sure it will be worth it.

-Final Fantasy 8?
-Final Fantasy 9?
-"Go finish Final Fantasy 1 and 3!!! You don't know what you're missing!!"
-Final Fantasy 2?
-Chrono Trigger?
-Breath of Fire 3? (Not Squaresoft, but still on my wishlist.)
-Bahamuth Lagoon?
-"Replay Final Fantasy 7 right away!"

Let me know!

Tama2
08-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Breath of Fire 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's real cool.......... :cool:

DJZen
08-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Square's Tom Sawyer

raskerino
08-22-2005, 10:52 PM
Depends on what you want- FF8 in my opinion is the best game ever and has a similiar main character if you liked cloud, also a darker feel than most of the other games. Some people find it's battle system repetitive but it is the game that allows the most customization of your characters (if you liked the customizing of FF7 that might be good) FF9 has the feel of more of an old school game with a job system setup and a more medieval feel. I would not go to FF1 and FF3 personally because the storylines are not near as in-depth. Chrono Trigger is a good game- to me everything was fun, and the total was better than any of the individual parts, it has a general fun feel set in different time zones. FF2, breath of fire 3 and bahamut lagoon are not games I've played. I wouldn't replay FF7 again but it is enjoyable to go through again if you liked it. Another PS1 rpg I would suggest is xenogears if you like in-depth storyline.

Aphelion
08-23-2005, 01:32 AM
I'd go with FFIX, though FFVIII and Bahamut Lagoon are great games too... IX has a great plot and amazing character development, not to mention the incredible music it has...

kikimm
08-23-2005, 03:22 AM
Go with FFVIII. I could never finish FFIX, never got into FF1, and I haven't played the rest yet. I definitley would not replay FF7 so soon after you beat it. Wait a little while, then go back an relive it.

But yes. FFVIII is the best. In my opinion. Pretty spiffy/beautiful game.

Shoeberto
08-23-2005, 03:48 AM
Chrono Trigger, imo, is the best out of all of those games. It's quite an experience.

Mercen-X
08-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Zorka Berries!

DocFrance
08-24-2005, 01:22 AM
Xenogears.

raskerino
08-24-2005, 03:00 AM
my suggestion comes back muahahahaha.

Wiegrahf42
08-24-2005, 03:31 AM
DocFrance always beats me to the punch when it comes to being a Xenogears fanboy. That, FFIX or CT would be my pick.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-24-2005, 03:44 AM
Xenogears.

But if it's only from that list, Chrono Trigger's the best on there.

edczxcvbnm
08-24-2005, 05:01 AM
Chrono Trigger.

FFVIII has some fairly obvious plot holes or seems like crap was thrown together half assed-ly.

FFIX is cool.

Breath of Fire 3 iis one of the few RPGs that NEVER becomes a quest to save the world and even when you beat the game...you still didn't really save the world. It is good but is more of an RPG than any FF game in that there is a lot to the battle system outside of stats and battle. It semi-forces you to do more outside of the battle system from finding masters to fishing for goods.

Chrono Trigger is short, easy, fun and has one of the most unique RPG battle systems ever...even to this very day. The story isn't super serious and has fun while telling a great tale of time travel. This is the one to go with. Side quests are option at the end but each side quest is more about one of the specific characters in the story and adds to their own character depth other than the simple "lets find more powerful weapons". Along with new game plus to just have a nice 4 hour run through the game, Chrono Trigger has it all.